The British 3 pin plug

By Herr Style, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

Iโ€™ve noticed in another thread where people compare their countries electrical plugs to the British 3 pin plug.

I have personal experience of North American and European plugs. As these plugs go, they are ok, but neither have the lethality or the ability to inflict such intense pain as The British 3 pin plug!

If anyone finds my statement incredulous or fanciful, then people, GO AND STAND ON ONE IN BARE FEET at 1am in the morning. Itโ€™s like having cavalry caltrops in the comfort of your own home.

Are you an electrician?

1 hour ago, LordTesla said:

Are you an electrician?

No. Just someone who's stood on a British 3 pin plug. ๐Ÿ˜‚

British 3 pin plugs are as marshmallows to the bare foot in comparison to the true power of the Australian 3 pin plug!

We are in this (as all things) superior to old blighty.

Are outlets on the floor in homes in Great Britain?

1 hour ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Are outlets on the floor in homes in Great Britain?

Generally no, they are in the walls. Once plugged in there is also an on/off switch in the socket for added safety. But, and its a big but, the main danger to bare feet is when it is unplugged from the wall. Due to its design, it has a more than 50% chance of landing "prong up". The prongs are super chunky , and have no give in them.

@LTD has described the Australian 3 pin plug as superior in the pain threshold of plugs, but from what I've seen on the Internet (as I have no practical experience of them), the Australian plug just lies on the floor with its attack prongs just pointing out the side.

In comparison, I would rate the British 3 pin plug alongside the Bullet Ant if using the Schmidt pain index.

20 minutes ago, Herr Style said:

Generally no, they are in the walls. Once plugged in there is also an on/off switch in the socket for added safety. But, and its a big but, the main danger to bare feet is when it is unplugged from the wall. Due to its design, it has a more than 50% chance of landing "prong up". The prongs are super chunky , and have no give in them.

@LTD has described the Australian 3 pin plug as superior in the pain threshold of plugs, but from what I've seen on the Internet (as I have no practical experience of them), the Australian plug just lies on the floor with its attack prongs just pointing out the side.

In comparison, I would rate the British 3 pin plug alongside the Bullet Ant if using the Schmidt pain index.

Oh I see what you mean.

In America it depends on the device. If I'm unplugging my computer or lamp, the pins are not going to land face up. That could happen with my air conditioner, washer or dryer though. Those plugs are designed differently.

I've never stepped on a plug face up though, knock on wood, so it's probably not as much of a problem as it is for Great Britain and Australia.

So I was in Kenya for a long time, I'm pretty sure they use the British plugs (complete with wall outlet switches and everything) and I always thought they were so clunky haha. Massive cords and Giant heads. Clearly America was smart when we Rebelled so now we have much more Streamlined Electrical plugs!

Rebel scum!

1 hour ago, LTD said:

Rebel scum!

Them be Fighting Words!

โœŠ โœŠ put them up!!!

1 minute ago, clontroper5 said:

Them be Fighting Words!

โœŠ โœŠ put them up!!!

@clontroper5 , Just sprinkle some British 3 pin plugs around you, youโ€™ll be quite safe from attack! If on the off chance @LTD makes it through, then they will be at such a disadvantage/in immense pain, that a counter attack by you is assured of success. ๐Ÿ˜

For the record, I've never stood on a plug. You cant accidentally leave a british three pin plug lying around... its too big, plus most stuff has retractable cords or cable coiling supports. Whilst the fuse makes them bigger than most, transformers found on many plugs are far larger these days anyway. Maybe you guys have just learnt bad habits from having foot friendly plugs?

I still think Legos are the Foots Most wanted

46 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

For the record, I've never stood on a plug. You cant accidentally leave a british three pin plug lying around... its too big, plus most stuff has retractable cords or cable coiling supports. Whilst the fuse makes them bigger than most, transformers found on many plugs are far larger these days anyway. Maybe you guys have just learnt bad habits from having foot friendly plugs?

To be honest, I havenโ€™t lived in the UK for about 18 years, so improvements must have been made. Iโ€™m just thinking of these ones: -

https://goo.gl/images/Xcq9FJ

That is just pure pain! ๐Ÿ˜‚

EUROPEAN PLUGS FOR JUSTICE

future-of-europe-.jpeg

ea6041_type_f_german.gif ea6041_type_e_belgium.gif

type C

typeCplug.jpg

1 hour ago, clontroper5 said:

I still think Legos are the Foots Most wanted

The plural of LEGO is LEGO. Man I dislike Americans.

34 minutes ago, LTD said:

The plural of LEGO is LEGO. Man I dislike Americans.

Just Lego man, Lego, it's Cool

Iโ€™m glad you apostropheed correctly, else I would scream.

Rebel dogs, betraying your rightful King.

Oh oops its autocorrects fault. I hate the abomination known as Apostrophes!

Just imagine making a British 3 pin plug out of Lego and then standing on that.

Always someone worse off than yourself.

Ya'll bad-toothed brits ain't got nothin on us North Americans and our superior plug ends and safer voltages! What do you have to 'aboot' that eh?

Here in Canada, I hate the fact that to isolate a single wall plug I need to effectively disconnect the whole house.

I grew up with individual switching.

And 220V

6 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

Here in Canada, I hate the fact that to isolate a single wall plug I need to effectively disconnect the whole house.

I grew up with individual switching.

And 220V

Just take it apart live ๐Ÿ˜‚

10 hours ago, LordTesla said:

Ya'll bad-toothed brits ain't got nothin on us North Americans and our superior plug ends and safer voltages! What do you have to 'aboot' that eh?

Well, if Kevin would have had some Brit plugs laying around it would have made Home Alone even funnier!

35 minutes ago, Herr Style said:

Well, if Kevin would have had some Brit plugs laying around it would have made Home Alone even funnier!

That would have come as a real shock to the burglars!