Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

While it is unlikely that the stormtroopers would think to question the Inquisitor, the officers and agents might be able to influence the situation. Simply letting the girl go free, for good, is certainly not feasible. Going through the motions of the exchange, as a ruse; or even letting her go and tracking her to the Queen? There are any number of possibilities, in between the opposing positions of relinquishing the girl, and refusing to...

58 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Val knew the recognition codes for field operatives, so he has been vetted for some form of imperial service.

Would an Inquisitor know these?

2 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Would an Inquisitor know these?

Yes, though they are primarily for intelligence agents and assets, Drogos may have been apprised of them when he was briefed before joining the task force.

1 minute ago, Edgehawk said:

Yes, though they are primarily for intelligence agents and assets, Drogos may have been apprised of them when he was briefed before joining the task force.

Then him trusting the Zeltron would be logical.

10 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Sure. And besides, the dude smells fantastic.

Meanwhile back on the ship...

I guess I'll start a little stabby stabby at the sensors on these things. I assume 2eD? How many Boosts can I muster?

Maneuver to draw vibroblade.

2nd maneuver (Strain) to Aim.

Attack.

27 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

Meanwhile back on the ship...

I guess I'll start a little stabby stabby at the sensors on these things. I assume 2eD? How many Boosts can I muster?

Maneuver to draw vibroblade.

2nd maneuver (Strain) to Aim.

Attack.

That about sums it up. Yes, versus 2eD.

2 hours ago, Shlambate said:

That's a strong word ;)

Just now, CloudyLemonade92 said:

That's a strong word ;)

Which one? "Trust" or "Logical"? :D

Vibroblade vs. droids : 2eA+2eB+2eD 1 failure, 2 advantage
a-a.png a-a-a.png b-s.png b--.png d-th.png d-f-f.png

Use the Advantage to knock any loose that are on me and/or a Boost or Setback next round.

8 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

Use the Advantage to knock any loose that are on me and/or a Boost or Setback next round.

It will take 3 Advantage to knock any loose (so not this time); Boost or Setback is fine for next round (your pick, if you have a preference).

Setback

Can I possibly retrieve a stored blaster from the ship's stores? They are listed in Military crash survival kits, which I have

Edited by bsmith23

"This is where the fun begins"

:D

Val is going to follow the group and aid however he can. Though he's hoping in such a way that doesn't jeopardize his new understanding with Venlana. If anyone is wondering, his accent is a odd mix between French and Russian. (If you can picture that.) Most people can't place it, lots ask, some think he coined it himself.

4 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Which one? "Trust" or "Logical"? :D

The Z-word

8 hours ago, bsmith23 said:

Can I possibly retrieve a stored blaster from the ship's stores? They are listed in Military crash survival kits, which I have

Yes! Any small-frame pistol is fine. Bear in mind that attempting to shoot them will incur an Upgrade which could result in self-injury.

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Yes! Any small-frame pistol is fine. Bear in mind that attempting to shoot them will incur an Upgrade which could result in self-injury.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGWG_VS4bxOnVu2Ncrge4

Jokes aside, @Shlambate you still want to sabotage the ship? Do we even need to do that?

Edited by Rimsen
16 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGWG_VS4bxOnVu2Ncrge4

Jokes aside, @Shlambate you still want to sabotage the ship? Do we even need to do that?

@Edgehawk the sabotage was for in case the shuttle was to be fired upon. Is that shuttle no longer there? If that is the case we can forgo the weapons as we are inside the vessel and no one outside is at threat and instead raid the armory but the engines must be disabled or they could jump to friendly territory and acquire more pirates @Rimsen

Edited by Shlambate

Currently at work, weighing my options.

Blast em,

Find a loose wire to zap em,

Pop the hatch and hope they get sucked out.

2 and 3 much more cinematic...

@Edgehawk can the pirates operate the ship? I mean are they just a group of bandit, who took the ship, or they can make the capital ship work too?

Because we can also try to simply take back the ship, the troopers man the turrets, and smoke out the pirates. Or am I underestimating them?

Edited by Rimsen
1 hour ago, bsmith23 said:

Pop the hatch and hope they get sucked out.

Don’t forget your suit has been compromised.

1 hour ago, bsmith23 said:

Find a loose wire to zap em

Average Mechanics can turn some random ship wiring into a secondary ion blaster (dmg10, crit5, disorient5); I will flip a Destiny Point to Upgrade, as I feel there is room for catastrophic error here. 😁

2 hours ago, Shlambate said:

Is that shuttle no longer there? If that is the case we can forgo the weapons as we are inside the vessel and no one outside is at threat and instead raid the armory but the engines must be disabled or they could jump to friendly territory and acquire more pirates @Rimsen

The shuttle is no longer under immediate threat, but I’m not sure if the infiltration team is aware of the negotiations... no, wait- Val, and maybe Den would know.

43 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

@Edgehawk can the pirates operate the ship? I mean are they just a group of bandit, who took the ship, or they can make the capital ship work too?

Because we can also try to simply take back the ship, the troopers man the turrets, and smoke out the pirates. Or am I underestimating them?

The Adz-class Destroyer is specifically designed to operate under a small crew. It is not impossible that the occupying force might be capable of operating the ship.

Alright I will ask Luks

Then if the Shuttle is out of the guns we need to take out as many pirates silently as possible. No longer needing to take out the guns and the engines, but turn off the engines.

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

Average Mechanics can turn some random ship wiring into a secondary ion blaster (dmg10, crit5, disorient5); I will flip a Destiny Point to Upgrade, as I feel there is room for catastrophic error here. 😁

@bsmith23 Realized this isn’t as clear as it could be. I’ll let you use Mechanics as the Attack roll, this round, versus 1eD+1eC. You may Aim, as well.

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

@bsmith23 Realized this isn’t as clear as it could be. I’ll let you use Mechanics as the Attack roll, this round, versus 1eD+1eC. You may Aim, as well.

I figured that was what you meant. I've got that Disoriented Setback, too. But it's probably the best of the options at the moment.

Hitting the droids with electric : 2eA+1eP+1eB+1eD+1eC+1eS 4 successes, 1 threat, 1 Despair
a-s-a.png a-s-a.png p-s-s.png b-s.png d-th-th.png c-d.png s-th.png

AAAARRRGGGHHH!

14 points of damage to the droids

Crit Roll : 1d100 72 : Lose free maneuver until the end of the encounter.

This sucks...

So, do I take the damage, the crit?

It's not funny, it hurts.

Edited by bsmith23
Reaction to reaction
28 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

So, do I take the damage, the crit?

You can take the crit... or the Phantom can take a crit, from yanking out the wires- you can choose, and narrate accordingly.