By xbeaker, in X-Wing Squad Builder

3 minutes ago, xbeaker said:

I said that

ok

e: hey we got a dedicated subforum

Edited by GreenDragoon

add no 2nd missile slot for K-wing and no Boba pilot under "Second Edition"

Just now, SuperMarino said:

This is why a beta release should have been made at GenCon when the products were first available to some. That would have given them a test audience of people who would actually use it, and give them a lot of time with a lot of feedback to refine the errors before the wide release today. Even if we all had access to it and could do what we are doing right now weeks ago, it could have been much improved before the general public went to use it.

This was rushed out..... the bugs the missed are not weird side cases a single user testing it would have found many.

Getting us the app sooner would have done little as my guess is they had nothing even close to workable a few weeks ago if this is what we are getting today.

What they needed was more time (or talent) not more testing.

Marauder title does not add a gunner slot as it should

3 minutes ago, Icelom said:

What they needed was literally any testing.

fixed it for you lol

Pretty minor in the list of bugs, but the “share to FFG forums” feature isn’t formatted for FFG Forums:

<b>TIE/ln Fighter - “Howlrunner” - 43</b></br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;•“Howlrunner” - <i>Obsidian Leader</i> (40)</br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Elusive (3)</br> </br> <b>TIE/ln Fighter - Academy Pilot - 23</b></br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Academy Pilot - <i></i> (23)</br> </br> <b>TIE/ln Fighter - Academy Pilot - 23</b></br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Academy Pilot - <i></i> (23)</br> </br> <b>TIE/ln Fighter - Academy Pilot - 23</b></br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Academy Pilot - <i></i> (23)</br> </br> <b>TIE Advanced x1 - Darth Vader - 87</b></br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;•Darth Vader - <i>Black Leader</i> (70)</br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Fire-Control System (3)</br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Afterburners (8)</br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Sense (6)</br> </br> <b>Total: 199</br> </b></br> <a href="https://squadbuilder.fantasyflightgames.com/squad-preview/5aa46469-2cec-46f3-891e-547156811bf3">View in the X-Wing Squad Builder</a>

Just now, Herowannabe said:

Pretty minor in the list of bugs, but the “share to FFG forums” feature isn’t formatted for FFG Forums:

<b>TIE/ln Fighter - “Howlrunner” - 43</b></br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;•“Howlrunner” - <i>Obsidian Leader</i> (40)</br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Elusive (3)</br> </br> <b>TIE/ln Fighter - Academy Pilot - 23</b></br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Academy Pilot - <i></i> (23)</br> </br> <b>TIE/ln Fighter - Academy Pilot - 23</b></br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Academy Pilot - <i></i> (23)</br> </br> <b>TIE/ln Fighter - Academy Pilot - 23</b></br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Academy Pilot - <i></i> (23)</br> </br> <b>TIE Advanced x1 - Darth Vader - 87</b></br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;•Darth Vader - <i>Black Leader</i> (70)</br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Fire-Control System (3)</br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Afterburners (8)</br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Sense (6)</br> </br> <b>Total: 199</br> </b></br> <a href="https://squadbuilder.fantasyflightgames.com/squad-preview/5aa46469-2cec-46f3-891e-547156811bf3">View in the X-Wing Squad Builder</a>

While minor...

That might be the most hilarious bug.

1st off if you are using this forum to ***** about why everything is so bad stop. They created this to compile a list of problems to help make the web app better, get a clue.

Whoever from FFG moderates this you may want to include a wanted format as to how things can be reported in an orderly manner.

New Squad- Second Edition there are ships missing namely Luke that is in the Core set and Wedge that is in the expansion that according to what should be in there is not.

Shield upgrade and hull upgrade do not have any cost when building.

Half points is not including shields only hull when calculating.

Thanks for all your hard work guys to make a game that is fun to play.

If ugly looking like something a 10 year old whooped up counts as a bug, that is one.

