What should the next campaign use?

By coogee78, in Legends of the Alliance

Keep in mind, you're probably never going to a see a multi-box campaign. Looking at Descent and Mansions of Madness and how things have worked for IA in the pre-digital age all the campaigns/stories are Core +1 expansion. They do this because they don't want to release something that people wont get or can't play because they don't have the other box needed.

I could be wrong, and it might happen someday, but don't be disappointed if further releases don't combine multiple expansions.

The recent app campaign they released for Decent requires the core and two expansions, so they could do the same with Imperial Assault.

I'd put my money on Bespin.

However I have no money, and I hold true to the old Aussie idiom : "Never bet on anything that talks".

Still, I'd like to see some Bespin action; Jabba's Realm expansion gave us a little dirt for our shiny heroes, Hoth seems to be making us Rebels again (I've only played the first mission), so I think some missions involving a little wet-work, some anti-ISB activity, Blaise as a bad guy, and give us Lando while we're at it.

Timelines aside, we could have Greedo and Hired Guns as the thorn in the side.

I like Rebels, so Lothal for me, please.. 😉

I would wager Heart of the Empire since the first two expansion apps came from Big Boxes, maybe after that they would switch to the 3 small boxes.

14 hours ago, TheWelcomeMat88 said:

I would wager Heart of the Empire since the first two expansion apps came from Big Boxes, maybe after that they would switch to the 3 small boxes.

This. If the point of the app is to drive sales, why do small boxes before big boxes?

It will probably be timed to come out with the new unreleased box sets (we'll probably get TWO big box sets) and will feature a lot of action on Mustaphar and Mandalore with some side missions in Endor and Dagobah.

Ha. Just kidding. I have no idea. But I'd agree that HotE seems like the best bet, they know I haven't bought it yet and if they do an app for it I will be forced to give them my money.

I’m starting to wonder if they’ll combine two of the small boxes for a campaign (after HOTE). If they hadn’t done it for Descent, the thought never would’ve crossed my mind, but it could be an easier way to create a more robust app campaign with the reduced content of the small boxes. I mean, making one app campaign from a small box would actually be extending the original campaign; if they can combine them and give us something more like Jabba’s Realm it’d be pretty sweet. They could even do two separate story lines to follow where you make a decision one or two missions and that’ll either lead you to Bespin or Tatooine.

On 2/17/2019 at 3:06 AM, Uninvited Guest said:

I’m starting to wonder if they’ll combine two of the small boxes for a campaign (after HOTE). If they hadn’t done it for Descent, the thought never would’ve crossed my mind, but it could be an easier way to create a more robust app campaign with the reduced content of the small boxes. I mean, making one app campaign from a small box would actually be extending the original campaign; if they can combine them and give us something more like Jabba’s Realm it’d be pretty sweet. They could even do two separate story lines to follow where you make a decision one or two missions and that’ll either lead you to Bespin or Tatooine.

That would be interesting. The other thing they might do is pair similar expansions, so Twin Shadows and Jabba's Realm for another desert campaign or Bespin Gambit and Heart of the Empire for a city based campaign.

Really hope it's not Bespin, it's the one box I have no intention of picking up (debated it for the heroes, but just couldn't bring myself to as everything else in there - mini-wise - seemed a bit "meh")

Edited by 54NCH32
On 2/26/2019 at 10:38 AM, 54NCH32 said:

Really hope it's not Bespin, it's the one box I have no intention of picking up (debated it for the heroes, but just couldn't bring myself to as everything else in there - mini-wise - seemed a bit "meh")

I really liked Bespin. It was very different from the other campaigns up to that point. True, the Wing Guards are very boring. I also find the Ughnaughts boring as well, but I LOVE the tiles for Bespin, I love Murne Rin as a Hero, I like Davith and have had success with him in the past, and I enjoy the companions and Rebel Class Upgrade Cards in this set.

18 hours ago, Funky_4LOM said:

I really liked Bespin. It was very different from the other campaigns up to that point. True, the Wing Guards are very boring. I also find the Ughnaughts boring as well, but I LOVE the tiles for Bespin, I love Murne Rin as a Hero, I like Davith and have had success with him in the past, and I enjoy the companions and Rebel Class Upgrade Cards in this set.

True, the tiles, Heroes and companions look quite cool, just a shame the price of it has risen a bit over the last year. The fact we've not finished Jabba or Lothal yet, kinda makes it a back burner for now though :)

On 2/27/2019 at 7:33 PM, Funky_4LOM said:

Wing Guards are underwhelming compared to Stormtroopers. They are more interesting visually, but really hard to paint because of their crossed arm pose. I could only bring myself to paint 3.

I quite liked the Ughnaughts though, with their irritating little junk droid.

Murne is a great hero, and one of my favourites I have painted. Davith is ok.

I didn't like many of the Bespin missions, although have only played the campaign once. Only the finale seemed well balanced. On the whole I'd say the Bespin expansion is on a par with Twin Shadows, in that it has better tiles and heroes, but worse missions and troops.

Ha, its funny, as I actually have the opposite opinion on how the wing guards look (and is one of the main reasons I got turned off from picking this set up).

I can't stand the design (they look too cheesy "70's sci-fi"), and the thought of having to paint six of them made it a solid nope (so I feel your pain there!) 😂

Only draw is that I would quite like to complete the hero set at some point.

Edited by 54NCH32

I'm kind of thinking it might be cool to have a Rebels themed campaign using Heart of the Empire and Tyrants of Lothal together.

Just, please, make the campaign unique and not just a rehash of the boxes again.