Looks promising!

By The Cocky Rooster, in Legends of the Alliance

I am assuming his research would indicate this is what happened when Jabba's Realm dropped? It wasn't just an update to existing content?

How long ago did Jabba's Realm drop?

Just now, FrogTrigger said:

I am assuming his research would indicate this is what happened when Jabba's Realm dropped? It wasn't just an update to existing content?

How long ago did Jabba's Realm drop?

From Steam: 8/7/2018

1.3.0 - Released

7 AUGUST, 2018 - FANTASY FLIGHT GAMES
• New campaign added: Jabba's Realm!
• New Hall of Legends tracks your most famous squads.
• Armory now provides a better range of options.
• Repriced some weapons and mods.
• Added in-app replacement skills for:
• Smuggler's Luck - Jyn Odan
• Company of Heroes - Murne Rin
• Added mission-appropriate background audio.
• Removed 'Professional' ability from regular Riot Troopers.
• Updated product URLs in the Collection Manager.
• Various bugs fixed.

10 days later:

1.4.0 - Released

17 AUGUST, 2018 - FANTASY FLIGHT GAMES
• Tyrants of Lothal and associated figure packs can now be enabled in the Collection Manager.
• Heroes, allies, enemies, villains and items from these products can now be used in any campaign.
• New enemy sounds added.
• Prevent screen sleep option added.
• Various bugs fixed.

Neat. So our sample size is pretty small, however we only have evidence that it WILL happen, thus until we see evidence that it won't we have to assume that it will.

With 5% standard error obviously.

But it has already been 8 days as well..

K wait I am confused, the campaign dropped first, THEN there was an update.. so the order would be reversed this time?

Edited by FrogTrigger

It could just be an update, right? I know there were a couple of bugs that many people were complaining about or maybe a conversion for other languages.

Fingers crossed for a new campaign, though!

Wooot! It's Hoth!

Edited by Eddie

JxfFOwa.png

No way!!! I’m so stoked!!!

Hoth app campaign is now live on android.

Edited by Isnigu

I wonder why FFG hasn't announced this?

9 minutes ago, jconway2002 said:

I believe they posted something on their twitter feed. Maybe a full write up on their site will come out tomorrow?

5 minutes ago, totalnoob said:

I believe they posted something on their twitter feed. Maybe a full write up on their site will come out tomorrow?

Also on Facebook.

But they've done that with many of the recent previews and releases. The last wave was almost entirely spoiled via Facebook and Twitter rather than getting articles.

I would really like to see an article for this, as I said in the other thread the app is a big draw for new players.

They just increased their app content by 50%, id say that warrants a news article.

2 hours ago, FrogTrigger said:

I would really like to see an article for this, as I said in the other thread the app is a big draw for new players.

They just increased their app content by 50%, id say that warrants a news article.

I agree with you, but there’s certainly something exciting about going into a new app campaign totally blind.

Great, I look forward to playing it.

16 hours ago, jconway2002 said:

Because they have the worst marketing team evar :)

I binge played three missions yesterday on Hard mode. The Hard difficulty did not seem THAT much harder than the regular mode in past App campaigns, but the Hard mode in Hoth has been REALLY tough so far.

Given this, I haven’t won all of my missions so far. It could be because out of my 4 heroes, 3 are rolling white dies for defense, but I think they increased the difficulty a bit. I am happy to have a challenge and I like the campaign so far!

40 minutes ago, Funky_4LOM said:

I binge played three missions yesterday

Thanks for the update, @Funky_4LOM :) Could you speak a little bit (no spoilers) on what the campaign is about? Is it a redux of the original story, like with Jabba's Realm, or something brand new? (I assume it is another redux, and I'm fine with that :D ).

Edited by angelman2
1 hour ago, angelman2 said:

Thanks for the update, @Funky_4LOM :) Could you speak a little bit (no spoilers) on what the campaign is about? Is it a redux of the original story, like with Jabba's Realm, or something brand new? (I assume it is another redux, and I'm fine with that :D ).

It is awfully similar to the original Hoth campaign, but there are some differences. The app campaign is very, very objective heavy. More than usual, I mean. There are some changes to the story, which I like. It keeps things interesting.

It seems like there should be a decent amount of replayability because there are some decisions that you have to make in the missions and when choosing missions. I liked that a lot about the Jabba’s Realm app campaign.

Edited by Funky_4LOM

I'm still on the 3rd mission as well. Anyone just do a speed run to see how long this thing is? It appears to be the same as JR.

The class card system should tell you app campaigns are 5 missions. (In the RtH app campaign you play 5 of the available 6 missions.)