Thor God of Hammers!!! ?

By swordfishson, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

So... I've seen that someone converted the Guardians of the Galaxy to Star Wars characters for one of the three branches of this game. I would like to try doing this whith Thor.

I already have a mix of ideas for him, but would like to know what y'all think.

Any and all ideas are welcome, thanks everybody.

Also, does anyone know which armor the guardian with the blue lightsaber on page 72 in the FaD core rulebook has on? I think it looks pretty similar to Thor's look in infinity war.

Thanks again.

1 hour ago, swordfishson said:

Also, does anyone know which armor the guardian with the blue lightsaber on page 72 in the FaD core rulebook has on? I think it looks pretty similar to Thor's look in infinity war.

Thanks again.

He’s wearing Armored Robes.

Ok, thanks.

Marauder, padawan survivor, niman

Has both the marauder's signature talent unmatched protection, and most of the protect/unleash tree, some move and seek . Has a fully modded dragite gem lightsaber. Custom armored robes. High wil and brawn.

Edited by TheShard

Thanks for the suggestion definitely will look into that when I get back from work.

**** but he needs improved saber throw ****...

12 minutes ago, TheShard said:

**** but he needs improved saber throw ****...

Then take Sentry as well.

Honestly I don't know if I'm going to give him a lightsaber(s), if I do they would be based of the two swords he had in Ragnarok. I would like to start him with a hammer like weapon, but I don't think that they "exist" in weapon from.

Yes its just a crafted melee or power melee, dragire gem lightsabers have concussive and ripple with electricity. Ask your gm if you can just flavor it as a hammer but otherwise mechanical its a saber.

Actually I'd ask the gm to give the saber hilt innate talent improved saber throw. Meaning only with that weapon in particular you gain the talent make it a mod on the hilt.

3 hours ago, swordfishson said:

Honestly I don't know if I'm going to give him a lightsaber(s), if I do they would be based of the two swords he had in Ragnarok. I would like to start him with a hammer like weapon, but I don't think that they "exist" in weapon from.

There is a Engineers Hammer as a tool in Fully Operational, that one can also be used as a weapon. Doesn't seem to come with any hardpoints though, but packs a pretty mean punch. The lack of hardpoints is probably so you can't add a weighted head to it, those things can be pretty crazy.

1 hour ago, Darth Revenant said:

There is a Engineers Hammer as a tool in Fully Operational, that one can also be used as a weapon. Doesn't seem to come with any hardpoints though, but packs a pretty mean punch. The lack of hardpoints is probably so you can't add a weighted head to it, those things can be pretty crazy.

Of course, if you have the Tinkerer or Intuitive Improvements talents, you could add Hard Points to it.

Totally didn't know about that hammer thank you for the info. Currently I'm trying to stick to just force and Destiny (core rule book and sourcebooks).

With that, if there are no hammers in FaD then an axe(storm breaker) will work. As long as he could still throw it.

Also, after looking at the weapon opinions, and futher thought; I don't think that he will have a lightsaber at all(at least not currently). I think that the cortosis swords would be a great representation of the swords he had in Ragnarok.

Thanks again everyone,

Any comments, concerns and ideas are all still welcome.

35 minutes ago, swordfishson said:

Totally didn't know about that hammer thank you for the info. Currently I'm trying to stick to just force and Destiny (core rule book and sourcebooks).

With that, if there are no hammers in FaD then an axe(storm breaker) will work. As long as he could still throw it.

Also, after looking at the weapon opinions, and futher thought; I don't think that he will have a lightsaber at all(at least not currently). I think that the cortosis swords would be a great representation of the swords he had in Ragnarok.

Thanks again everyone,

Any comments, concerns and ideas are all still welcome.

Knights of fate has a contained energy axe. Which is basically a axe with lightsaber edge on it, which lets it act more or less like a lightsaber. You get to add brawn to the damage though, so it's pretty great for a strong character, like a certain god of thunder. Since it's a lightsaber it can also be used with saber throw for those moments when you want to toss your weapon and then have it return.

Grab that, get to force rating 3, get some fetching burning eyes and unleash force power. Then you're well on your way to "UNLIMITED POWER!!!!" and you will be able to fling lightning with abandon and kill that purple Dowutin who killed your brother.

Why the force rating of three and would you be so kind as to send the stats for the hammer.

Thanks

Just now, swordfishson said:

Why the force rating of three and would you be so kind as to send the stats for the hammer.

Thanks

You need a force rating of 3 to get the Protect/Unleash power which lets you shoot lightning, and you're a rather poor thundergod without lightning crackling at your fingertips.

Anyway, Engineer hammer from Fully Operation, page 47;

Melee Damage: +3 Critical: 5 Range: Engaged Cumbersome 3 Disorient 1 Knockdown

It's a pretty handy little thing.

For the Contained Energy Axe you can find that in Knights of Fate, page 45;

Lightsaber Damage: +3 Critical: 2 Range: Engaged 3 HP Breach 1 Cumbersome 3 Sunder Vicious 3

The axe should work pretty well if you want something akin to Stormbreaker.

YOU, my friend have hit the nail on the head the axe sounds perfect and the ability to shoot lightning critical part for the Mr. Thor.

I literally just got up and "danced"in excitement.

23 hours ago, Darth Revenant said:

Lightsaber  Damage: +3 Critical: 2 Range: Engaged 3 HP Breach 1 Cumbersome 3  Sunder Vicious 3 

Damage +3 means "3+brawn," right? Like a brawl weapon?

5 minutes ago, StriderZessei said:

Damage +3 means "3+brawn," right? Like a brawl weapon?

Yes. That is correct.

So what determines if a weapon can be thrown with the force?

8 minutes ago, swordfishson said:

So what determines if a weapon can be thrown with the force?

If you mean with the Saber Throw talent, the only requirement is that the weapon be one that uses the Lightsaber skill for attacks.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

Ok, thank you.

If you have a go at it then I would probably start with something from the Warrior Career, either Shii-Cho or Juggernaut. Then get Armorer from Keeping the Peace for access to Falling Avalanche that lets you add your brawn to the damage of a lightsaber attack, so you can get that nice brawn in the attack twice over. Armorer also has saber throw, so you can start throwing that axe around, only out to medium range though. Then round it out with a last tree of your choice to get up to force rating 3 and start tossing around lightning.