The Circuit (OOC)

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , unfortunately Zara is unable to strip the parts out (though she may be able to come back for it if she so chooses).

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

Maybe we leave that to the mechanic.

On 9/20/2019 at 7:23 PM, Rabobankrider said:

@Jonas Shaaf and @Edgehawk , the speeder is pretty distinctive so it's only an average perception, but in the dark and with the maze of this place it does have 2 setback to the check.

Swoop Hunt : 1eP+2eA+2eD+2eS 1 failure, 2 advantage
p-a.png a-s-s.png a-a.png d-f.png d-f-f.png s--.png s--.png

@Jonas Shaaf @Edgehawk do those comms work like radios? Cause you might want to let Krydil in on the plan if not.

6 hours ago, Shlambate said:

@Jonas Shaaf @Edgehawk do those comms work like radios? Cause you might want to let Krydil in on the plan if not.

I think it is reasonable to assume we are all on the same channel, frequency, whatever.

I usually work on the assumption that any party member using a com can hear the others.

So I am going to need a set of check from you guys to see if you can get out before Corsec:

@Jonas Shaaf I will need an average piloting (planetary) check with two setback (the terrain of the scrapyard is very narrow and twisting) to head for the exit of the yard. A pass means you beat Corsec to it.

@Edgehawk , I will need a hard athletics to try and outrun them to the bike when Cormil arrives (Corsec is fairly close to the exit). Alternatively if you want to rush for the hole in the fence and run for the van it will be an average athletics with a setback.

Hard Athletics : 2eA+3eD 1 failure, 1 threat
a-a.png a-a.png d-th-th.png d--.png d-f-th.png

@Rabobankrider Can I sabotage a cop car with mechanics while Zara is a bit busy with the Cops. Looks like we are on Plan B on how we are getting out of here.

@Shlambate , absolutely (good thinking). Due to time constraints I'm going to add a setback dice, but there is also a boost for tools, and if @btmaja wants to help he can provide an assist. To slow the vehicle, it will be an average mechanics check, to stop it entirely, it will be a hard check.

@Edgehawk , I'm going to need a hard deception with a setback (added from the previous threat for looking 'shady') to see if you can throw off the officers.

Deception : 3eA+3eD+1eS 2 successes, 3 threat
a--.png a-s.png a-s.png d-th.png d-th.png d-th.png s--.png

@Shlambate , you are able to disable the engine, but the threat for this will make it easier for them to repair when it comes to it (though it will still be harder to fix due to the check). Feel free to sort the ic when ready.

@Edgehawk , you do convince the corsec officers, but with the threat, only one of them is going after @Jonas Shaaf .

@Jonas Shaaf , if you want to put of the post for Cormil making a run to the exit on the bike, I'll put up the officers post after to keep things in order.

@Jonas Shaaf , @btmaja , I could do with hearing from you two soon for this to proceed.

On 9/26/2019 at 3:26 PM, Rabobankrider said:

@Jonas Shaaf I will need an average piloting (planetary) check with two setback (the terrain of the scrapyard is very narrow and twisting) to head for the exit of the yard. A pass means you beat Corsec to it.

Piloting (Planetary) : 2eP+1eA+2eB+2eD+2eS 0 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png p-s-s.png a-a.png b-a.png b-s.png d-f.png d-f-th.png s-f.png s-f.png

Well, I don't beat Corsec to it, but it would be Triumph-ant if they had a little accident...

Edited by Jonas Shaaf

Sorry for the delay all, I've been pretty busy with work. I'm going to try and sort my post tomorrow.

Unfortunately it seems that @btmaja has gone inactive. This does mean that ic you will need to look for new funding for the team. @Edgehawk , @Jonas Shaaf and @Shlambate , do you three want to continue with these numbers currently?

50 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

do you three want to continue with these numbers currently?

I’m happy to continue, but man... this particular forum seems to be bad luck.

Yes I want to continue, and yeah this forum is like pbp poison.

It does seem that way. We'll keep the game going for now, and see how we feel. I'll probably try another recruitment push later, but I think we can make this work.

3 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

It does seem that way. We'll keep the game going for now, and see how we feel. I'll probably try another recruitment push later, but I think we can make this work.

Concur.

Ok, when you guys are ready, what's your next move? @Jonas Shaaf has a clear(ish) run at the gate, @Edgehawk has a distracted officer in front of them, and @Shlambate has a disabled police vehicle.

Well Zara is still stuck at the moment right?

25 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Well Zara is still stuck at the moment right?

@Rabobankrider I’m thinking any further distraction would cost a valuable maneuver... and don’t really want to assault the cop at this point... What check to just make a run for it, hope he doesn’t shoot her in the back in the dark while she’s getting away?

@Edgehawk , sure thing, an average athletics with a boost will do the trick.

Is there a chance that Krydil can give Zara a boost Die?

@Shlambate , unfortunately not at this range, however if Krydil is getting worried about how long the others are taking, they could go to help. @Jonas Shaaf may also be able to help get Zara out of there, as they do have the speeder.