Quick-Build Squad Builder

By J1mBob, in X-Wing

I've built a squad builder exclusively for quick-builds. Pick a faction, rummage through all of FFG's official quick-builds, and when you're happy with your choices, print and play! I'm calling it the "Quick-Build Squad Builder" (QBSB) and you can check it out here:

https://infinitearenas.com/qbsb/#

Here's a sample of what you can print out:

sample.PNG

For those of you who haven't seen these quick build cards before, I've got some online tools for designing your own if you don't want to stick to FFG's official quick-builds. You can find these tools on my website in addition to a few more useful items like a card browser, custom maneuver cheat sheets, and an online searchable rules reference.

Please let me know if you find any bugs. You can PM me or reply in this thread.

Enjoy!

Edited by J1mBob
Updated links from http: to https:

That is awesome. Thanks.

Now I wish I hadn't spent hours using your previous tools to build a full sets of quick builds. I have the Imperials finished and most of the rebels.

These quick build cards are great to to do demo games with. Everything is in one place.

Thank you thank you!!!

1 hour ago, Poultrybane said:

That is awesome. Thanks.

Now I wish I hadn't spent hours using your previous tools to build a full sets of quick builds. I have the Imperials finished and most of the rebels.

These quick build cards are great to to do demo games with. Everything is in one place.

Now you can make eight at a time, I hope that shortens your work!

I set up default card display styles in this tool. If it doesn’t match the style you’ve already been using to print the Imperials (upgrade opacity for example) let me know and I can add that back in as an option.

That looks pretty good.

Found a bug. The Auzituck gunship shows coordinate instead of reinforce.

11 hours ago, Poultrybane said:

That looks pretty good.

Found a bug. The Auzituck gunship shows coordinate instead of reinforce.

Thank you! Fixed!

Amazing tool but found a bug. Two Tie striker planetary sentinels are listed as threat 2 and should be 3. I almost ran four sentinels and Rexler as a threat 8 list as a result! :-D

On 11/28/2018 at 2:45 AM, MindsRedMill said:

Amazing tool but found a bug. Two Tie striker planetary sentinels are listed as threat 2 and should be 3. I almost ran four sentinels and Rexler as a threat 8 list as a result! 😄

Woops! We've got the BEST BUILDS at QBSB! 😅

Bug fixed, thanks for reporting it!

I've updated the QBSB for Wave 2! That adds the Mining Guild TIE's, the TIE/fo's, the RZ-2 A-wings, and T-70 X-wings. Note that there are no official quick builds released yet (that I know of) for the rest of the Wave 2 ships (Starfortress, Salvaged YT-1300, Upsilon, SF, Silencer).

I've also added several formatting options to help you make the cards look decent. Feedback welcome!

infinitearenas.com/qbsb

Thank you for your work making QBSB available to the community. It's amazing!

On behalf of FFG, thanks for doing this. ;)

I've not looked through your stuff yet, but anything like this is better than the official version at present.

Edited by Aetherer

hey @J1mBob , it looks like the site is down,

49 minutes ago, Marzaums said:

hey @J1mBob , it looks like the site is down,

Sorry, should be fixed!

all good, thanks for your work!

QBSB now has some formatting presets to choose from to change the artistic style of the cards. I'm a big fan of the "Mustafar" style myself...

Take a look!

infinitearenas.com/qbsb

The Mustafar style really is amazing... You are tempting me to reprint them all... :)

I've added to QBSB the new First Order and Resistance quick builds that FFG published on 21 Jan 2019.

I understand some of the Rebel/Empire/Scum quick builds may have been changed. I will try to catch the builder up to those changes soon.

Astonishing work!

Maybe too much to ask for, but is it possible for you to add an option to include the x2 ship builds on the same card? I would like to use these cards as a drafting variant.

14 hours ago, Hinnyboy said:

Astonishing work!

Maybe too much to ask for, but is it possible for you to add an option to include the x2 ship builds on the same card? I would like to use these cards as a drafting variant.

I can see that working for two Alpha Squadron TIE Interceptors... but some of the VCX/Shuttle builds would break the format - too many upgrades. I’ll see what I can do...

15 hours ago, Hinnyboy said:

Astonishing work!

Instead of two ships being on one card, I'd suggest having the main card (like the VCX) be draftable and have a mark that reminds you to pull the second card out of the "reserve" pile when it is drafted. The second ships would not have a back like the other cards so drafting it by mistake wouldn't occur. Trying to put two cards in one would risk losing the aesthetic.

Thank you for your positive and well executed contribution to this forum and the X-wing community.

Great work, wish there were more threads like this on here!

I have finished updating all Rebel/Empire/Scum quick builds to match the 21 Jan 2019 update (I did FO/Resistance a few days ago). I also caught a few errors and fixed those as well. If anyone notices any discrepancy between the officially printed quick builds and what QBSB shows, please let me know!

Side bar: I've got a few quick builds in QBSB that are from promo cards... like Iden Versio with the lock action and torpedoes. These builds aren't in the "official" Quick Build Reference PDF's but they are FFG products that they printed and handed out. Should QBSB try to include these?

17 minutes ago, J1mBob said:

I have finished updating all Rebel/Empire/Scum quick builds to match the 21 Jan 2019 update (I did FO/Resistance a few days ago). I also caught a few errors and fixed those as well. If anyone notices any discrepancy between the officially printed quick builds and what QBSB shows, please let me know!

Side bar: I've got a few quick builds in QBSB that are from promo cards... like Iden Versio with the lock action and torpedoes. These builds aren't in the "official" Quick Build Reference PDF's but they are FFG products that they printed and handed out. Should QBSB try to include these?

They should imo

2 hours ago, J1mBob said:

Should QBSB try to include these?

The more the merrier. Maybe differentiate them somehow in case anyone wants to pick nits about their validity?

I think the promos should be available. Differentiating them from the others somehow, an icon or separate list, is a possible idea - but nonetheless they need to be included.