Rise of the Separatists - Spoilers/ Q&A

By AgniAvis72, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

Any lightsaber crystals? What do they do?. Thanks

May I ask what Scrap-Em! and Improved Scrap-Em! do from the Clone Officer tree?

Might I ask what the fluff text says for the Jedi Career? Does it say anything about other era's or it's relation with the Careers and Specializations from Force and Destiny.

6 hours ago, Kaigen said:

Or helping to fill out the backstory for your Not!Asajj Ventress giving Dooku the finger.

Dooku himself leaving the order

8 minutes ago, Rithuan said:

Dooku himself leaving the order

Or Maul leaving the Sith.

Lots of inspiration out there for this one.

14 hours ago, AgniAvis72 said:

Ascension gun: shoot an anchor point within medium range with east ranged L or coordination check. once set user can ascend at one range band a round.

Augmented Vibro-motor: increases weapon base damage by 1; grants weapon cumbersome 3 or increases its existing cumbersome rating by 1

clone firing key - genetic lock for weapons (can be used for other genetics besides clones)

combat tested - add one boost to discipline checks

cortosis forging:weapon gains cortosis quality

ionizing emitter matrix: increase weapon base damage by 2 when targeting droids or vehicles but decrease damage by 1 vs organic and other targets

no geonosian weapons

Can you explain to us the crystals? Thanks

1 hour ago, AnomalousAuthor said:

Or Maul leaving the Sith.

Lots of inspiration out there for this one.

There are a lot of inspirations, but almost all of them involve coming into Outcast from another Force-using tradition.

I like that F-S Outcast is Universal, but I would have preferred it to have 4 Career Skills and not give FR 1 since it should be approached from a FaD Career (or Jedi).

3 hours ago, HappyDaze said:

There are a lot of inspirations, but almost all of them involve coming into Outcast from another Force-using tradition.

I like that F-S Outcast is Universal, but I would have preferred it to have 4 Career Skills and not give FR 1 since it should be approached from a FaD Career (or Jedi).

In every cannon case we have seen of an outcast they have actually grown in strength in seclusion. Yoda, Maul, Dooku, Ahsoka, etc. so I am fine with the FR1. It also means munchkin players won't spurn it simply bc it doesn't offer them a power advantage. Narratively I think it opens a lot of opportunities and I like that.

14 hours ago, ForgottenCurse said:

May I ask what Scrap-Em! and Improved Scrap-Em! do from the Clone Officer tree?

scrap'em: on successful attack suffer 2 strain and select allies up to rank sin leadership who add boost to attack again target until characters next turn

improved scrap'em: scrap'em affects twice the number of allies and allies add 2 boost die to combat checks against the target

39 minutes ago, AgniAvis72 said:

scrap'em: on successful attack suffer 2 strain and select allies up to rank sin leadership who add boost to attack again target until characters next turn

improved scrap'em: scrap'em affects twice the number of allies and allies add 2 boost die to combat checks against the target

Lightsaber crystals?

6 hours ago, Khazadune said:

In every cannon case we have seen of an outcast they have actually grown in strength in seclusion. Yoda, Maul, Dooku, Ahsoka, etc. so I am fine with the FR1. It also means munchkin players won't spurn it simply bc it doesn't offer them a power advantage. Narratively I think it opens a lot of opportunities and I like that.

I don't really see where you're going. The FR 1 only matters if you take Outcast from a non-Force career, and none of the examples you mention do that; they all started as some Force user that later became an Outcast. Not sure what you mean by spurn in this case, but the FR 1 is most often a waste.

3 hours ago, HappyDaze said:

I don't really see where you're going. The FR 1 only matters if you take Outcast from a non-Force career, and none of the examples you mention do that; they all started as some Force user that later became an Outcast. Not sure what you mean by spurn in this case, but the FR 1 is most often a waste.

Sorry, I didn't realize they meant the starting FR1, i thought they meant the talent one. Please disregard! Lol

21 hours ago, HappyDaze said:

It also covers Agri-Corps jedi dropouts, who have a day job and jedi youngling training on top of it, or someone like Kanan Jarrus, who worked as a scoundrel before Ezra made him remember his training.

1 hour ago, Rakaydos said:

It also covers Agri-Corps jedi dropouts, who have a day job and jedi youngling training on top of it, or someone like Kanan Jarrus, who worked as a scoundrel before Ezra made him remember his training.

