A Simple Test

By Coyote Walks, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

Mari Murdock is very good at getting me to dislike the Scorpion even more.

Creepy stalker....

Sounds like Amoro would be ok with a Devil's Triangle........ You know that "drinking game"

Too soon?

15 minutes ago, Coyote Walks said:

Mari Murdock is very good at getting me to dislike the Scorpion even more.

Creepy stalker....

Yeah I don't remember Amoro being quite as deplorable in the old lore, but, this time around he's very clearly a villain.

The Scorpion would have no need of Asami until Hotaru returned to court

Sooo...This whole time we've been shipping Asami x Hotaru?

I really liked it. Especially because he was so angry the whole time. Really got a feel for how many grudges he holds, and how obsessed he is with Kachiko. When he turns on his brother, going to be some bad stuff going down.

9 minutes ago, ElSuave said:

Sooo...This whole time we've been shipping Asami x Hotaru?

No, that way Asami can be out Kachiko-ing it up, while Kachiko and Hotaru are off playing hooky.

So, who wanted to assassinate Kachiko, and why?

23 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Maybe we'll find out in the Scorpion book or -Clan pack?

I liked Asami. Think we'll see her as a card one day?

Also, that burn. Yojiro either doesn't realise how much he's antagonizing Aramoro, or he's so far beyond giving a **** he just doesn't care.

My main takeaway is the Asami/Aramoro relationship is confirmed and we have confirmation of their son that he shows little public regard for. Ladies and gentleman may I present the next Mantis champion.

Image result for bayushi aramasu

Edited by Schmoozies
15 minutes ago, Schmoozies said:

May main takeaway is the Asami/Aramoro relationship is confirmed and we have confirmation of their son that he shows little public regard for. Ladies and gentleman may I present the next Mantis champion.

Image result for bayushi aramasu

I would like to also point out though that he definitely seems to care for Yogo Asami though.

This is shown when he eventually relents and lets Yogo Asami contact her son via the letter through the Miya messengers.

He should be an interesting character to follow in the future.

Edited by Vulcan646

As a person who has not read the O5R fiction I was confusing Asami with Kakita Asami for a bit longer than a hot minute.

Other than that, this was a lot of fun. I assume the kid is important to the story later.

Also, this must take place prior to the imperial decree.

28 minutes ago, Spawnod said:

As a person who has not read the O5R fiction I was confusing Asami with Kakita Asami for a bit longer than a hot minute.

Other than that, this was a lot of fun. I assume the kid is important to the story later.

Also, this must take place prior to the imperial decree.

Yeah he's a bit of a deal.

http://l5r.wikia.com/wiki/Yoritomo_Aramasu

4 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Do you want the short list, or the long? ;)

I gotta say, after their basically heroic role through most of the AEG lore I was "live" for, it's nice to see Scorpion villainy getting its proper due.... while still keeping Yojiro around to leaven the mix a bit.

Also... how much of a screwup of an Otomo do you have too be to get saddled with a ronin yojimbo? :D

Edited by Shiba Gunichi
1 hour ago, Shiba Gunichi said:

Do you want the short list, or the long? ;)

I gotta say, after their basically heroic role through most of the AEG lore I was "live" for, it's nice to see Scorpion villainy getting its proper due.... while still keeping Yojiro around to leaven the mix a bit.

Also... how much of a screwup of an Otomo do you have too be to get saddled with a ronin yojimbo? :D

I'd go with the kind that's being used as a decoy in an assassination plot.

8 hours ago, Hida Jitenno said:

No, that way Asami can be out Kachiko-ing it up, while Kachiko and Hotaru are off playing hooky.

No, Hotaru's just really into three ways.

8 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Considering the assassin was in the Scorpion's pocket I'd say Shoju was trying to prevent that theorized Scorpion Civil War. Or maybe Yoshi wanted revenge for getting blocked in court that one time. Or maybe the Lion are mad about the Scorpion getting Toshi Ranbo.

4 hours ago, Shiba Gunichi said:

So much you manage to trip and fall into the Imperial Advisor. He's lucky he didn't end up in an accidental pervert scene. ...and then as Aramoro is pulling him off her he's secretly seething with jealousy.

Maybe the guy came highly recommended... by someone who owed the Scorpion a favor.

9 hours ago, Mangod said:

I liked Asami. Think we'll see her as a card one day?

jpeg

What??? :D

Yeah, from the word go, Aramoro is just a seething bundle of resentment & thuggery. Not hard to tell how he’ll jump if it comes down to a Shoju/Kachiko split. I did like his conflicted feelings about Asami. There’s something honest about his resentment when she breaks character, the compartmentalizations of thinking about his wife & son, and the instinctive move to save her.

11 hours ago, Suzume Chikahisa said:

jpeg

What??? :D

In the LCG, you know what I meant! :angry:

I gotta know though, who is her hair stylist? Because that scorpion stinger is a work of art.

21 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Given the fact that the ploy was discovered in a matter of seconds, together with the general incompetence displayed by both the assassin and the decoy, i would not be surprised if it turned out the Unicorn were behind it ;)

Just now, mirrorcat said:

Given the fact that the ploy was discovered in a matter of seconds, together with the general incompetence displayed by both the assassin and the decoy, i would not be surprised if it turned out the Unicorn were behind it ;)

Oh please it was Kachiko setting up a double blind so that she can garner sympathy

1 minute ago, Schmoozies said:

Oh please it was Kachiko setting up a double blind so that she can garner sympathy

While also serving as a mean to kill aramato for his failure/humiliation and stalker attitude (there is no need for a third wheel in the yuri ship)

12 hours ago, Mangod said:

I gotta know though, who is her hair stylist? Because that scorpion stinger is a work of art.

Tarra wears it better.

Tarragon Buckingham - Scorpion by shineyorkboy Tarragon Buckingham - Crab by shineyorkboy

Just a reminder -- Amoro is a Hida berserker. Aramoro is a Scorpion assassin.

Also, only one of them has the Yogo Curse.

9 minutes ago, SirEuain said:

Just a reminder -- Amoro is a Hida berserker. Aramoro is a Scorpion assassin.

Also, only one of them has the Yogo Curse.

Although from his behaviour in the story Aramoro may have a little of Amoro's attitude in there as well.