Imperial Advisor

By Bazleebub, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

download.jpg.eafe651f48d0fe4ce8f065a6e3758493.jpg

Imperial Advisor has been producing content about the LCG since FFG gave us the first few details in May 2017. Since then we've reviewed cards , covered events , interviewed developers and writers , wrote about strategy , and generally had fun talking about the game.

Our articles appear on the Imperial Advisor website , our videos appear on YouTube , and you can find our podcast on SoundCloud or iTunes . We record every second Thursday on Twitch TV at 19:00 GMT or 14:00 EST where you can ask us questions live.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for regular updates.

New preview revealed.

We also have a ton of the London Legion online events. These events are the best place to see how the current meta is developing in this difficult times.

Baz

Edited by Bazleebub
Updated 230620

New year, new thread. Seems appropriate. Keep up the great work gentlemen.

Really enjoy the pack reviews, I hope you get around to doingUnderhand of the Emperor. Even if it's after Children, it would still have value since all cards are valued vs the meta.

Keep up the good work and thank you for the content :)

Keep up the good work gents. Shame you guys didn't get a spoiler for the new set :(

I have plenty of podcasts I enjoy but your is my hands down favourite that I even listened to in my 4 month sabbatical from the new game...

New episode up!

Edited by Bazleebub

We've had a busy week at Imperial Advisor.

First up we had coverage of the Cork and Phoenix Kotei. We keep adding to these with more decklists and updates, so don't be surprised if you come back in a week and more has been added.

We have a few more articles. Baz wrote a theoretical piece about the fate system called The Rhythm of Waves . We also have a great piece called The Red Lion by Akodo Hato, a Lion Hatamoto who has had success with a Scorpion splash. He talks about the current situation with Lion and how he was rethink his approach to the game to have any chance at being competitive.

Tonight (31/01/2019 19:00 GMT) we'll be on Twitch recording a new episode which will be out on YouTube and Podcast a short time after that.

3 hours ago, Bazleebub said:

We have a few more articles. Baz wrote a theoretical piece about the fate system called The Rhythm of Waves .

As someone who is trying to up his game -- I've been playing infrequently and this shows when I attend store events -- this article is the best thing I've read in a long, long time. I bow very low to this piece of wisdom. :)

Barry is joined by guest Akodo Hato, Lion Hatamoto and strategist. They discuss recent events, how Lion can win even with yellow cards, and the upcoming changes to the FFG Organised Play system.

Edited by Bazleebub

Episode 44: Barry, Eoin, and Justin talk about the recent FFG Live spoilers of the Unicorn and Crane clan packs and discuss the new Children of the Empire release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvh80jCIYgA

Edited by Bazleebub

Edited by Bazleebub

We have a new article on dueling by Alex Jacobs.

Coverage of the last Kotei pre-CotE in Toronto .

And we'll be recording another episode on Twitch this evening at 19:00 GMT (14:00 CST).

Wonderful content, appreciate all the effort that has been put in

Hats off!

This week Barry and Justin talk about some of the recent Elemental Championship deck winners in the Children of the Empire meta.

This week Barry, Eoin, and Justin talk about some of the new cards, decks they've been working on, the meta, and the differences between the US and EU environments!

Thanks Beazy-B

Great stuff as always

In this episode Barry, Eoin, and Justin look over the results from the Paris Kotei and discuss the meta and decks that did well from that event.

We review the new card pack here .

If you prefer videos, we wildly over-react in our last week episode

Our next live stream will be on Thursday (June 20th) after the FFG Live stream covering the Inheritance Cycle. So hopefully we'll get some spicy hot takes. Tune in on twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/imperialadvisor

Part 1 of 2!

We also cover the pack in a write up which can be found here .

Feel free to get in touch on Facebook or Twitter! We're always happy to chat.

Episode 55 is now live! Baz and Justin look at the recent Gencon winning deck and talk about its impact on the game.

So @Bazleebub , do you suspect that the GenCon results were a one off or have players already started playing differently to counter the Forebearer's Echo decks?

6 minutes ago, HirumaShigure said:

So @Bazleebub , do you suspect that the GenCon results were a one off or have players already started playing differently to counter the Forebearer's Echo decks?

Well given how prevalent the deck was at the Toronto GC (9 of 30 players on Phoenix and 7 of those on Echobird) I'd say it may be more a regional thing, US versus EU meta.