When do we freak out about the lack of a quarterly kit?

By flightmaster101, in Runewars Miniatures Game

On 12/19/2018 at 6:49 PM, flightmaster101 said:

Good call. January is less than 2 weeks away and we don’t have a tourney reg update either.

I'll note they've been late updating the tournament document before. I would not be surprised if we're into the 2nd week in January before the update lands.

That's true, but in the past, the prior tournament update had the next set of scenarios listed. Normally, the Q4 tournament doc would have told us what's coming up in Q1 so players with early January tournaments could be planning, testing, and painting their force for their next event. It's the biggest thing I think RWM OP has gotten right.

This past document, though, managed to miss that? I don't think we've seen an explanation as to why, either. *shrug* Nothing for it but to wait, but it's a little frustrating.

5 hours ago, kaffis said:

That's true, but in the past, the prior tournament update had the next set of scenarios listed. Normally, the Q4 tournament doc would have told us what's coming up in Q1 so players with early January tournaments could be planning, testing, and painting their force for their next event. It's the biggest thing I think RWM OP has gotten right.

This past document, though, managed to miss that? I don't think we've seen an explanation as to why, either. *shrug* Nothing for it but to wait, but it's a little frustrating.

The objective/deployment part could possibly be due to a rethink on their end about how to do those for an event after worlds. The fact that three of the top 4 lists were killdozers May have been off putting.

I also have a pretty big ego, so it may be that I just like the thought that it’s all about me. ;)

The thought had crossed my mind that they're planning a reorganization of how to do OP of some sort that would make announcing the Q1 objectives premature or nonsensical or redundant if the old format becomes obsolete, yeah.

Which could be exciting in its own right. I don't think the way they were doing it was bad, just that the timing of some of the objectives didn't match up well with where the releases were at, maybe. Which might be why they're rethinking it, after they spent a year with what appears to have been some epicly delayed releases.

Didn't they hire a new person in charge of OP?