So far painted... (Updated: Luke & Vader -operatives)

By xmarkusx, in Painting

Bike Scouts (two squads, Core + expansion)

SBxk151.jpg

gX4lmuo.jpg

jZvWuYA.jpg

z9LEBvh.jpg

It took me a forever to finally finish the bikes, as i play mostly Rebels (cause most of my friends always want to go for Empire). Core box squad (one with back shooting squad leader ofc) i actually primed shortly after the game came out, then i picked a box of bikes on Cyber monday last year... well they're finished now. Snowtrooper was first of the batch, will be painting rest of 'em next. Then i still got to 1.4. FD Laser Cannon -unit to paint, until Jyn & Pathfinders actually come available!

Edited by xmarkusx

Jyn Erso

TXzgkIz.jpg

Straight up...you knocked it all out the park

How do some people do the whites of their eyes? It's crazy.

A super fine brush which you only use for eyes so it doesn't lose its point. I was really worries about the eyes but my first few attempts have come out nicely. It is a little hard to avoid slight cross eyes though.

4 hours ago, Kingsguard said:

I was very afraid of painting eyes myself back then too, but it’s really not that hard in the end (started with Imperial Assault minis when i started painting and never even tried to paint eyes on ’em). I tend to paint eyes while the face is still just in base paint phase. Trial and error (you can always fix mess with base color), good tip on the brush (no need for super duper fine brushes for me, just has to have a good TIP) i paint mostly everything with same size 1-2 size brushes (Jyn, the whole mini, i’ve done with Army Painter - Wargamer: Regiment brush) the tip is everything with the eyes! Have to say that most of minis eyes’ look even this ”good”.

Just try to get small streak of black first, then a small dash of white and then a dab of black innit in the middle. Enough practise, patience and steady position (try to nod into something to keep your hand as stable as possible) and it’s all good for tabletop, i know i’ll never be good enough painter to complete or anything. I’ve just managed to get ’em pretty good looking time to time.

1 hour ago, Welshie13 said:

A super fine brush which you only use for eyes so it doesn't lose its point. I was really worries about the eyes but my first few attempts have come out nicely. It is a little hard to avoid slight cross eyes though.

Made myself more mess with superfine brush than normal 1 or 2 sized brush, as long as the tip is on point and i’ve noticed to get better results!

Forgot to post some photos of some of my Imperials, took these while ago. This was makeshift very poor man’s lightbox testing, hehe.

Bike Scout, Veers, Boba, Palpatine, Royal Guards and Snowtroopers make appearance.

Edited by xmarkusx
17 hours ago, Kingsguard said:

I don’t. Doesn’t get easier than that

I have done eyes for similar scales, but I have a younger son with better eyesight than mine who will paint eyes on some of my figures. That is my best solution/option.

I started by just with putting some darker wash on the eye sockets, so it would give even somekind of illusion of eyes. Now though will try my best to make eyes look as good i can every time to get practise.

Deathtroopers and Director Krennic (who with i decided try very diffent style of painting).

Edited by xmarkusx

1.4 FD Laser Cannon

eZIYAXl.jpg

tgHS0An.jpg

mUKmtFS.jpg

UjGms7H.jpg

dWxqVMD.jpg

Did a really fast paintjob on this one, nothing fancy here. After it was sitting painted only metallic for three months, just had to make it finished so went on the heavy camo direction to match it on my Endor theme.

41 minutes ago, xmarkusx said:

1.4 FD Laser Cannon

eZIYAXl.jpg

tgHS0An.jpg

mUKmtFS.jpg

UjGms7H.jpg

dWxqVMD.jpg

Did a really fast paintjob on this one, nothing fancy here. After it was sitting painted only metallic for three months, just had to make it finished so went on the heavy camo direction to match it on my Endor theme.

Definitely the best turret I’ve seen

Looks good browski!

Great work all round mate.

Pathfinders

Edited by xmarkusx

Hola. So i kinda deleted my imgur... maybe need to some day find better photo hosting site, or try to post stuff straight here. Anyway, here’s Bossk;

96785E0D-64FD-42E7-8A58-0D0506E05CE0.jpeg

Hey, still waiting to put some new Legion painting photos online somewhere, but i do post my Legion + other stuff on Instagram here, if anyone cares; https://www.instagram.com/nvgbsp/

25 minutes ago, xmarkusx said:

Hey, still waiting to put some new Legion painting photos online somewhere, but i do post my Legion + other stuff on Instagram here, if anyone cares; https://www.instagram.com/nvgbsp/

I'm using imgbb at the moment (after the photobucket ransom of a couple of years ago), it free, not loads of space but it's plenty if you optimise your image sizes :)

20 hours ago, 54NCH32 said:

I'm using imgbb at the moment (after the photobucket ransom of a couple of years ago), it free, not loads of space but it's plenty if you optimise your image sizes :)

Cheers, will check out!

Or failing that, you can just post instagram links (which I used to do on my imperial assault thread), they seem to be working again

4 hours ago, 54NCH32 said:

Or failing that, you can just post instagram links (which I used to do on my imperial assault thread), they seem to be working again

I actually tried that but failed somehow, but if it should work i'll try!

5 minutes ago, xmarkusx said:

I actually tried that but failed somehow, but if it should work i'll try!

Been a while since I have, but you hit the dots (...) on your instagram, "copy link" and paste here, I stopped doing it, as images stopped working for a while on third party sites (it just displayed a "click here to view this on instagram" image, which sucked) but it appears to be showing the images again now (at least when I checked my old IA thread this morning).

Edited by 54NCH32

Now we're talking; Darth Vader Operative.

Edited by xmarkusx
f