New map announced.. Ewoks?!

By Brigadierblu, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

I don't understand why people think that just because the art isn't original that in anyway affects the possibility of physical content coming.

FFG has recycled art through out all of it's Star Wars properties. I feel like people just want to post the art for some sort of weird think that we care bragging rights?

BTW this map is Terro's map. FYI it's been released with Jabba's Realm waves. I don't see why all this hype just because of a picture that recalls the name of an old map.

Edited by Trevize84

Ewoks...I can dig it. Of course, they were planning on eating our favorite rebels before 3PO went berserk and scared them into next week so it's not like they " need " to be allied with the rebels.

I'm just thrilled for the chance at new content!

I have always wanted Scout Troopers and Speeder Bikes, and have accepted that whenever they come, Ewoks will probably join them. I am ready for this.

Love Ewoks. Always have. They represent the split that has always existed in Star Wars between technological might against the natural will of technologically disadvantaged species. (Luke shuts off his targeting computer, forgoing tech in favour of his natural instincts. Luke looks at his own mechanical hand in abject horror of portend in Return of the Jedi. The Ewoks are an extreme realization of this theme in Star Wars.)

Repent! Repent! The Endor is near!

They don't even have to release a new box, they could just release blister packs. Unit of 3 ewoks(silly creature cards) = large blister. Unit of 2 Bounty Hunters (4Lom/Zuckuss/Boba Fix) = medium blister, Evil Imperial Base commander with Trooper fix (make snowtroopers, stormtroopers, rebel troopers, etc viable again ala Spectre Cell upgrade if you take X number of 3 group troopers.

There's plenty of map tiles to create side missions from and we have tons of forest tiles already to make an Endor map..

then they can upgrade their App campaign and sell more of the same product that way and appease Campaigners and Skirmishers at the same time with minimal effort/expense.

Edited by buckero0
1 hour ago, buckero0 said:

They don't even have to release a new box, they could just release blister packs. Unit of 3 ewoks(silly creature cards) = large blister. Unit of 2 Bounty Hunters (4Lom/Zuckuss/Boba Fix) = medium blister, Evil Imperial Base commander with Trooper fix (make snowtroopers, stormtroopers, rebel troopers, etc viable again ala Spectre Cell upgrade if you take X number of 3 group troopers.

There's plenty of map tiles to create side missions from and we have tons of forest tiles already to make an Endor map..

then they can upgrade their App campaign and sell more of the same product that way and appease Campaigners and Skirmishers at the same time with minimal effort/expense.

This would be the awesomest.

19 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

I know Yoda is a popular pick, but from a campaign standpoint I just don't see it. I wouldn't mind Yoda in almost any other campaign, but the one that would presumably be after his death just seems poorly planned.

But they did it far worse with Obi Wan, who came out in 2016, two years after the game released and his character died before the first box scenarios happened.... so having a Dead character in the game is not an issue for them.

Ya as far as cannon goes, we moved past that years ago. They tried at the start to make it timeline accurate limiting characters in specific missions, but then realized we could have more content otherwise.

For the campaign narrative, couldn’t they have the mission or two with yoda take the form of a force ghost? In The Last Jedi he was plenty “active”, even in the force ghost form.

The game needs Yoda! (And a Boba fix) :)

2 hours ago, Genghis_Ska said:

But they did it far worse with Obi Wan, who came out in 2016, two years after the game released and his character died before the first box scenarios happened.... so having a Dead character in the game is not an issue for them.

2 hours ago, FrogTrigger said:

Ya as far as cannon goes, we moved past that years ago. They tried at the start to make it timeline accurate limiting characters in specific missions, but then realized we could have more content otherwise.

All true, but some of the more egregious stuff has been in blister pack waves. For sure, they're not very canon friendly.

But as a a figure released alongside a boxed expansion, they generally make a little more sense. I mean, Jedi Luke is kind of a questionable choice for Jabba's Realm, but otherwise the ally choices tend to work pretty well.

A big Endor box chock full of Ewoks would round out the imperial assault line perfectly!

On 3/19/2019 at 7:40 PM, subtrendy2 said:

All true, but some of the more egregious stuff has been in blister pack waves. For sure, they  're not very canon fr  iendly.

But as a a figure released alongside a boxed expansi  on, they generally make a little more se  nse. I mean, Jedi Luke is kind of a questionable choice for Jabba's Realm, but otherwise the ally choices tend to work pretty wel  l. 

All of the box waves have been followed by blister waves which, themically (if not canonically), fill out the figures. I think there's a better than even chance that an Endor box will also be followed by another set of blisters even if its just a couple.

Plus a campaign set fairly shortly before RotJ could legitimately include Ewoks (collecting intel on DS2/Endor defenses) and a guest appearance by Yoda somewhere between Luke's departure from Degobah in ESB and revisit in RotJ.

