Showcase: Sith Infiltrator

By Force Majeure, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

This is one deadly ship, I can feel it in my bones!

swz30_anc_ship-image.png

I can't wait for it. I'm diying for it. To jell with Kylo Mipples Ren, I need Maul.

Edited by Minaith

Cool, I go first! This one's from Revell mode kit and fits perfectly to x-wing scale:

Untitled2_zps86gtdqar.jpg IMG_9373%201_zpsehkce07k.jpg

VqT88m4.jpg

SVTtlJt.jpg

lDiFKPQ.jpg

Ib6ZTzh.jpg

lEYsVre.jpg

The Infiltrator is one of the more used enemies in my custom hotac campaign and the player variant is far and away the hardest hitting ship in the squadron! I've done 2 of the pocket kit models and 1 mels miniature 3d print with another on the way!

Still wip

bYQzYLE.jpg

Why the long face, Maul? 😅

***gets sliced in half by a laser sword***

This looks good. Really good.

18 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

***gets sliced in half by a laser sword***

Not to worry! Advancements in medical science have come a long way. Getting sliced in half by a laser sword isn't the gaurunteed death sentence it used to be!

2 hours ago, ZealuxMyr said:

Getting  sliced in half by a laser sword isn't the gaurunteed death sentence it used to be!

That depends on which way you get halved... 😛

And there you half it.. uh, have it.

Darth Maul wee @ PixelJoint.com

Edited by Force Majeure

A pair of sithier sith infiltirators - that baby-blue factory paint was an abomination...

ptz6fns.jpg

F8oA2Ju.jpg

lPjf6fn.jpg

46 minutes ago, Polda said:

F8oA2Ju.jpg

SUPERBLY done.

Wicked!

21 hours ago, Polda said:

snipped the eye-blinding awesomeness

I hate you. (I mean that as one of the highest compliments I can muster.)

On 4/9/2019 at 2:39 AM, Frimmel said:

He means, he hates you with love.

:wub: ;)

22 hours ago, CyCo said:

Awww!

On 4/7/2019 at 8:50 PM, Polda said:

lPjf6fn.jpg

This is so awesome. And unbeatable. Airbrush?

Funnily, I made an almost similar paintscheme independently.

"Commission" for one of my children, and it decided for "aubergine"-colour. (There is a WIP picture in my corner from 31th march). No airbrush, and not your skill.

fV9uXK7l.jpg

Q15aazqh.jpg

On 4/17/2019 at 12:59 PM, Managarmr said:

This is so awesome. And unbeatable. Airbrush?

Funnily, I made an almost similar paintscheme independently.

"Commission" for one of my children, and it decided for "aubergine"-colour. (There is a WIP picture in my corner from 31th march). No airbrush, and not your skill.

fV9uXK7l.jpg

Q15aazqh.jpg

I like the accent color and the cloaking job.

On mine I mixed a bit of airbrushing with drybrushing. I only own a revell starter kit airbrush which is pretty awful for anything else except covering large areas in a single color. Otherwise the smallest are it can paint is kinda 2cm diameter?
So > that long highlight on top of the red hull has the pink-ish underlayer airbrushed. Then some of the longer straighter parts of the "glow" part of the cloak effect. Anything smaller or more jagged was done with a small flat, soft bristled brush and dry-brushing (as were two corner highlighted on the flats in front of the sphere section and on top of the bridge sphere section itself.

You can get very good glow effects by layering subtle drybrushing and don't need an airbrush at all.

All you need is small soft flat brush or a small round brush with the tip cut off and some nice bright paint (Vallejo Model Color Deep Sky Blue and Andrea Blue is what I use for cloak effects).

Wipe as much paint as you can into a paper towel and then make circles with the brush on the model. You can leave a bit more paint on and end up with a more grainy finish than if you built it up layer by layer but standing over the table looking down you can't tell the difference.

Note: I could not make the long nose look good with this "red metal" finish I was going for because I am bad at blending on large flat areas, that's why most of it is cloaked. There are two or three thin layers of failure under that black starry finish :P

This guy right here does Non Metallic Metal effects with mostly drybrushing!

EDIT: One more example of how far something as simple as drybrushing with a small brush can get you 😉

The three Fangs at the back (red, blue, green) have the front sections airbrushed BUT the front one's gold wings were done entirely by drybrushing.
40708165_964945837046970_875373520861400

Edited by Polda
On 12/9/2018 at 11:12 AM, morphelia said:

Cool, I go first! This one's from Revell mode kit and fits perfectly to x-wing scale:
[Images]

How does the Revell model compare to the FFG one in terms of scale? Would it be immediately apparent which was which if they were placed side by side?

On 4/8/2019 at 12:39 PM, Frimmel said:

On 4/11/2019 at 10:42 AM, CyCo said:

Y’all made me think of this:

- King George addressing the colonies in the musical “Hamilton” (singing) -

... I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love, da dada da da ...

On 5/2/2019 at 3:38 AM, MalusCalibur said:

How does the Revell model compare to the FFG one in terms of scale? Would it be immediately apparent which was which if they were placed side by side?

Actually I can't say for I don't own the FFG one. The amazon link says it's 1:257, and by looking at pics of the FFG infiltrator in comparison to its base I'd say the Revell kit looks a wee – but quite noticeable – bit smaller.

Always two there are, no more, no less.

sgjHpcU.jpg

Edited by Polda
5 hours ago, Polda said:

Always two there are, no more, no less.

The number of the counting shall be two, and two shall be the number of the counting.

Right out, three is!

Here we are, infiltrating the Borderlands...
IMG-20190616-123820.jpg

IMG-20190616-123758.jpg