Rise of the Separatists - Spoilers/ Q&A

By AgniAvis72, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

35 minutes ago, Khazadune said:

I'm really looking to find out what the new talents in the Scavenger tree say? We got exceed specifications, one persons trash and another's treasure. I don't know if we have seen improved utility Belt before, but that seems cool too. I can't read the talent descriptions in any of the posts cause they have been too blurry.

improved exceed specifications cost 20: when making check with item add boost die. GM may spend 2 threat on the check to damage the item one step or despair to damage it beyond usability

there is a supreme exceed specifications at cost 20 and it says checks with exceed spec generating a triumph may damage the item to roll an additional proficiency die and add it to check results. if the check generates a despair add a challenge die to the check results

contraption is at 25: 1/session take contraption action. make hard mechanics check to fashion a device to solve current problem using just tools and parts on hand.

13 minutes ago, AgniAvis72 said:

improved exceed specifications cost 20: when making check with item add boost die. GM may spend 2 threat on the check to damage the item one step or despair to damage it beyond usability

there is a supreme exceed specifications at cost 20 and it says checks with exceed spec generating a triumph may damage the item to roll an additional proficiency die and add it to check results. if the check generates a despair add a challenge die to the check results

contraption is at 25: 1/session take contraption action. make hard mechanics check to fashion a device to solve current problem using just tools and parts on hand.

Thank you!

Can I ask for what "one persons trash" and "another's treasure" do/are?

1 minute ago, Khazadune said:

Thank you!

Can I ask for what "one persons trash" and "another's treasure" do/are?

What person's trash: make perception check in order to location a particular item with no cost in location with potential salvage. the difficulty is base don items rarity.

another treasure: condition Of an item does not affect its sale price. additionally the character can always find a buyer for an item, no matter its condition or apparent value

Any NPC stats for the Coruscant guard? Also is there a rank system for the Republic military, mainly how Jedi fit in as commanders?

I'd love to have some insight into the weapon attachments. I've only caught a glimpse of that Vibro-motor and its surrounding text.
What else is there, and what's it do?

On 4/18/2019 at 3:45 AM, Donovan Morningfire said:

Are there new attachments? Specifically, new lightsaber crystals?

Not asking for the full crunch, just the names if there are any.

Thanks!

There are!

Weapon attachments:

ascension gun
Augmented vibro-motor
clone firing key
combat tested
cortosis forging
insulated firing mechanisms
ionizing focusing coils

Lightsaber attachments:

Fusion shunt
ilum crystal
Ionizing emitter matrix
thontin crystal
zophis crystal

Armor attachments:

bio-support dispenser
Ceremonial adornment
physiological enhancement system
squad tactical systems

10 hours ago, shockinglink said:

Any NPC stats for the Coruscant guard? Also is there a rank system for the Republic military, mainly how Jedi fit in as commanders?

No sorry no stats on a coruscant guard and no rank system for the Republic military

Are you able to post any information about the new Jedi career stuff? Also, does it recommend any additional starting experience for a clone wars era campaign?

We only got 2 Jedi career specs right? Isn't that weird? Shouldn't we have gotten 3 to stay even with other careers?

8 hours ago, AgniAvis72 said:

There are!

Weapon attachments:

ascension gun
Augmented vibro-motor
clone firing key
combat tested
cortosis forging
insulated firing mechanisms
ionizing focusing coils

Lightsaber attachments:

Fusion shunt
ilum crystal
Ionizing emitter matrix
thontin crystal
zophis crystal

Armor attachments:

bio-support dispenser
Ceremonial adornment
physiological enhancement system
squad tactical systems

Call me intrigued. Elaborate on that Cortosis Forging, thontin crystal and zophis crystal.

4 hours ago, Silverburst3 said:

Are you able to post any information about the new Jedi career stuff? Also, does it recommend any additional starting experience for a clone wars era campaign?

Knight has an FR 2 prerequisite, so you basically can't be a Knight without either working up, or starting at a higher XP level. Fortunately Padawan has it's +1FR pretty high up, so getting there is doable.

2 hours ago, Ghostofman said:

Knight has an FR 2 prerequisite, so you basically can't be a Knight without either working up, or starting at a higher XP level. Fortunately Padawan has it's +1FR pretty high up, so getting there is doable.

The names of the specs certainly make a bit more sense with this in mind.

Edited by AnomalousAuthor

Not  to derail  the topic but I was just wondering what other iconic  characters that are stated in the Rise of the Separatist  besides dooku, obi wan, and grievous?   Any other Jedi?

Oh oh! I have a question; pick me!

What's the fluff/description for Force Sensitive Outcast? What is the outcast cast out of? Jedi Order? Civilization? Is it a voluntary, or involuntary casting out?

I want to know how the spec fits into the grand scheme.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Call me intrigued. Elaborate on that Cortosis Forging, thontin crystal and zophis crystal.

Uhhh call me intrigued on the Ionizing emitter matrix.

