Phoenix/Crane Dueling Deck a viable strategy?

By Citadel97501, in L5R LCG: Deck Building

Hello all,
I was just wondering how you all feel about a Phoenix with Crane Splash for a dueling deck? I personally have been focusing on using the following cards, although I think there does seem to be a few gaps in the deck design.
I am also concerned that I can't quite decide what to run as a restricted card, I could push even more duels in with Policy Debate but Tadaka is another beast to hurt people. I also don't have an anti-attachment game except for Maya Mystics. I do understand that the Duel mechanic is likely even better in Dragon or Crane but I am a Shugenja at heart.

-Proving Ground (This + Forgotten Library gives us a **** solid card draw to put honor pressure...)
-Sincere Challenger
-Aspiring Challenger: Beat stick
-Death Before Dishonor (neutral counterspell :) )
-Duelist Training (Bowing on duel is great, and gives me a more reliable Proving Ground.)
-Game of Sadane: Extra honor & dishonor...
-Ujina: I love this little ray gun...especially with Kaede.
-Kaede: Extra void triggers to give you more targets for Ujina.
-Tadaka: As usual?
-Karmic Twist: I can see this being handy, but I question its effectiveness due to Unique Voltron's in the Meta (Voltron: That annoying thing with like 4 attachments you just can't kill...)

Pro's: Solid cheap line up due to the majority of my dynasty running 1 & 2, 9 repeatable duels, & surprisingly powerful characters in the Aspiring Challenger, as he can hit 5/5 or even 7/7 quick with our glory stronghold.
Con's: A lot of Assassination bait, high glory leads to dishonors really hurting, lack of attachment hate.

If you're splashing Crane, you should probably reserve some of your influence for Soul Beyond Reproach. Decks like this tend to go downhill if your opponent can get ahead of you and start dishonoring your guys, so having a tool that completely reverses it is worth the cost. If you're running Isawa Mori Seido, which it sounds like you intend to (probably best for bully dueling), you'd probably also be interested in playing Taryu-Jiai. On-demand ring effects are pretty useful in covering up your weak spots, and can help make Ujina work more smoothly. You usually have to spend a couple honor on it, though.

I wouldn't run Karmic Twist in most cases. I consider it (usually as a 1-of) when I'm running Kyuden Isawa and Embrace the Void, but it's so rare for the card to do anything worth the slot it clogs up in your hand.

Other than that, looks fun. I don't think I'd run Aspiring Challenger, myself, since he's so conditional to make useful. Remember that your opponent can always choose to turn off composure at the next bid, so if you do get him honored, they'll probably just bid 1 next turn.