Web App Bugs

By xbeaker, in X-Wing Squad Builder

In just 1/2 an hour of playing around I have fond the following:

Varients - Battle of Yavin seems to give the cards from Playing Favorites
Playing Favorites seems to have the pilots from Battle of Yavin
No Glory has only named pilots
(for those keeping score.. that is all three of the varients that are incorrect!)

Cards - Missiles, Torpedoes, Turrets, and Cannons only list 1 range zone
Cannons and Turrets have the torpedo symbol saying they do not get range bonuses
Variable costed mods (stealth device, Shield upgrade, Hull upgrade) are showing as free

This is a web app.. seriously, how did these errors make it live?

Edited by xbeaker

Half point threshold on ships are showing for hull value only, not including shields....intended? (Show by sharing via PDF creation)

Edited by RStan

The PDF export claims its a newer version then the webpage

image.png.f6ddcc393d770a04f9d0a6b88b182f00.png

image.png.f71d49c0b9c0ed11c876f8633c3c2d8d.png

5 minutes ago, xbeaker said:

This is a web app.. seriously, how did these errors make it live?

Lots of of internal testing, very little external testing with the actual users who always find your bugs in the first 5 minutes.

1 minute ago, Glucose98 said:

Lots of of internal testing, very little external testing with the actual users who always find your bugs in the first 5 minutes.

I am a programmer.. If I sent a job for internal testing that had this many clear errors, I'd be written up. If it made it to the end user, people would be fired.

I made my first squad and cost for hull and shield upgrade were zero.

2 minutes ago, xbeaker said:

I am a programmer.. If I sent a job for internal testing that had this many clear errors, I'd be written up. If it made it to the end user, people would be fired.

I'm also a programmer, and I don't have the same outcome :)

Very annoying: the available ship list and the squadron ships are inside scrollable boxes. But since the web page is higher than the browser window, you end up with nested scrollbars i.e. you have to scroll the box then the page to reach items.

(tested on three different screen size)

What about the missiles? They all show just one number for range, e.g. Prockets has a 1, Barrage has a 2.

3 minutes ago, xbeaker said:

The errors so far are large and blatant...

A lot of these should never even got to internal testing it should have been caught when the code was written.

It's really sad....

I would like to report the website builder as a bug.

All of it.

So the reason we didn't get the app early is that it wasn't ready, but we get it today because the physical product releases today.

It's a shame that it is so buggy, but I kind of expected it too.

15 minutes ago, RStan said:

Half point threshold on ships are showing for hull value only, not including shields....intended? (Show by sharing via PDF creation)

Interesting choice if that’s intentional. But I bet a programming shortcut is to blame there.

I do feel if the developers had played around with it for any amount of time, they could have caught a lot of this. Don’t you think Alex and Frank should have taken a day to QC this.

Edited by Samwise Gamgee

Impatient X-wingers: "WHERE IS APP I WANT IT NOW IT IS HAS BEEN THE 13th IN NEW ZEALAND FOR HOURS NOW FFG PLZ"

Also impatient X-wingers: "WHY DOES APP HAVE BUGS ON RELEASE OBVIOUSLY RUSHED FFG PLZ"

A common go live bug is pointing the production site to the wrong database (e.g. a test database). I mean, it's one of the obvious ones that you shouldn't make, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what's happening here since the functionality seems to be more or less fine but the wrong stuff is showing up (or not showing up) everywhere.

15 minutes ago, Glucose98 said:

The PDF export claims its a newer version then the webpage

image.png.f6ddcc393d770a04f9d0a6b88b182f00.png

image.png.f71d49c0b9c0ed11c876f8633c3c2d8d.png

so my outside hope is they launched an old version to live, and will be able to quickly switch it out to the correct version..

We can dream cant we?

Hull Upgrade, Shield upgrade and Engine upgrade are 0 points.

Edited by Ryuneke

For something released to the customers this is pretty bad :(

1 minute ago, LordBlades said:

For something released to the customers this is pretty bad :(

I think they had to throw it out on 2.0 release date

They should have just rick rolled us. At least I would have laughed.

UnfinishedFreshEuropeanpolecat-size_rest

20 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

What about the missiles? They all show just one number for range, e.g. Prockets has a 1, Barrage has a 2.

I said that

1 minute ago, Ryuneke said:

I think they had to throw it out on 2.0 release date

Even assuming they were not already working on it the moment 2.0 was announced, they still had 4-5 months to work on it. That amount of time is huge for a web app IMO.

This is why a beta release should have been made at GenCon when the products were first available to some. That would have given them a test audience of people who would actually use it, and give them a lot of time with a lot of feedback to refine the errors before the wide release today. Even if we all had access to it and could do what we are doing right now weeks ago, it could have been much improved before the general public went to use it.