Kingsport and punishing a success role...

By Innsmouth13, in Reference Materials

Is it just me or do some of the kingsport cards seem to punish a good role enfadado.gif . One of the other world cards reads:

The Underworld

Nuguth-Yug demands homage be paid to Noden, his lord. Discard any number of clue tokens, then roll that many dice. Your Sanity and Stamina are reduced to the number of successes you roll. If they are reduced to zero, or if you have no Clue tokens to discard, you are devoured .

I think there are other cards that screw investigators for successful roles but dont have time to hunt through the deck.

Innsmouth13 said:

Is it just me or do some of the kingsport cards seem to punish a good role enfadado.gif . One of the other world cards reads:

The Underworld

Nuguth-Yug demands homage be paid to Noden, his lord. Discard any number of clue tokens, then roll that many dice. Your Sanity and Stamina are reduced to the number of successes you roll. If they are reduced to zero, or if you have no Clue tokens to discard, you are devoured .

I think there are other cards that screw investigators for successful roles but dont have time to hunt through the deck.

Sanity and Stamina are set TO the number of successes, they are not decreased BY the number of successes.

Me and Cthulhu-damned typeos. Yeah I ment roll and now rereading that card for the 5th time I see what u mean.

Innsmouth13 said:

Me and Cthulhu-damned typeos. Yeah I ment roll and now rereading that card for the 5th time I see what u mean.

Yeah, great quote!!