Showcase: Nantex-class Starfighter

By Force Majeure, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

This is going to be one crazy ship to fly.

swz47_ship-art.png

For the life of my I can't think of any way to change this ships appearance

How about an MCU Black Panther look? This would look beast black, purple, and silver.

14 hours ago, BCvalor said:

How about an MCU Black Panther look? This would look beast black, purple, and silver.

Black body with silver lining the grooves would be sick.

It looks like a big ol' bird beak to me. paint it up orange with a red turret and you have a disembodied beak pecking at opponents!

But on a more serious note, just adding some kind of trim or highlight in a different color like red or yellow can be enough to give it a distinguished look. I'm considering a black and steel combination with a third color for some of the smaller details.

------------------

Funny. A couple of us are on the same wavelength.

Edited by Force Majeure
1 hour ago, Force Majeure said:

It looks like a big ol' bird beak to me. paint it up orange with a red turret and you have a disembodied beak pecking at opponents!

I have thought the same thing. If you were a race of giant bug people, what better way to terrify your enemies (assuming they have the same fears as you, because you have a bug brain and can't comprehend other beings thinking differently).

Annotation_2019-09-10_155102.png

18 hours ago, Sadmiral-lack-pa said:

For the life of my I can't think of any way to change this ships appearance

You started a hold my beer stampede. 🤣

Geonosians are not the most artistic culture we've seen. Neither adopted the CIS paints. I dunno how to repaint this thing canonically. Maybe little accents for aces.

Who's going to make this things ball turret rotate....?

That's what I want....

15 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

Who's going to make this things ball turret rotate....?

That's what I want....

I don't fly CIS, but at some point I will buy one of these just to mess with a rotating turret.

So where I live we have beautiful figeater beetles so for my nantex, I tried to copy that deep green iridescence. Any thoughts?

https://imgur.com/gallery/PgSiuPy

C12A4FF6-3B48-4E72-ABF1-B06BD6067FE1.jpeg

6C2E4FE9-C49C-4794-AFBB-2077848F853F.jpeg

Edited by urbanyeti

TxfKUoj.jpg

Yeah, silver lining? A lot more difficult than black lining. Looks okay on the table. But I'm not totally satisfied. Suggestions?

@Kleeg005 try waiting a week and looking at it again to see how you feel. I had this same reaction over a black ship with silver lining. Then I realized the picture on the computer is 3 times the size of the ship model and it looked much different on the table.

15 hours ago, Kleeg005 said:

TxfKUoj.jpg

Yeah, silver lining? A lot more difficult than black lining. Looks okay on the table. But I'm not totally satisfied. Suggestions?

A non-black cockpit.

"The bugs set a trap for us..."

71585211_2445468962403282_27761617451047

70443806_2445468969069948_33262256412919

so i decided keep it relatively simple, so i went with Sun Fac's official colours and make his own personal Nantex to match his outfit with the red, blue and gold trim

i hope you guys like it as much as i do

20190923_204626_HDR.jpg

click the picture to get the link. It should have the 4 different angles of the ship to get a good look at it

Edited by executor
21 minutes ago, executor said:

so i decided keep it relatively simple, so i went with Sun Fac's official colours and make his own personal Nantex to match his outfit with the red, blue and gold trim

i hope you guys like it as much as i do

20190923_204626_HDR.jpg

click the picture to get the link. It should have the 4 different angles of the ship to get a good look at it

That is REALLY clean.

7 minutes ago, dsul413 said:

That is REALLY clean.

Thanks man. Painting x wing miniatures is a breeze after painting imperial assault, legion and Infinity by corvus belli after all these years. This is my first attempt ever at an x wing model. I honestly can't wait to find other ships to start painting. As of right now i love the stock paint jobs on vultures and hyenas.. Maybe the infiltrator? Not sure what colour i wanna paint it though

4 hours ago, executor said:

Thanks man. Painting x wing miniatures is a breeze after painting imperial assault, legion and Infinity by corvus belli after all these years. This is my first attempt ever at an x wing model. I honestly can't wait to find other ships to start painting. As of right now i love the stock paint jobs on vultures and hyenas.. Maybe the infiltrator? Not sure what colour i wanna paint it though

The Infiltrator needs repaint. Do it, at any colour. It is suffering.

On 9/18/2019 at 2:51 AM, Kleeg005 said:

TxfKUoj.jpg

My suggestion: Never try white lining. Thought it was a good idea. Oh the horror....

On this picture, the silver looks like the ship had been used for a while. Maybe do some really light drybrush with silver in flight direction?

Edited by flooze
On 9/10/2019 at 1:25 PM, Minaith said:

You started a hold my beer stampede. 🤣

Geonosians are not the most artistic culture we've seen. Neither adopted the CIS paints. I dunno how to repaint this thing canonically. Maybe little accents for aces.

Cannonically, Geonosians have very poor eyesight so I doubt they take visual appearance into consideration much. I think the episode 2 incredible cross section said they actually fly these things using their sense of smell which is pretty incomprehensible to me as a method of effectively navigating a fast moving 3-D environment.

14 hours ago, nitrobenz said:

Cannonically, Geonosians have very poor eyesight so I doubt they take visual appearance into consideration much. I think the episode 2 incredible cross section said they actually fly these things using their sense of smell which is pretty incomprehensible to me as a method of effectively navigating a fast moving 3-D environment.

I believe they have a mask that transmits most of the visual data they would receive into smells, giving them the same data as other species but in a form the would be able to use. Since smell is so varied, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to have something like "enemy on port side, 2 klicks out" transmitted to a Genosian as a complex scent, not something that humans would react to but something that a trained Genosian pilot would instinctively understand. Still weird though.

14 hours ago, nitrobenz said:

9 minutes ago, Ikka said:

I believe they have a mask that transmits most of the visual data they would receive into smells, giving them the same data as other species but in a form the would be able to use. Since smell is so varied, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to have something like "enemy on port side, 2 klicks out" transmitted to a Genosian as a complex scent, not something that humans would react to but something that a trained Genosian pilot would instinctively understand. Still weird though.

That just makes Sun Fac all the more impressive.

Didn't Delta Squad kill Sun Fac? I know that's legends and all, but still... didn't they take out his Nantex using sniper rifles?

10 minutes ago, ArcticJedi said:

Didn't Delta Squad kill Sun Fac? I know that's legends and all, but still... didn't they take out his Nantex using sniper rifles?

Non canonically, yes.

I can't wait till they come out with Republic Commandos/Geonosions for legion... Than I can recreate the Assasination of Sun Fac... Once I get Legion that is.... and have enough money to buy the Nantex....