CONGRATS to the 2019 IA World Champion Brett Kelly!!

By FrogTrigger, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

This deserves it's own thread for sure, congratulations to the 2019 world champion of Imperial Assault, @brettpkelly !!

Brett has always been a huge part of the IA community, including his youtube channel found here , and now has a very well deserved Rebels worlds win. Well done!

Edited by FrogTrigger

Thank you! This community is the best, was a great time with everyone this weekend!

The only thing better than this would be if Brett P Kelly had commented on his own final match on his Twitch channel! Thanks Brett for the hours you put into both sides of this wonderful game! Congrats!

11 minutes ago, Ajax Romano said:

The only thing better than this would be if Brett P Kelly had commented on his own final match on his Twitch channel! Thanks Brett for the hours you put into both sides of this wonderful game! Congrats!

I might be collaborating with @Tvboy to bring you guys some commentary on the finals!

The better played SC won the day, hurray...

Zz z z z zz zz....

13 minutes ago, Kalandros said:

The better played SC won the day, hurray...

Zz z z z zz zz....

While I agree the lists themselves were not exciting, at least the names atop playing them were the usual suspects of top players from previous Worlds showing that this is still largely a skill game. And I'm pretty sure DT and Brett tried many other lists to combat SC and were reluctant to play it till the last moment. But yeah, I get your sentiment. FFG cannot leave the meta in its current state. (Worse than Jumpmasters were for X-Wing 1.0)

44 minutes ago, Ajax Romano said:

While I agree the lists themselves were not exciting, at least the names atop playing them were the usual suspects of top players from previous Worlds showing that this is still largely a skill game. And I'm pretty sure DT and Brett tried many other lists to combat SC and were reluctant to play it till the last moment. But yeah, I get your sentiment. FFG cannot leave the meta in its current state. (Worse than Jumpmasters were for X-Wing 1.0)

Can confirm that most of the top players took the list basically out of necessity. All of us would rather have had a more diverse meta. In fact all of us have been emailing the devs and tweeting at ffgop to address the issue but no response.

Edited by brettpkelly
31 minutes ago, brettpkelly said:

Can confirm that most of the top players took the list basically out of necessity. All of us would rather have had a more diverse meta. In fact all of us have been emailing the devs and tweeting at ffgop to address the issue but no response.

You would think all the devs died in a freak lightsaber accident or something. Hmmm

Great job Brett! I've enjoyed your videos for a while. Glad you got to finally get the trophy!

Can you use your new World Champion Powers to a) nerf SC, b) design some cool fixes for older figs (esp Boba Fett and everything in the core set except Gideon and Jyn) and c) convince FFG to not give up on IA? That would be nice! Thanks.

But seriously, well done. Can't wait to see the video of the final match.

Can anyone share the top list?

Gratulation.

Very beautiful victories @brettpkelly

Congratulations!

Congratulation Brett!

Way to go, Brett!

And kudos too, to @DTDanix. On the rare occasion that he doesn't WIN Worlds, he still makes it all the way to the Final.

I would've loved to watch this match live, as apparently 40+ other players did.

11 hours ago, Trevize84 said:

Can anyone share the top list?

Spectre Cell w/ EA and Heroic Effort

CC's:

• (3) OtL
  • (2) heart of freedom
  • (2) Force Surge
  • (1) pummel
  • (1) pummel
  • (1) deathblow
  • (1) negation
  • (1) brace for impact
  • (1) stealth tactics
  • (1) strength in numbers
  • (1) force push
  • (0) brace yourself
  • (0) take init
  • (0) force rush
  • (0) urgency
14 hours ago, Mandelore of the Rings said:

Great job Brett! I've enjoyed your videos for a while. Glad you got to finally get the trophy!

Can you use your new World Champion Powers to a) nerf SC, b) design some cool fixes for older figs (esp Boba Fett and everything in the core set except Gideon and Jyn) and c) convince FFG to not give up on IA? That would be nice! Thanks.

But seriously, well done. Can't wait to see the video of the final match.

Thank you!

I'll do my best to wield the champion powers, but unfortunately looks like they cut the "help design a card for the game" from the prizes this year... Still, I'll send another strongly worded email to the devs about SC.

2 minutes ago, brettpkelly said:

Spectre Cell w/ EA and Heroic Effort

CC's:

• (3) OtL
  • (2) heart of freedom
  • (2) Force Surge
  • (1) pummel
  • (1) pummel
  • (1) deathblow
  • (1) negation
  • (1) brace for impact
  • (1) stealth tactics
  • (1) strength in numbers
  • (1) force push
  • (0) brace yourself
  • (0) take init
  • (0) force rush
  • (0) urgency

Sorry I didn't mean the list of the top player :D I meant the top players names

Edited by Trevize84

Congrats!

Good job Brett. A shame about the Spectre cell, but let's stay positive. We don't want the game to get discontinued.

Congrats Brett! SC definitely has a huge impact on the game but in my opinion it doesn't take anything away from your accomplishment. It was a pleasure playing you on day 1 and watching your last game in person was really exciting.

On 3/31/2019 at 9:53 PM, GuillotineTE said:

You would think all the devs died in a freak lightsaber accident or something. Hmmm

We have Devs?! Since when!?

On 3/31/2019 at 4:48 PM, FrogTrigger said:

This deserves it's own thread for sure, congratulations to the 2019 world champion of Imperial Assault, @brettpkelly !!

Brett has always been a huge part of the IA community, including his youtube channel found here , and now has a very well deserved Rebels worlds win. Well done!

I can tell im a fan. @brettpkelly you just gained a youtuber follower for your good taste in boardgames and especially that XCOM!

Related image

22 hours ago, brettpkelly said:

Thank you!

I'll do my best to wield the champion powers, but unfortunately looks like they cut the "help design a card for the game" from the prizes this year ... Still, I'll send another strongly worded email to the devs about SC.

This equally breaks my heart and makes me a little concerned...^

Daniel Taylor hasn't designed all of his cards yet, correct? But Brett will not get the opportunity to design a card?

So this somehow "confirms", that there is one wave to come, but not more?