Han Shot First: A Legion AAR

By Abwehrschlacht, in Battle Reports

Really good stuff. Good looking minis and table!

What base did you put your barricades on? I like that idea

Thank you. I mounted the barricades on pieces of plasticard which I cut to size and rounded the corners off. I never liked the gap at the bottom of the barricade, and I wanted it look more like they were slightly dug into the ground. I think they look more solid with a base.

14 minutes ago, Abwehrschlacht said:

Thank you. I mounted the barricades on pieces of plasticard which I cut to size and rounded the corners off. I never liked the gap at the bottom of the barricade, and I wanted it look more like they were slightly dug into the ground. I think they look more solid with a base.

Yeah they look much better and more natural that way!

To make them look dug in I used pollyfilla (Spackle in the US) on the base to close the gap and secure them to the base.

How do you have squads so large? Is that just a home-rule you did for this particular game? How did you find it affected things? Did it make a given unit too offensive when rolling that many dice? It seems like it would make cover less effective as a percentage of a unit's ability to mitigate damage. (Ie, removing 1-2 hits from a unit that caused 3 damage, vs. removing 1-2 hits from a unit that caused 6 damage)

I base my games of Legion on the OOBs from West End Games Star Wars Miniatures battles, as the squad sizes are more realistic. It makes no real difference unless there’s cover as everyone has a defence roll against hits anyway. I’m sure there’s some percentage chance you could work out with using eight versus six figures, but it’s so slight as to be unnoticeable tbh.