Scum bad stuff:

- Boba Fett and Amon Azzameen (Firespray) and Outer Rim Pioneer (YT-1300) are missing in action

- Marauder title doesn't add the Gunner slot

1 minute ago, Vector Strike said:

Scum bad stuff:

- Boba Fett and Amon Azzameen (Firespray) and Outer Rim Pioneer (YT-1300) are missing in action

- Marauder title doesn't add the Gunner slot  

those pilots are present. just under extended

1 minute ago, EvilEwok83 said:

those pilots are present. just under extended

Oh, didn't know that. Thanks!

But the Outer Rim Pioneer is missing even from the card browser

Edited by Vector Strike

Seriously, now been trying to use it for 5 mins but this is HORRIBLE. Almost don't know where to start. How do I add a ship that is not part of an expansion? I cannot add my falcon for example.

(found - have to create "expansion" squad apparently)

Edited by wijkd

My saved lists just all disapeared. Maybe there is an incoming update, maybe there is yet another bug.

Save 1 title doesn't add a torpedo slot.

By the way, if the purpose of this thread is to collate bug reports it would be more useful if people didn't use it for side conversations.

Hey but its still better then the Obama care website launch ;)

VARIABLE COST UPGRADES ARE ZERO ZIP NULL NADA ACROSS THE BOARD

57 minutes ago, SuperMarino said:

This is why a beta release should have been made at GenCon when the products were first available to some. That would have given them a test audience of people who would actually use it, and give them a lot of time with a lot of feedback to refine the errors before the wide release today. Even if we all had access to it and could do what we are doing right now weeks ago, it could have been much improved before the general public went to use it.

There is also the part where they seem to have left out many sorts of things that are common among the fan made squad builders. You'd think they would have been able to make a beautiful listbuilder with all the examples for this endeavor already about.

Marauder Title not adding Gunner slot.

34 minutes ago, Danur Longbeard said:

Hey but its still better then the Obama care website launch ;)

This is still true even though Obamacare’s site has been out for several years! :lol:

Veteran turret gunner not showing up in wave locked, even though it is in the y wing pack. A wing and k wing showing up in wave locked and they haven't bee's released

I can't exit the android app via the "back" button. I have to hit "home" to get out of it.

3 hours ago, xbeaker said:

This is a web app.. seriously, how did these errors make it live?

As a fellow web developer, either some one didn't do their job with version control or they didn't test it externally.

I'm not sure if this was a team build or just one programmer but for a market so large this should have been a multi-person team for agile development and could have been built in 3-4 months, including the external UI/UX.

Items I dislike so far:

1. Poor Navigation bar, I'm lucky I clicked on the logo in the top left to get to the main page.

2. No actual native programming. The end users will more than likely be using their mobile devices so why would your mobile design not even work.

3. Database was not filled out correctly. In the image below I was able to start building a squad but was limited to 5 ships in the Scum and Villainy area (The Z-95's are missing a few pilots as well). I don't know if they are using a SQL or NoSQL database but the seeding should have been checked since this is what you want your app to be about.

4. No app on either Google Play store or the Apple App Store..... If you don't build the native on the phone you could make sure your links to the App stores are working for a redirect.

5. There should be a user account settings area in this application since people may want to change their email or other things.

image.thumb.png.af6337069a414ddb27e4ea2b41c2d2a0.png

Question : Should what I've listed as being 'owned' auto-filter my available upgrades when building out a squad? If so, then that's definitely a bug - as I'm seeing lots of upgrades I don't own.

Y-Wing Problems (the only ship I own with Turrets, Gunners, and Bombs... I'm new to the game):

- Gunner - Doesn't list the card that comes with this expansion (Ion Cannon Turret). But does list three others that don't.

- Turret - Lists 'Dorsal Turret', not included in expansion

- Devices - Get the error "Can not find any upgrades that meet current squad requirements." (neither Photon bomb nor Seismic Charges are shown)

U-Wing Problems :

- Talent - Missing 'Trick Shot'

- Sensor - Missing 'Advanced Sensors'

- Crew - Missing Saw Gerrera and Magva Yarro

- Pilots - Only Magva Yarro is correct. All others listed are wrong or completely missing

Edited by RatDog