Looks promising!

By The Cocky Rooster, in Legends of the Alliance

It would be nice to see a longer campaign.. I understand with the pick one card structure 5 is perfect, but I find these can just be plowed through so quickly.

I think 7-8 is ideal, Lothal and HoTE have seemed to be about perfect length for keeping the story interesting, but not dragging things out.

I just finished it. It was 5 missions long, as previously mentioned.

I enjoyed it, but I only won a single mission. I ran Shyla, Loku, Saska, and Davith. I had a feeling I would have a difficult time as I had 3 characters who were rolling a white die, but I didn’t expect it to be a landslide loss for me lol.

I want to paint up some more of my Hoth figures and try it again in a few weeks. I honestly might try it on regular mode rather than hard the next go around.

1 hour ago, FrogTrigger said:

It would be nice to see a longer campaign.. I understand with the pick one card structure 5 is perfect, but I find these can just be plowed through so quickly.

I think 7-8 is ideal, Lothal and HoTE have seemed to be about perfect length for keeping the story interesting, but not dragging things out.

I agree with this. It would be cool if there was a 5 Mission or 8 mission option for the app. I am not too sure how they would handle the XP cards in an 8 mission situation, though.

18 minutes ago, Funky_4LOM said:

I enjoyed it, but I only won a single mission. I ran Shyla, Loku, Saska, and Davith.

What was your end Fame? It would be interesting to know.

1 hour ago, a1bert said:

What was your end Fame? It would be interesting to know.

My end fame was 268. I think about a third of that was from the final mission.

My other campaign listed in “Hall of Legends” had a fame of 418. I think that team was more well-rounded than my Hoth team.

Loku was my all-star by far, with Shyla as runner up. I have used Davith before to good effect, but he really underperformed for me this campaign. I can also never decide if I should pick Embody the Force or Fell Swoop for his 4xp card.

Edited by Funky_4LOM
10 minutes ago, Funky_4LOM said:

My end fame was 268. I think about a third of that was from the final mission.

My other campaign listed in “Hall of Legends” had a fame of 418. I think that team was more well-rounded than my Hoth team.

Loku was my all-star by far, with Shyla as runner up. I have used Davith before to good effect, but he really underperformed for me this campaign. I can also never decide if I should pick Embody the Force or Fell Swoop for his 4xp card.

Room for improvement then... Losing missions early does have a big impact on fame. (In Jabba's Realm some of the missions have less fighting, so produce less fame as a result.)

My most recent RtH play (Hard) with Biv, Davith, Diala, Drokkatta (semi-randomly selected) - Won: 4, Lost: 1 (lost the intro), Fame: 474.

I think Davith did as expected - he's fragile, but could pull good combos in the finale with Cleave 2 from Electrostaff, combined with Falling Leaf and Fell Swoop, and have Blindside as backup. He needed to start with hidden though to be most effective.

I skipped some of the 4XP skills and got a second 3XP instead. Had a bit of cash left over.

Biv : Health 17, Repeating Blaster + Vibrobayonet (3XP), Survival Gear, Shake It Off (1XP), Disruptor Pistol + Plasma Cell, Supply Pack, Crushing Blow (2XP), Trophy Armor (3XP)
Davith : Health 14, Heirloom Dagger, Covert Operative (1XP), Electrostaff + High-Impact Guard, Falling Leaf (2XP), Combat Coat, Blindside (2XP), Fell Swoop (4XP), Combat Vambrace
Diala : Health 12, Plasteel Staff, Force Adept (1XP), Battle Meditation (2XP), Environment Hazard Suit, Bo-rifle + Focusing Beam, Snap Kick (3XP), Bacta Pump, Dancing Weapon (4XP)
Drokkatta : Health 15, MGL-9 "Boomer", Charging Up (1XP), Repeater Cannon (3XP) + Shrapnel Rounds (2XP), Structural Exploitation (3XP)
150cr in the bank

Has anyone noticed if the issue with odd adversaries (like the Wampas in the desert) has been addressed?

9 hours ago, tafattel said:

Has anyone noticed if the issue with odd adversaries (like the Wampas in the desert) has been addressed?

That isn’t an issue, it’s working as designed. A change for this would be considered an enhancement which typically figure fairly prominently in the release notes, especially given how frequently requested this enhancement is. So, no.

I don’t expect they will ever make this enhancement, but I hope they do for the sake of the people that want it. I think I’d prefer to keep it as is, so I’d rather see it as a setting as opposed to a sweeping change.

5 hours ago, Uninvited Guest said:

That isn’t an issue, it’s working as designed. A change for this would be considered an enhancement which typically figure fairly prominently in the release notes, especially given how frequently requested this enhancement is. So, no.

