Shadowrun - Paul M N Haakonsen

By Andreievitch, in Your Settings

so this was just put together as a starting point for others, I already pointed out the Nuyen problem with the writer of this book and offered ideas like 1xp unused would be equal to 5,000 nuyen for credit and he said go for it. Paul wrote this up just for the kicks of the game, as we also pointed out missing of two key careers like the adept and the technomancer which others started to work on and I put together the Adept powers for others to use, should be on the first page of this post. If you work on improving this setting please post them here for others to use and enjoy the setting as much as you have.

I just stumbled on this thread, I previously played in a Shadowrun game, not sure which edition, but I was super in love with the concept of the Character Creation Matrix - where your Stats, Race, Starting Funds etc. I was very taken with this idea - is that in this version?

On 8/29/2019 at 7:59 AM, Spartancfos said:

I just stumbled on this thread, I previously played in a Shadowrun game, not sure which edition, but I was super in love with the concept of the Character Creation Matrix - where your Stats, Race, Starting Funds etc. I was very taken with this idea - is that in this version?

Well it is mostly like all Genesys settings you pick your Meta-type then Career, spend Xp, somethings are different. but it does give the Shadowrun feel though

I have been playing SR 6e and there are a lot of problems with missing parts of rules and the need for clarification on lots of things. What all is missing from this conversion to be able to simulate fully what we were doing in SR 6e?

It is mostly based of the 5th edition with some 4th edition stuff in it. the Author left out Technomancer and physical adept which others have corrected. It is a big PDF and is quite interesting, so it does not even touch 6th edition. I do recommend downloading and looking it over to see what you think of it.

I gotta say, first pass on Cyberware looks like it isn't worth taking. A Maxed out Troll with Body of 5 uses ALL of its Essence to get Wired Reflexes 3 which only grants +3 boost to initiative? Something as extreme as "all of your essence" should be better than that IMO. Also, why would an Elf Gunslinger have less capacity for cyberware compared to a Troll Street Sam? That seems unfair/unbalanced. Everyone should just have the sam capacity. I also think augmentation wether through tech or magic should explicitly allow you to surpass the natural limit of 5. Otherwise, why take it? Augmentations are supposed to give you an edge over others.

On 5/16/2019 at 6:27 AM, lyinggod said:

Reformatted Adept powers. Let me know if I introduced any formatting errors

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14yxGrjaq9eKFFcD3exIXE3_vIdaETxSU

On 5/15/2019 at 8:56 PM, gilbur said:

Here is Adept powers and a Genesys Character sheet, Have Fun with the Setting and post what you have done so others can enjoy your creations as well....

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Whwb1bW1VbO9GFZAeUBqBn_D0jkr_9sh

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cQTnZFd1zymCsJDlSvh2WBISGbgASxDC

It's been a long time since I played Shadowrun and love the Genesys take on it. Can you help me out a little bit.

What is "Adept" and what is the pp cost?

On 8/15/2020 at 2:15 AM, iAutolycus said:

It's been a long time since I played Shadowrun and love the Genesys take on it. Can you help me out a little bit.

What is "Adept" and what is the pp cost?

Adepts are a of magic type character that gets physical changes to him/herself and pp was power points in the shadowrun system, could be xp instead, just see what you think of them, I did have fun with an original physical adept. Think of them as an old monk from 1st and 2nd edition dnd if you have ever played it.