Conquerors of the Paellos Sector: IC [Players Only]

By The Jabbawookie, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

6 minutes ago, idjmv said:

Has the X-system had any claims made?

Forty claimed those planets on Turn 1.

18 minutes ago, idjmv said:

Has the X-system had any claims made?

Friend, it seems you might be hemmed in. Feel free to travel through out space en route to committing acts of Evil.

Speaking of which, shall we set our eyes ahead on further conquests?

I'd also be open to discussing planet swaps in future to improve your territorial holdings.

4 hours ago, BiggsIRL said:

@GhostofNobodyInParticular

CP9-J: We send our deepest apologies. I have found an older broadcast in our archives where you do lay claim to the G system, however we were not aware of anyone exploring in that direction. [Wookies growling in background] Yes, yes I know. [Wookies still growling in background].

Are those your forces already on the ground in G1? We would very much hate for something to happen to them by mistake, and as my associates tell me, running scans from space on the topography is Perfectly Legal

Perfectly legal only with the express permission of the owners, whose survey craft you destroyed.

As of yet they are not, but an expeditionary force has been dispatched to remedy that situation, and I don't want them passing through you by mistake.

On 4/13/2019 at 8:51 AM, Bertie Wooster said:

Gungans and Naboo (you can just call us "Gungans," or "GAN" if you like) are based in planets Tarkovsky, Tati and Toland and exploring planets W, U, and S.

Just a reminder of our claims.

We also have planet Renoir under our control.

1 hour ago, FortyInRed said:

Friend, it seems you might be hemmed in. Feel free to travel through out space en route to committing acts of Evil.

Speaking of which, shall we set our eyes ahead on further conquests?

I'd also be open to discussing planet swaps in future to improve your territorial holdings.

Understood. We will begin our expansion, without interfering with your planets. As for swaps, we will let you know.

Calculating MeatBag Efficiency

MeatBag Battalions sent into Battle: 14

MeatBag's Lost: 11 [Improvement]

MeatBag's Killed 4 Battalions [Very Effective!]

Battles won: 1 [Surprised]

"Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."
―HK-47

Edited by Matt3412

Proprietary Limited wish to remind our neighbours the Merry Crew that apostrophes are not necessary to pluralisation.

This unnecessary punctuation usage symbolises your inefficient use of limited resources.

Perhaps you would like to engage one of our analysts to optimise your operations? Our terms are very reasonable.

6 minutes ago, LTD said:

Proprietary Limited wish to remind our neighbours the Merry Crew that apostrophes are not necessary to pluralisation.

This unnecessary punctuation usage symbolises your inefficient use of limited resources.

Perhaps you would like to engage one of our analysts to optimise your operations? Our terms are very reasonable.

"Annoyed statement: **** it, Master, I am an assassination droid, not a dictionary!"
―HK-47

Edited by Matt3412
Wow that's not even a bad word lol
4 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Perfectly legal ...

...an expeditionary force has been dispatched...

Can the GNIPians really object to the scan of a planet they do not yet control?

Ownership is best demonstrated through the actual presence of ground forces.

Proprietary Limited is happy to mediate any conflict as an impartial arbiter. For a fee, of course.

6 hours ago, LTD said:

Can the GNIPians really object to the scan of a planet they do not yet control?

Ownership is best demonstrated through the actual presence of ground forces.

Proprietary Limited is happy to mediate any conflict as an impartial arbiter. For a fee, of course.

11 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Perfectly legal only with the express permission of the owners, whose survey craft you destroyed.

As of yet they are not, but an expeditionary force has been dispatched to remedy that situation, and I don't want them passing through you by mistake.

[Wookies excitedly yelling in background]

CP9-J: It seems that we best demonstrate ownership of the planet in question. The professor reports his up close look of the topography is " proving fascinating".

[Angry Wookie yipping]

CP9-J: That roughly translates as "The Elder would not give the tree you built a home in to another." I believe it translates better to basic as "possession is 9/10ths of the law".

[Bemused Growling]

CP9-J: No I will not tell them those exact words!

[Angrier Growling]

CP9-J: The professor states that the next time you lay claim to a world that you should show up earlier and with more forces, or you'll be... consuming his fecal matter once more.

[Questioning Growling]

CP9-J: Yes I think they will understand the direct translation perfectly well, but we are trying to be nice!

