Quick-Build Squad Builder

By J1mBob, in X-Wing

18 hours ago, Tervlon said:

Instead of two ships being on one card, I'd suggest having the main card (like the VCX) be draftable and have a mark that reminds you to pull the second card out of the "reserve" pile when it is drafted. The second ships would not have a back like the other cards so drafting it by mistake wouldn't occur. Trying to put two cards in one would risk losing the aesthetic.

I like this idea! I think I will change my request ;) :

Is it possible to have some kind of text or indicator on the cards that are linked, so that players know that they are linked without having to memorize it beforehand? Maybe use aurebesh signs or some phrase such as "Linked with..."

A bit of downside to this is that players then have to look through the "reserve" card pile to get the complete information, but it is probably better than the alternative (to squeeze too much info on a single card). It also solves the issue with having shield, force and charge tokens and damage cards from two ships on the same card.

Edited by Hinnyboy

Maybe in the upper right corner near the threat bar I can put a Star Wars related logo with the date that FFG released the build... either the date on the reference PDF or the date that the promo card was announced in an FFG news article.

4 hours ago, Hinnyboy said:

I like this idea! I think I will change my request ;) :

Is it possible to have some kind of text or indicator on the cards that are linked, so that players know that they are linked without having to memorize it beforehand? Maybe use aurebesh signs or some phrase such as "Linked with..."

A bit of downside to this is that players then have to look through the "reserve" card pile to get the complete information, but it is probably better than the alternative (to squeeze too much info on a single card). It also solves the issue with having shield, force and charge tokens and damage cards from two ships on the same card.

This seems very doable. I'll work on this next chance I get.

Although I’m still thinking certain 2x builds might work on one card... two Interceptors or two Tugboats for example. The VCX builds would be better off with two cards I think. When I get a moment I’ll experiment with some layouts.

Edited by J1mBob
9 hours ago, J1mBob said:

Maybe in the upper right corner near the threat bar I can put a Star Wars related logo with the date that FFG released the build... either the date on the reference PDF or the date that the promo card was announced in an FFG news article.

Most of the promo cards come from a certain event. Perhaps the info you put on the card could refer to that? We have cards from Gen Con 2018 (GC18), Deluxe Wave Kit 1 & 2 (WK01 & WK02). Just another idea, seems like it would be easier than keeping track of dates and gives more frame of reference.

14 minutes ago, Tervlon said:

Most of the promo cards come from a certain event. Perhaps the info you put on the card could refer to that? We have cards from Gen Con 2018 (GC18), Deluxe Wave Kit 1 & 2 (WK01 & WK02). Just another idea, seems like it would be easier than keeping track of dates and gives more frame of reference.

Yep, I like that.

QBSB has been updated to Wave 3!

Since there are a few items on infinitearenas.com that use the quick build card format, here's a quick summary of what each one does so you can find what you need:

Quick Build Squad Builder (QBSB) : Design your squad using the official FFG Quick Builds. Once you've picked your squad, print and play.

Quick Build Deck Printer : Want to print out the entire quick build deck for a faction? Then use this! I've added the ability to print just the recent wave updates as well if you've already printed the pre-Wave 3 cards.

Custom Quick Build Card Maker : Design your squad using a squad builder like YASB 2.0 , export the XWS code, and paste the code into the custom quick build card maker. Hit "Submit", and you now have quick build cards ready for printing based on the squad you designed.

Updated for Wave 4!

Updated for Wave 5!

This is amazing! Thank you so much for all of this work. I am curious if anyone has been able to create a Printer Studio or Make Playing Cards order that we could order fully printed decks from.

On 11/1/2019 at 10:32 AM, l337MAFIA said:

This is amazing! Thank you so much for all of this work. I am curious if anyone has been able to create a Printer Studio or Make Playing Cards order that we could order fully printed decks from.

I would love preprinted decks of quickbuilds. I've printed and cut out all of the ones from infinite arenas and it has been great!

On 11/1/2019 at 10:32 AM, l337MAFIA said:

This has been a frequently requested item. Since FFG has started making card packs, maybe they'll address this need soon. There are legal obstacles to posting a printable deck at Make Playing Cards. You need to sign off that you own or have permission to use all of the artwork in the project when you upload it to MPC.

Since that's a non-starter... I'm working on creating cards that do not use the official FFG artwork. I was thinking maybe a different blueprint style image for each ship type, like so:

luke-blueprint.PNG

(this is just a demo -- I do not own this blueprint image)

If this interests you, you can pick up more details elsewhere . 😉

On 9/10/2019 at 8:16 PM, J1mBob said:

Updated for Wave 5!

It looks like your quick build squad builder is still missing the re-release quick builds from Wave 5. Crabbok has done a good job of showing them in all of his unboxing videos as a source of the new quick build cards.

2 minutes ago, joeshmoe554 said:

It looks like your quick build squad builder is still missing the re-release quick builds from Wave 5. Crabbok has done a good job of showing them in all of his unboxing videos as a source of the new quick build cards.

Thanks, I’ll take a look and get them updated. I’ll also be adding the Huge ships and the Wing quick builds soon...