Regarding weapons, is there any stats for the awesome Geonosians weapons, like the sonic blaster?

Thanks again, @AgniAvis72

21 hours ago, BluSunrize said:

I'd love to have some insight into the weapon attachments. I've only caught a glimpse of that Vibro-motor and its surrounding text.
What else is there, and what's it do?

2 hours ago, Rithuan said:

Uhhh call me intrigued on the Ionizing emitter matrix.

Regarding weapons, is there any stats for the awesome Geonosians weapons, like the sonic blaster?

Thanks again, @AgniAvis72

Ascension gun: shoot an anchor point within medium range with east ranged L or coordination check. once set user can ascend at one range band a round.

Augmented Vibro-motor: increases weapon base damage by 1; grants weapon cumbersome 3 or increases its existing cumbersome rating by 1

clone firing key - genetic lock for weapons (can be used for other genetics besides clones)

combat tested - add one boost to discipline checks

cortosis forging:weapon gains cortosis quality

ionizing emitter matrix: increase weapon base damage by 2 when targeting droids or vehicles but decrease damage by 1 vs organic and other targets

no geonosian weapons

Edited by AgniAvis72
3 hours ago, Issumar2380 said:

Not  to derail  the topic but I was just wondering what other iconic  characters that are stated in the Rise of the Separatist  besides dooku, obi wan, and grievous?   Any other Jedi?

padme

asajj ventress

2 hours ago, RLogue177 said:

Oh oh! I have a question; pick me!

What's the fluff/description for Force Sensitive Outcast? What is the outcast cast out of? Jedi Order? Civilization? Is it a voluntary, or involuntary casting out?

Thanks!

"the force awakens in all manner of beings and while many force sensitives are discovered by jedi or, on rare occasions, by sith, no one can se how many co unrecorded. jedi or sith who received training but then leave by choice or expulsions."

basically a fringe force user who is not part of the jedi during the time of the clone wars

they have a cool talent called "renegade form" its 15 cost and takes a bit to get to it but when you purchase it you can pick one characteristic and use it instead of Br for lightsaber. it also has the ravage ability from the Jedi warrior as well as prey on the weak, quick draw, uncanny reactions, party, reflect, sorry about the mess, disorient, quick strike, sense emotions, uncanny senses, etc.

Edited by AgniAvis72

What are the dual prow turbolasers on the Munificient? Standard heavies or something stronger to better match their damage level in older sources?

7 minutes ago, RogueCorona said:

What are the dual prow turbolasers on the Munificient? Standard heavies or something stronger to better match their damage level in older sources?

standard heavies

3 hours ago, AgniAvis72 said:

Ascension gun: shoot an anchor point within medium range with east ranged L or coordination check. once set user can ascend at one range band a round.

[...]

clone firing key - genetic lock for weapons (can be used for other genetics besides clones)

combat tested - add one boost to discipline checks

cortosis forging:weapon gains cortosis quality

[...]

no geonosian weapons

So basically the underbarrel grapnel launcher from Special Modifications
So basically GeneLock from Dangerous Covenants.
Discipline boost is interesting. What's the lore to that? In 40k it'd be some inscriptions of faith and purity seals, but it's odd for SW to feature such a boosting effect on something as banal as a blaster?
Applying Cortosis to a variety of weapons is real strong. Only melee or guns too? Hope that one is pricey.

Do we at least have some Geonosian adversaries that carry their unique weapons? I realize that doesn't give us price and rarity, but it'd be a start.

7 hours ago, RLogue177 said:

I'm guessing it's meant to be the "when your Not!Ahsoka leaves the Jedi" spec.

On 4/18/2019 at 3:37 PM, AgniAvis72 said:

Fighters and Shuttles:

C-9979 Landing Craft

Delta -7 Aethersprite-class interceptor

Droch-class boarding ship

Undicur-class jumpspeeder

ETA-class shuttle

Nu-class transport

Sheathipede-class shuttle

Vulture-class droid starfighter

Republic z-95 headhunter

Cruises and Transports:

Arquitens-class light cruiser

Consular-class Light cruiser

Munificient class Heavy Frigate

Battleships:

Lucrehulk-class battleship

Venator-class star destroyer

Is there any possible way to share the ship stats and also the stats from Ventress, Dooku and Padme with us?

Thank you and greetings from Germany :)

3 hours ago, Arbitrator said:

I'm guessing it's meant to be the "when your Not!Ahsoka leaves the Jedi" spec.

Or helping to fill out the backstory for your Not!Asajj Ventress giving Dooku the finger.

6 hours ago, AgniAvis72 said:

standard heavies

Disappointing. In the Saga stats the main guns were significantly more powerful then standard heavies. **** if memory serves, and I might be wrong, the description of the command and control variant from Lead by Example specifically says the heavies it uses as prow guns are weaker then the prow guns on standard Munificients. Plus I don't see why FFG is so opposed to using a Battleship grade turbolaser class.