Showcase: Nantex-class Starfighter

By Force Majeure, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

On 9/17/2019 at 8:51 PM, Kleeg005 said:

TxfKUoj.jpg

Yeah, silver lining? A lot more difficult than black lining. Looks okay on the table. But I'm not totally satisfied. Suggestions?

giphy.gif

Picked up a couple more. So.

DBwIXDJ.jpg

kUizeKC.jpg

acCe4IQ.jpg

w7sIFyL.jpg

6qVC7MF.jpg

It's far easier to paint the silver into the cracks first, and then paint the raised "panel" surfaces after, than to try to put the silver (or copper) in after painting the panels. Unlike the standard practice of blacklining.

On 9/10/2019 at 11:29 PM, Blail Blerg said:

Who's going to make this things ball turret rotate....?

That's what I want....

that's something I've wanted to try, but disassembling something for the first time is scary xD

might pry at it a little soon though...

Chertek, Grievous and Sun Fac

S5Eah1m.jpg

On 9/17/2019 at 5:51 PM, Kleeg005 said:

TxfKUoj.jpg

Yeah, silver lining? A lot more difficult than black lining. Looks okay on the table. But I'm not totally satisfied. Suggestions?

This may be a bit late, but have you tried putting a wash on the trim? some 1:1 dark and brown toner works wonders. Could test first, but that works wonders for makin metal look like metal instead of, well, shiny white or silver paint. But those dont look bad!

The Avengers are ready. Batrep here

QgtQwtz.jpg

Edited by Ryuneke

First time painting, really like the chameleon paints.

uc?id=11qhhkTX8xa-mj7mzsAJ7Q8DTbLpkFWT6

uc?id=11qgToToKn8IZS0KE_axaUt7yhx9tJmuM

uc?id=11_as2tOULixiG6r2L_V-iqbkTIljYIGD

Edited by S36637

uc?id=1DPFQf7ZHd34r7I5d2849wH9ODY3g5-TS

Edited by S36637
2 hours ago, Whalers on the moon said:

Here is this picture from @S36637 :

20191127_015553.jpg?width=813&height=610

Thanks! I finally got it to work through google... I was forgetting one step and it took me forever to figure it out 😃

Here are my repaints. These are my first ones! I am just starting the hobby. I wanted to go with separatist blue color scheme.

Hope the link works!

https://imgur.com/a/i175eJs

DqtTbXE.jpg

z48iS1N.jpg

26898.jpg?1518052652

Star Wars The Mandalorian GIF - StarWars TheMandalorian Stormtrooper -  Discover & Share GIFs

nantex_droid_starfighter_by_marcusstarki