Turn 6 hyperpings at B1, B2, O, dsP, N2, W, dsC, X1, C1, D2, F1, F2 and G1.

A GNIPian fleet engages a Wookiee expeditionary force over G1. 226 pts GNIPian (A) vs 184 pts Wookiee (D) equals a 10% attacker's advantage, or -1.

A 5 is rolled and converted into a 4. Attacker takes 20% casualties, defender 50%.

A GNIPian Pelta C is scarred. The Wookiees lose a Pelta C, and another is scarred.

Although the Wookiees are obliged to retreat and G1 is under blockade, the battle itself will one day serve as inspiration for the holovid hit Raiders of the Lost Arq .

Turn 7 is now live; orders are due in 48 hours.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

Additionally: 2 missions will be available at a time. "Perfectly Legal" is still active.

It's Not a Trap:

Initiate 2 or more naval battles where you enjoy a 40% or greater advantage.

Dras: 1/2 battles

Edit: Destroying Malarian Brood forces does not count toward this objective.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

[UNINTELLIGIBLE WOOKIE GROWLING]

@Matt3412 Merry Crew -

The GNIPians have taken our suggestion and have arranged to blockade a Wookie World. Will you now consider a mutual blockade of L2 and L1 in order to further our mutual interests?

Be friends, you English fools, be friends: we have
French quarrels enow, if you could tell how to reckon.

Bates, Henry V, 4, 1.

A GNIPian bombardment reduces credit production on G1 by 1.

3 hours ago, BiggsIRL said:

[Wookies excitedly yelling in background]

CP9-J: It seems that we best demonstrate ownership of the planet in question. The professor reports his up close look of the topography is " proving fascinating".

[Angry Wookie yipping]

CP9-J: That roughly translates as "The Elder would not give the tree you built a home in to another." I believe it translates better to basic as "possession is 9/10ths of the law".

[Bemused Growling]

CP9-J: No I will not tell them those exact words!

[Angrier Growling]

CP9-J: The professor states that the next time you lay claim to a world that you should show up earlier and with more forces, or you'll be... consuming his fecal matter once more.

[Questioning Growling]

CP9-J: Yes I think they will understand the direct translation perfectly well, but we are trying to be nice!

Given that GNIPian blood was spilled on the planet's surface several turns ago, we feel we have claim enough to the planet.

Beside this, however, the last transmission of our doomed survey vessel confirmed reports of our deceased ground forces, and we have come to the conclusion that G1 is in fact our ancestral GNIPia, long though lost to the mists of time and space.

We apologize for the loss of you fleet - we did recommend you leave. We do not want a conflict with the wookies, we simply want what is ours. I imagine the GF currently on the ground are now yours? If you surrender them we will provide you with them and an extra one as compensation for your troubles.

Edited by GhostofNobodyInParticular
3 hours ago, LTD said:

@Matt3412 Merry Crew -

The GNIPians have taken our suggestion and have arranged to blockade a Wookie World. Will you now consider a mutual blockade of L2 and L1 in order to further our mutual interests?

Be friends, you English fools, be friends: we have
French quarrels enow, if you could tell how to reckon.

Bates, Henry V, 4, 1.

"Commentary: From the moment I picked up your book, until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it."
―HK-47

Whosa goes in dsP?

@FortyInRed

Which systems do you control, and which systems are you going for?

2 hours ago, idjmv said:

@FortyInRed

Which systems do you control, and which systems are you going for?

We have claimed X, C, Z and V

Edited by FortyInRed
1 hour ago, FortyInRed said:

We have claimed X, C, Z and V

Thank you. We wish to not cause any troubles due to miscommunication or lack of communication.

8 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Whosa goes in dsP?

Where is dsP? I don’t see it in my chart...

1 hour ago, LTD said:

Where is dsP? I don’t see it in my chart...

P is the system at the very bottom, without a visible planet. At least we cannot see the planet, but the system is there.

52 minutes ago, idjmv said:

P is the system at the very bottom, without a visible planet. At least we cannot see the planet, but the system is there.

Yeah that's my assumption too.

I don't mind if someone is traveling to Q, as long as they stay away from my systems.

Ah! That being the case, those are the exploratory forces of the Proprietary Limited, enroute to Q.

We will not enter R.

(We call P “THE UNNAMED REGION”)