... or we may just get Caravan of Courage 😃

5 hours ago, Zerker said:

... or we may just get Caravan of Courage 😃

Anything but Caravan of Courage. Please!

I want a Gorax so much.

14 hours ago, Zerker said:

All of the box waves have been followed by blister waves which, themically (if not canonically), fill out the figures.

Hmm, I've always thought of the waves as independent of each other, but that's an interesting thought.

So, if that was the case, looking at the boxed waves we'd have:

Wave 3

Wookiee Warriors, Hired Guns, Stormtroopers

Feels more like a follow up to the core set than TS, really, but I still think your theory applies.

Wave 4

Alliance Smuggler, Bantha Rider

Technically came out after Hoth, but is definitely an expansion to Twin Shadows

Wave 7

Obi Wan, Greedo, The GI

Do you make a thematic connection here to Hoth or Bespin? I'm curious, because I'm drawing blanks.

Wave 9

Hera/Chop, BT/000, Jawa

Hmm... I guess the droids theme sort of works for Jabba's Palace, especially with the Jawa.

Maybe there's something to your theory. So, maybe you're thinking something like an Endor campaign that brings in Ewoks, then a blister wave after it that brings in Yoda? That seems plausible.

Obviously several waves were for previous Box expansions or creating from current SW media, tv and comics, (Obi-Wan, GI, Hera, BT) some which may have been planned for future expansion (Lothal) and the one that stands out as truly out of place is Agent Blaise and Alliance Rangers, which I always thought was an indicator that Endor was in the pipeline, but that yet to materialize - I have hope!

12 hours ago, GuillotineTE said:

Anything but Caravan of Courage. Please!

NP. The Battle For Endor is much better anyway. Noa, Teek, Terak & the Mauraders, Charal.

12 hours ago, TylerTT said:

I want a Gorax so much.

Oh yeah. I guess we DO need stuff from CoC. :D

On 3/18/2019 at 1:14 PM, miguelj said:

Not to burst any bubbles, but this skirmish map is from the Captain Terro expansion. The ewok art is rather curious, but I wouldn't read it as a sign that a new box is coming.

http://boardwars.eu/ia-maps/

You may be right, but this also who we were introduced to CT-1701, and it wasn't long after that the Lothar expansion was announced. Am I wrong about that?

On 3/19/2019 at 3:35 AM, Ajax Romano said:

Love Ewoks. Always have. They represent the split that has always existed in Star Wars between technological might against the natural will of technologically disadvantaged species. (Luke shuts off his targeting computer, forgoing tech in favour of his natural instincts. Luke looks at his own mechanical hand in abject horror of portend in Return of the Jedi. The Ewoks are an extreme realization of this theme in Star Wars.)

I'm a fan of the technologically inferior underdog, but Ewoks take it to far. Even as a teenager, it was too much to suspend disbelief, to see stone-aged teddy bears taking on space aged shock troops. They win only though the power of plot armor, and because seeing the cute, toy sale magnets, being wiped out faster than plains bison, would be terrifying to the kiddies.

Pretty safe to assume the Ewoks had run ins with the Empire prior to Leia and Co. showing up on Endor. It is possible they had learned to adapt their battle tactics and this was the springboard they needed to cause havoc. The initial attack of stone arrows was just to get the ST attention and lure them out, then all of the traps were sprung.

Not all of it was effective, we see them failing as well, but a lot of it was. I think people do almost get to distracted by the cuteness of the Ewoks, they are viscous. If given the chance Ewoks would eat you and everyone you love.

Ewok_866992_619725.jpg

I know the concept of Timelines is thrown out, but I feel that Imperial Assault fits somewhere between Rogue One (Ep3.75) to just after Hoth incident (Ep5.2), and each of the box sets and campaign missions fit in here.

I would like to see that continued, and stay away from anything post Asteroid scene from Ep 5. Is that too specific? As to Rogue One people, a small box campaign taking place a little bit before, or during the timeline would be cool.

The simple fact is that some of the Imperial Assault campaigns are fairly set in stone when it comes to timelines.

Core is directly after ANH

Hoth is set immediately during and after ESB

Bespin is set between ESB and RotJ

Jabba's Realm is pretty much an alternate opening to RotJ

Tyrants of Lothal is set during the second to last season of Rebels. (more or less right?)

Twin Shadows is set sometime around ANH. possibly just prior to or even slightly after.

Heart of the Empire is set sometime during Rebels.

Do I miss the Timelines restrictions. Not really. They were a nice touch, but complicated things too much and are best left alone (or only added as an optional rule)

Edited by Majushi

It’s a shame the timelines were thrown out, they really did a lot to thematically add to the game. I never really used them when they were a thing, but I probably should have.

I think an Endor box set before the Death Star II briefing in RotJ and leading up to the Battle of Endor would work nicely. We could have rebel troops searching for info and eventually finding the base on Endor.