21 minutes ago, joeshmoe554 said:

@J1mBob I also noticed the Quick Builds from the Wave kits have seem to have vanished, too. For example, the Iden Versio with Proton Torpedoes.

They can all be found here and here . And the Gen Con exclusives .

1 hour ago, J1mBob said:

This has been a frequently requested item. Since FFG has started making card packs, maybe they'll address this need soon. There are legal obstacles to posting a printable deck at Make Playing Cards. You need to sign off that you own or have permission to use all of the artwork in the project when you upload it to MPC.

Since that's a non-starter... I'm working on creating cards that do not use the official FFG artwork. I was thinking maybe a different blueprint style image for each ship type, like so:

luke-blueprint.PNG

(this is just a demo -- I do not own this blueprint image)

If this interests you, you can pick up more details elsewhere . 😉

Now, THIS is interesting. Blueprints could work, there is also lots of fan art work around I wonder if we could find some pieces to use? I would also like to see these in the Mustafar template, it is definitely my favorite.

Edited by Tervlon
On 11/6/2019 at 9:58 AM, Tervlon said:

@J1mBob I also noticed the Quick Builds from the Wave kits have seem to have vanished, too. For example, the Iden Versio with Proton Torpedoes.

They can all be found here and here . And the Gen Con exclusives .

I added these back in.

On 11/6/2019 at 9:42 AM, joeshmoe554 said:

Fixed! New builds for Scyk, JM5k, TIE Adv v1, VCX-100, and Sheathipede all added.

50 minutes ago, J1mBob said:

I added these back in.

Fixed! New builds for Scyk, JM5k, TIE Adv v1, VCX-100, and Sheathipede all added.

Sweet! I better get those new builds printed up then! Thank you!

HUGE Update!!

You can now use QBSB to build quick builds of the huge ships, using a special layout made for the large number of upgrades on the huge ships:

impetuous-quick-build.PNG

Select the "Double-card" layout when you want the extra room for the upgrades. You can print the double card, cut it out, and fold it along the seam between the ship image and the upgrades for storage with your other quick build cards.

37 minutes ago, J1mBob said:

HUGE Update!!

You can now use QBSB to build quick builds of the huge ships, using a special layout made for the large number of upgrades on the huge ships:

impetuous-quick-build.PNG

Select the "Double-card" layout when you want the extra room for the upgrades. You can print the double card, cut it out, and fold it along the seam between the ship image and the upgrades for storage with your other quick build cards.

This is great! Thank you! This is an awesome way to get huge ships on the table that much more quickly! You do great work.

Updated for all Quick Builds I could find in the Fireball, Vonreg's TIE, and Hotshots & Aces.

Unfortunately, with the official squad builder not receiving updates, I've had to make up for a lack of high pixel count card art by using lower pixel count images. So the background images for some of the more recent cards will be a lower quality than we've come to expect. Hopefully when the official squad building app gets rebooted, they'll continue to provide an API for accessing higher quality artwork...

...and FFG updated the official app! Art quality is now back up to snuff. You may need to clear your cache to get the improved images.

Edited by J1mBob

Updated for quick builds in the re-released RZ-1 A-wing, Interceptor, and Defender (thanks @Tervlon ). Also fixed missing attack info for Mag Pulse Warheads and missing charges for R1-J5 and Deuterium Power Cells.

Updated for the LAAT/i, HMP, and Xi Shuttle quick builds! Note that since this is prior to release, the art quality is lower. Once FFG updates the official app, then I'll be able to get the improved images.

Improved images now implemented!

Hound_sample2.PNG

Warning: still working on getting the triple-regen arrows for Kalani...

Edited by J1mBob
Improved images

These Quick build cards are incredible and are the reason I got back into x-wing! I think there's a bug with the huge ship cards and a few other upgrades that don't display the number of charges or weapon details (Scum C-Roc is the best example with Quick release locks, Tibanna Reserves, Point Defense Battery all with icons missing)

On 12/8/2020 at 6:47 PM, fo5ter said:

These Quick build cards are incredible and are the reason I got back into x-wing! I think there's a bug with the huge ship cards and a few other upgrades that don't display the number of charges or weapon details (Scum C-Roc is the best example with Quick release locks, Tibanna Reserves, Point Defense Battery all with icons missing)

Wow, the Forum is on the fritz! This QBSB posting had disappeared (I searched for it and couldn't find it), fo5ster posted this back on December 8th, and I received an email notification only this morning about this posting, and now the thread is back...

In the time that has passed since fo5ter posted this, he sent me a spreadsheet of missing charges and weapon stats. I have fixed all identified errors.

With the impending forum shutdown, I need to figure out where the "community hub" will be for sharing all the tools on infinitearenas.com.

Couple more things: bookmark the site because it'll be harder to find it with the forum gone, and look for a major update to infinitearenas.com soon...

Really hope this project gets supported in spanish sometime.

6 minutes ago, LUZ_TAK said:

Really hope this project gets supported in spanish sometime.

That’s one of my goals with the site. Thanks for the feedback!