j3pk7vtjxq041.png

Darkness Rises ...

ca6amsc4tq041.jpg

and Light to Meet It.

Is that Lin Manuel Miranda?

3 hours ago, Ken on Cape said:

Is that Lin Manuel Miranda?

Quite so !

Glad to see the FO is going backward in tech. No need for speeder bikes that can hover over any terrain. Lets use a freaking snowmobile type transportation.

The first spoken word in TRoS is β€œAt”. I hope no ones worldview is crushed by this πŸ™„

Minor bladder alert.

TROS run time will be 141 minutes.

In other news, exclusive Chewbacca Black Series Adult Diapers are on sale at Target now.

22 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

Glad to see the FO is going backward in tech. No need for speeder bikes that can hover over any terrain. Lets use a freaking snowmobile type transportation.

You're right... stupid empire having walkers.. going back in tech. Lets use something like a freaking chicken that can trip on logs, rather than something that can hover over any terrain. πŸ™„

2 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

You're right... stupid empire having walkers.. going back in tech. Lets use something like a freaking chicken that can trip on logs, rather than something that can hover over any terrain. πŸ™„

Maybe there is just a weight limit that you can reliably hover something with repulsor lifts? If anything an armored tracked vehicle makes more sense and has more advantages than one on legs. The only advantages a legged armored vehicle has an advantage over a tracked one, is that it's weapon systems sit higher off the ground giving it a better range and it can scale vertical obstacles that a tracked vehicle cannot. Also, you can throw in the intimidation factor in if you want. Which is my head-canon reason why the Empire went with walkers instead of wheeled or tracked vehicles, which they were using early on. Create something big, tall, and scary to keep local populace in-line even if they may be inferior to other types of military vehicles. They were relatively un-opposed by larger military forces so why not?

36 minutes ago, Jo Jo said:

Maybe there is just a weight limit that you can reliably hover something with repulsor lifts? If anything an armored tracked vehicle makes more sense and has more advantages than one on legs. The only advantages a legged armored vehicle has an advantage over a tracked one, is that it's weapon systems sit higher off the ground giving it a better range and it can scale vertical obstacles that a tracked vehicle cannot. Also, you can throw in the intimidation factor in if you want. Which is my head-canon reason why the Empire went with walkers instead of wheeled or tracked vehicles, which they were using early on. Create something big, tall, and scary to keep local populace in-line even if they may be inferior to other types of military vehicles. They were relatively un-opposed by larger military forces so why not?

Walkers can do better on uneven terrain than tracked vehicles can, because one leg could be higher than the other. Tracked vehicles are forced to be at the incline of the terrain they are on at all times, where walkers can work around that issue at least some of the time. The AT-TE from The Clone Wars seems to be the clearest example of where the walker has solid advantages, IMO.

But I also agree on the Empire's use of walkers. This is Tarkin Doctrine through and through. If you're intimidating enough, you control the narrative.

Edited by CaptainJaguarShark

Really y'all? You can't just say, "Oh, wow! Cool treadbike!!!"? Be kids again for a minute. Here, let me join you.

Yeah I think it's dumb! Why WOULD they use treads when they could use repulsorlifts? Why the **** does the back spring up for the jet troopers? I mean obviously to give them extra kinetic energy so they're already on a forward trajectory, so that they waste less fuel when accelerating. It's kinda' stupid, altogether!

But you know what else it is?

TOTALLY STUPIDLY COOL!

17 minutes ago, KCDodger said:

Really y'all? You can't just say, "Oh, wow! Cool treadbike!!!"? Be kids again for a minute. Here, let me join you.

Yeah I think it's dumb! Why WOULD they use treads when they could use repulsorlifts? Why the **** does the back spring up for the jet troopers? I mean obviously to give them extra kinetic energy so they're already on a forward trajectory, so that they waste less fuel when accelerating. It's kinda' stupid, altogether!

TOTALLY STUPIDLY COOL!

That is pretty much my point.. there is a LOT of stupid stuff in Star Wars, but it is fun.

I guess tr3adbikes or whatever they are called should be the least of our worries. I mean, we will have a calvary charge on the surface of a Star Destroyer.

12 hours ago, KCDodger said:

TOTALLY STUPIDLY COOL!

Same. I think they look kinda cool too. The catapult launch feature is absurd but its also very fitting for Star Wars.

10 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

I guess tr3adbikes or whatever they are called should be the least of our worries. I mean, we will have a calvary charge on the surface of a Star Destroyer.

Why are you still here? There are a million other things you can do on the internet to try and find some joy in the world. Why spend time on something that you very clearly dislike? Life is too short to be pissed off all the time.

fqkzz3mrk9141.jpg

130xjjie4c141.jpg

On 11/27/2019 at 8:41 AM, Whalers on the moon said:

Why are you still here? There are a million other things you can do on the internet to try and find some joy in the world. Why spend time on something that you very clearly dislike? Life is too short to be pissed off all the time.

emperor-palpatine-1555323736.jpg?crop=0.

t6hxf2ohng141.png