When do we freak out about the lack of a quarterly kit?

By flightmaster101, in Runewars Miniatures Game

?

We also need an update for the new deployments and objectives for the Jan-Mar season, and presumably also the Apr-June season.

1 hour ago, Vergilius said:

We also need an update for the new deployments and objectives for the Jan-Mar season, and presumably also the Apr-June season.

Good call. January is less than 2 weeks away and we don’t have a tourney reg update either.

Hmmm, this is more concerning than no new units on the horizon, but I think armada had a dead quarter a bit ago, ffg is probably just busy.

So I have it on some authority that the kit is in the order system, hopefully we see an article tomorrow.

Stars wars products’ quarterly kits were just announced today, so maybe we’re ok?

Edited by Vergilius

OMG @Church14 I said that exact thing earlier today.

3 hours ago, Vergilius said:

Stars wars products’ quarterly kits were just announced today, so maybe we’re ok?

And game of thrones and l5r.

3 hours ago, flightmaster101 said:

So I have it on some authority that the kit is in the order system, hopefully we see an article tomorrow.

Quick update, the flgs owner who said the kits were in was talking about legion and armada. Couldn’t see the RW kits in the system.

You freak out when discovering that Spain or France wont get Scouts, Wraiths, etc... Im not going to say more... but its sad at least...

9 hours ago, Jagged said:

You freak out when di  scovering that Spain or France wont get Scouts, Wraiths, etc... Im not going to say more... but its sad at  least  ...

8c299ef2b32f57303e33824fc316cbb8ddcbea2f

The Destiny Quarter Kit was announced, so they are spreading them out a touch.

/awakens from slumber

NO NEW KIT NO NEW MODELS MAKE JEK ANGRY

/falls back asleep

April. We freak out in April.

If we fall behind the other games in having q4, q1 and q2 kits is game death assumed?

40 minutes ago, flightmaster101 said:

If we fall behind the other games in having q4, q1 and q2 kits is game death assumed?

tumblr_meprhpshC01riy0mto1_500.jpg

4 hours ago, flightmaster101 said:

No, that just means they're not supporting tournament play at the time. Doesn't mean it's dying.

9 hours ago, coldsteel said:

No, that just means they're not supporting tournament play at the time. Doesn't mean it's dying.

This is very true. And you know what? I'd be okay with that. Sort of. I mean, I don't have the hunger for winning swag that I used to have in the early days of X-wing. That whole chase has just become old. What I DO NOT want to see is FFG dropping Runewars from Worlds because I have plans to make it to that event in 2019!

15 hours ago, coldsteel said:

True, but it is not a good sign. I haven't seen them drop OP support of a game before. Even Armada has had consistent support despite having no releases.

I noticed something strange recently that's been bugging me a little. I picked up a copy of Heroes of Terrinoth the other day. Inside the box was the typical FFG ad pamphlet. I flipped through the thing and there was no mention of Runewars in it.

I found it strange because, I mean, Heroes of Terrinoth is a game BASED in Terrinoth. Why wouldn't a company advertise any crossover element possible in a game like that. Is it just poor marketing at play? In any case, I noticed it, it bothered me, and reading through these posts are disheartening to say the least.

This game is hands down the best rank and file TTM game I have played. What a shame they aren't getting aggressive with the marketing of it.

Well, all in all these are not good signs....

This thread is becoming a spined thresher, spreading panic everywhere.

I dont think the game is done for. I think FFG has it on the slow burn and has been too busy with its star wars IPs to get its personal IPs up to date.

I'm hoping and looking forward to a bright new year of runewars.

What Jukey said. Announcements and communication for a bunch of games has been slow and unsteady for nearly two years. Sometimes units go from in-development to shipping now. Quarterly kits for several games have been slow at various points in the last two years as well. It’s a company thing, not a game thing.

I certainly hope it's a slow burn. Gives me a chance to catch up on painting, but I definitely want it to keep developing and growing.

8 hours ago, Jukey said:

This thread is becoming a spined thresher, spreading panic everywhere.

I dont think the game is done for. I think FFG has it on the slow burn and has been too busy with its star wars IPs to get its personal IPs up to date.

I'm hoping and looking forward to a bright new year of runewars.

A friend of mine pointed out that they have no reason to kill a game that they own the IP to. It's not like they are paying Disney a pile of cash to use the term Latari. Starwars is under more pressure to succeed because of that cost.

I think this is part of the normal cycle of releases with these type of expandable, customizable games. FFG has to release enough stuff to get to a critical mass for force building and to see if the game takes off. After that, I figure they have to step back and see if it’s worth the commitment of resources to go further. Those resources are being spread over all of their games throughout their various cycles. With the launch of X-Wing 2.0, Legion, etc. they’ve obviously got some big fish to fry in the next 12 months.

For those of us who play Armada, we haven’t had anything new for about 1 year and “all” we’re getting is the Super Star Destroyer. Neat piece, but hardly something to introduce a ton of play options.

On the plus side, I figure all of the heavily discounted stuff from Miniature Market (and some other retailers) had to create some new players. I know in our area it did. Nevertheless, I figure 2019 to be lean on new units. Oh well, that doesn’t affect my enjoyment of the game or the amount of time I’m going to commit to it.

Keeping my fingers crossed for 2019...