Kanan's probably more the Padawan Survivor from Dawn of Rebellion than Force Outcast, especially since they used his likeness for the spec's "iconic character" image.

15 hours ago, AgniAvis72 said:

Thank you.
Curious, does the Clone Soldier Career actually state anywhere that only Clones can take the career? (Similar to the Retired Clone Trooper Universal Specialization)

Edited by ForgottenCurse
Additional question, did not want to add extra clutter with additional post.
2 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

51 minutes ago, Donovan Morningfire said:

Kanan's probably more the Padawan Survivor from Dawn of Rebellion than Force Outcast, especially since they used his likeness for the spec's "iconic character" image.

Definitely this. The Padawan Survivor was based upon Kanan to begin with.

I also suspect it's a systemic thing.

As in, FFG has decreed that every universal specialization tree with a force talent in it (unlike the "jedi carear", which isnt universal) must grant a force rating, because it's in-carear for every EoE and AoR carear.

2 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

I also suspect it's a systemic thing.

As in, FFG has decreed that every universal specialization tree with a force talent in it (unlike the "jedi carear", which isnt universal) must grant a force rating, because it's in-carear for every EoE and AoR carear.

I would also think that Outcast would have made a fine third specialization for the Jedi career rather than being Universal. Sure, everybody can become an Outcast, but most are/were Jedi or at least trained in the Jedi-arts. It would have also given us three starting Jedi specializations which would have also been "a systemic thing."

One other option it to thing less specific about the Outcast too. I'm allowing a player to re-spec a bit with this and Padawan Survivor. She's the daughter of a Jedi that survived for a bit after Order 66 and a non Jedi Force sensative. She come across a Holocron a while back (major Holocron, several different Jedi over the years have added their thoughts to it) that was hard fought and won. She's been trying to piece together what she can from it but it's not really a solid "hear's how to be a Jedi" .

She originally had Niman but thought the "disjointed-ness" of this spec would fit how she's been learning the force and I agree. It really fits this IMHO. Also, the Conflict talent also fits her background as her father (the former Jedi) has alway has......struggles....with aggressive tendencies.

Zophis crystal? How does it work?

Can anyone post / breakdown the Padawan and Knight Trees? It seems like the book will never come out for the rest of us and I’m interested in possibly using those trees in my game

9 minutes ago, Silverburst3 said:

Can anyone post / breakdown the Padawan and Knight Trees? It seems like the book will never come out for the rest of us and I’m interested in possibly using those trees in my game

On 4/19/2019 at 10:35 PM, AgniAvis72 said:

"the force awakens in all manner of beings and while many force sensitives are discovered by jedi or, on rare occasions, by sith, no one can se how many co unrecorded. jedi or sith who received training but then leave by choice or expulsions."

basically a fringe force user who is not part of the jedi during the time of the clone wars

they have a cool talent called "renegade form" its 15 cost and takes a bit to get to it but when you purchase it you can pick one characteristic and use it instead of Br for lightsaber. it also has the ravage ability from the Jedi warrior as well as prey on the weak, quick draw, uncanny reactions, party, reflect, sorry about the mess, disorient, quick strike, sense emotions, uncanny senses, etc.

Thinking of characters who actually were "outcasts" in canon, you can probably do many of them better without this spec - Dooku, Maul, Vos, Ahsoka, etc. In terms of matching this to a specific character, it really seems mostly about Asajj Ventress. In terms of a game function, it seems to be the Dark Side-flavored Force entry spec - sort of a darker parallel to Force-Sensitive Exile, Force-Sensitive Emergent, or Padawan Survivor. It's certainly an interesting tree.

34 minutes ago, Dr Lucky said:

Thinking of characters who actually were "outcasts" in canon, you can probably do many of them better without this spec - Dooku, Maul, Vos, Ahsoka, etc. In terms of matching this to a specific character, it really seems mostly about Asajj Ventress. In terms of a game function, it seems to be the Dark Side-flavored Force entry spec - sort of a darker parallel to Force-Sensitive Exile, Force-Sensitive Emergent, or Padawan Survivor. It's certainly an interesting tree.

I’m more inclined to say that Outcast was primarily based upon Maul and only tangentially on Ventriss.

What is the Arquitens-class  light  cruiser like?