Next expansion?

By Rogue 4, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

11 hours ago, FrogTrigger said:

HOWEVER, right now, there is only the incentive to buy the core + Jabba for App only players.. so I can see this being a viable sales strategy.

Well, other than the fact that each other product they purchase will add figures and cards that can be used in the app.

Only the tiles in the boxes (and skirmish content) would remain unusable until it gets incorporated somehow.

We may have miss a "blister wave" during the year as the cycle was usually box / blister / box / blister.

Box are the only way to provided tile and create new map so FFG need to realsed once a year. But this mean also the next expansion might be next year ?

I do think that there is still some materials to create content with rebels and Rogue One!

I would love to see a big box expansion that flipped the sides where you led Imperial "Heros" on missions against the Rebels. Besides the potential to be a fun campaign it also gives the designers a chance to expand the Empire's unique figures and give Rebels another type of trooper or two.

Also a Rogue One themed box would be stellar.

I keep seeing people hoping for Rogue One- logically and thematically, I guess for allies you could do Cassian, K-2SO and Saw Guerrera. None of the rest on the Rebel side had any part in the Rebellion before Rogue One, and certainly not after. (Should that be spoiler tagged...?)

All that the Empire could add that we don’t already have is shore troopers, generic security droids and Krennic.

I guess it could work as far as wave size goes. Put the troopers and droids in a small box expansion with a couple of new heroes, and put Krennic, Saw, Cassian and K-2SO in blisters as allies and villains.

2 hours ago, MarekMandalore said:

I keep seeing people hoping for Rogue One- logically and thematically, I guess for allies you could do Cassian, K-2SO and Saw Guerrera. None of the rest on the Rebel side had any part in the Rebellion before Rogue One, and certainly not after. (Should that be spoiler tagged...?)

All that the Empire could add that we don’t already have is shore troopers, generic security droids and Krennic.

I guess it could work as far as wave size goes. Put the troopers and droids in a small box expansion with a couple of new heroes, and put Krennic, Saw, Cassian and K-2SO in blisters as allies and villains.

It would be very similar to the Rebels box, and one can argue which was more popular. Rogue One hitting the main stream audience, Rebels being a kids show that became popular with the Star Wars faithful.

Box components:

Alliance: 2 Rebel heroes
Empire: 4 Shore Troopers (2 regular, 2 elite)
Scum: 4 ... pick one of the races/characters from Saw's group, perhaps some of the two tubes guys. (2 regular, 2 elite)

Blister packs:

Alliance Ally Packs: Jyn Erso/Cassian Andor/K-2S0/Chirrut Imwe/Baze Malbus/Bodhi Rook (not saying they do all of these, just what we have to pick from)
Scum Villain Pack: Saw Gerrara
Empire Villain Pack: Director Krennic

Scarif Beach tiles.

It really does bring a lot to the table, including a new location we've never been. I think it is very plausible that we get a Rogue One small box, especially after seeing Rebels get one. I believe an argument can be made for Saw in the scum faction as he is more of a radical than a rebel, I think thematically it can work.

But realistically right now, I think the next release we see will be a blister wave similar to the Jawa wave, with a fix for Boba.

Edited by FrogTrigger

Given the “villains” are run by the Imperial player in campaign, Saw would be an interesting fit- maybe the IP assigns him to the Rebels as an “ally”, but his actions generate Threat for the IP...?

Scariff tiles would be a nice addition, and any of the characters from the Rebel side could be interesting additions. I just don’t think most of them would fit well, narratively. Then again, we already have Obi-wan, and he also was involved in only one mission with the Rebellion (that we know of), and there his involvement was brief. So, I guess if Obi-wan fits, why not Jyn or the Guardians of the Whills?

I don't see how the Rebels characters fit into this, but the Rogue One wouldn't.

The Rebels characters were never part of the major alliance until after the series was over, in the epilogue. For the majority of the series they were their own independent cell. Rogue One crew was a direct tie to the formation of the Rebel Alliance, literally the act they performed set the course of the events that took us through the original trilogy.

In my opinion, nothing is more Imperial Assault than Rogue One, lol. The whole movie was like an IA campaign.

Edited by FrogTrigger
4 minutes ago, FrogTrigger said:

In my opinion, nothing is more Imperial Assault than Rogue One, lol. The whole movie was like an IA campaign.

Haha! I felt the same way!

6 hours ago, MarekMandalore said:

Given the “villains” are run by the Imperial player in campaign, Saw would be an interesting fit- maybe the IP assigns him to the Rebels as an “ally”, but his actions generate Threat for the IP...?

They don't always have to be villains. The Jabba's Realm campaign (both physical and app) play with this mechanic a little. (I won't say more for fear of spoiling things too much)

Suffice it to say, you can have a mission where Saw, a Merc figure, is treated as an ally. (or even Jyn Erso, Baze and Chirrut)

You could even do that with Bodhi as an Imperial, but treated as an ally.

Edited by Majushi

Wait a second, we are all forgetting about the most important character they skipped in Jabba's Realm...Bidlo Kwerve, the head that saved the galaxy...