I don’t expect they will ever make this enhancement, but I hope they do for the sake of the people that want it. I think I’d prefer to keep it as is, so I’d rather see it as a setting as opposed to a sweeping change.

Well, the Habitat tag is included on the deployment cards of some figures. It would be nice if they incorporated that feature into the app version of the game.

Yup, would be great to see that CHANGE implemented. Nothing wrong with that, I can't imagine it's that hard to code in.

I did not realize you could even pick multiple xp skills from each tier lol, I always just thought it was 1 of 2 for each tier. That could be a game change for builds.

my group is going to crack it open this weekend, trying to figure out which party to use. I want to use my freshly painted heroes, I've only done the core for heroes and that team would be easy mode.

I don't think FFG wants to go back to tinker with the existing campaigns if not absolutely necessary. That is not to say new campaigns could not have slightly better exclusion rules.

(Edit: In both meanings of "could" - they might already have, and there should be continual improvement.)

Edited by a1bert

Will they ever dare to create a campaign that needs multiple expansions? Bespin and Hoth? Twin Shadows and Jabba's Palace? Gonna try Hoth very soon. Been waiting for them to do one for the App.

The barrier to entry for any multi-expansion campaign may be too high for their liking,

it doesn’t affect those of us who already have everything, but many people have been saying how they didn’t plan on getting Jabbas realm until the app announcement.

if they combined say... twin shadow and Bespin into a new campaign it might be viable...

that said, all that really does is combine tiles that have never hit the table together before. Hardly a big deal when everything else I the boxes is already usable all the time...

5 minutes ago, Majushi said:

The barrier to entry for any multi-expansion campaign may be too high for their liking,

it doesn’t affect those of us who already have everything, but many people have been saying how they didn’t plan on getting Jabbas realm until the app announcement.

if they combined say... twin shadow and Bespin into a new campaign it might be viable...

that said, all that really does is combine tiles that have never hit the table together before. Hardly a big deal when everything else I the boxes is already usable all the time...

I think that there is the key. The app already uses units from every box you own, so really a campaign that spans two expansions would really just be the tiles and maybe a couple of scripted unit/villain appearances. Probably not worth alienating the section of their fanbase that would (somewhat reasonably) ask why FFG was making them buy two expansions at a time just to play the new app campaign.

18 hours ago, Gallanteer said:

Will they ever dare to create a campaign that needs multiple expansions? Bespin and Hoth? Twin Shadows and Jabba  's Palace? Gonna try Hoth very soon. Been w  aiting for them to do one for the App.

It would be nice. I think the Descent App did this by providing optional side missions to a unique campaign that would appear if you registered the expansion as well as default core-only options.

That wouldn't see too difficult to do but at the moment I feel the App team is more interested in digitising the main expansion campaigns.

FFG will obviously focus on adding app content that help sell the physical expansions already released. The app is free and their main motivation for putting work into this is to have the app help sell physical stuff. I don't expect there to ever be multiple- or non-expansion box app releases until they've done at least one app version of each physical box.

3 hours ago, angelman2 said:

FFG will obviously focus on adding app content that help sell the physical expansions already released. The app is free and their main motivation for putting work into this is to have the app help sell physical stuff. I don't expect there to ever be multiple- or non-expansion box app releases until they've done at least one app version of each physical box.

Given that they started with 2 large box expansions it would be a safe bet Heart of the Empire is next.

10 hours ago, Zerker said:

It would be nice. I think the Descent App did this by providing optional side missions to a unique campaign that would appear if you registered the expansion as well as default core-only options.

That wouldn't see too difficult to do but at the moment I feel the App team is more interested in digitising the main expansion campaigns.

Descent did just do this with their last campaign, it uses components from the Core, a big box expansion and a small box expansion. I have no doubt that will happen eventually for IA. I am actually a little surprised they didn't do it for Jabba's Realm/Twin Shadows since they both take place on the same planet.

I think the Descent campaigns are a bit longer though?

On 1/25/2019 at 6:02 PM, FrogTrigger said:

Descent did just do this with their last campaign, it uses components from the Core, a big box expansion and a small box expansion. I have no doubt that will happen eventually for IA. I am actually a little surprised they didn't do it for Jabba's Realm/Twin Shadows since they both take place on the same planet.

I think the Descent campaigns are a bit longer though?

The Descent campaigns are longer, and they're also different in that they add in side missions from the various packs/expansions that you own. It's a little harder to make this work in IA as they've currently got it, since the way they've done the XP skill selection pretty much locks them into a five-mission long campaign. I don't really see them deviating from that.