Jabba's Realm Playthrough impressions *Spoilers*

By Rikalonius, in Legends of the Alliance

*Spoilers Ho*

I finished my first play through for the app. My Jabba's realm arrived last week and I decided to play out via Vassal. I hope to soon set up and try another play through using my gaming table in the near future as I made my share of mistakes. Since I was eager to do the app, I hadn't played the regular campaign, but I think I will do that before another app play through. So, from my prospective I can't compare the two. I thoroughly enjoyed playing the app content, however, more so than Flight of the Freedom fighter. I thought the story could have been a little better thought out, but overall I enjoyed the enemies become friends and friends become enemies twists. I feel like I could sit down and bang out a screenplay based on my play through and it would make an excellent film. Fenn and Biv are my regulars. They've been in 90% of the campaigns I've done. My head canon views them as best of friends. The grizzled Veteran and the ex-Stormtrooper who are sent all over the galaxy by Rebel command recruiting others. In this case, because I just got Jabba's Realm, I'd been waiting to use Vinto. I hadn't thought one way or another about Onar, but I'm glad I chose him, especially towards the end. I may have had to loose him for the final battle, but the rancor, without the huge buffs of the Nal Hutta mission, was actually fairly easy for a buffed up Onar to keep occupied. I even took a piggie with me into the trapdoor, trying to do my part to eliminate enemies for my friends. I didn't want to risk the captives, but I probably could have crawled back and snatched another figure. A buffed up Vinto is also pretty lethal. Between him and Fenn I was able to whittle down Captain Terro through indirect fire while he was flanked by his troops. That was another situation were Onar was good for peeling off a block by pushing a figure away and using Hold Still. Vinto was a bit squishy in the early going. He ended getting withdrawn before the speeder mission, which I had no idea was coming, and that contributed to our loss of that mission because there were just to many enemies. I've read complaints about the squishy nature of E-Webs, but that the trade-off for nearly being able to one-shot a hero. Besides, you don't need to destroy the equipment, just the man controlling it. It would be nice if once you eliminated him, you could take over his gun.

I don't knew who I'll take next, but I'm going to attempt to take 4 different heroes. I'd love to hear other players' stories about which characters they took and ways their abilities helped or hindered their campaign.

My team for Jabba's Realm Playthrough was Drokkatta, Ko-Tun, Shyla and Vinto.

My finale saw the first part play out at the Sarlaac Pit where the Rancor showed up and climbed into a skiff.

The second part was on Jabba's sailbarge, where Shyla defeated Jabba in one turn to win it.

13 minutes ago, Majushi said:

My team for Jabba's Realm Playthrough was Drokkatta  , Ko-Tun, Shyla and Vinto.

My finale saw the first part play out at the Sarlaac Pit where the Rancor showed up and climbed into a skiff.

The second part was on Jabba's sailbarge, where Shyla defeated Jabba in one turn to win it.

I was considering using Drokkatta and Gaarkhan in my next play through. To bad I can't guarantee Chewbacca or some Wookiee Warriors for my allies. But who would best pair with those two?

I’m using the Gaark and Drok connection right now with Verena and Murne. I just finished the second mission so far so good. My only big issue so far is that I don’t have decent weapons coming up in the armory.

I’m hoping better synergies will come up as I level them, too.