Wave 12 Wishlist

By Sharkey1337, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

21 hours ago, coogee78 said:

While an Endor box would be nice to get at some point, I notice that Descent got a campaign book which used the core and an expansion. I would be interested in that if they did it using the core and one or more of the expansions. It could go along side some blisters that tie into it. Say a Bespin or Twin Suns campaign with some tie in imperial, scum and rebel figures. The campaign could have tokens and cards for the blisters. We have lots of good tiles already and it would be good to get a bit more use out of them, especially these that have not been used by the app yet.

That is a great idea...but I think it could even be done as an electronic expansion (or both).

I think it would also open new options not yet covered. I am thinking rebel pilots (like Biggs), generic astromech droids (neutral faction so they can be used by anybody BUT don’t benefit from some existing benefits), and maybe some of the colourful background characters from the Cantina.

Next to the usual (like scouts) I‘d love to see Dr. Aphra as a scum ally (I mean we got bt1 and 000 already, so why not her too) and something like Inferno Squad as a counterpart to the spectre cell. Another Inquisitor as well as ma boi Tarkin would be very cool too. Else there is always some cool stuff in books. Ciena Ree or Thane Kyrell for example. I‘d take this all over r1 stuff.

15 hours ago, Eddie said:

After reading Fortress Vader, I want a Mustafar set, lava tiles and maybe add the burning condition...

What generic troops would the imperials have here? An idea could be to add this in a r1 themed box. Have some Scarif tiles and some Mustafar tiles. Then generics could be Shoretroopers.

Edited by MagicSevi

Or generic tie pilots and technicians. Those guys were in all the movies running around in the background of Imperial facilities. Give one a droid repair ability, the other a bonus dice to an attack in range and viola unique Imperials that could see some use without power creep.

On 2/21/2019 at 2:12 PM, MagicSevi said:

Smearing tons and tons of paint on it to cover up the grainy surface will make it quite hard to get pretty results. So I guess you gotta live with the surface texture or with a hard time painting :P

There could be another way.

I've seen much better painters than myself handle difficult mold-lines by using a coat of brush-on sealer (I'm not sure if it was gloss or matte) over the line. A layer of sealer could smooth over the layers of the printing.

On 2/24/2019 at 9:12 AM, MagicSevi said:

What generic troops would the imperials have here? An idea could be to add this in a r1 themed box. Have some Scarif tiles and some Mustafar tiles. Then generics could be Shoretroopers.

Lava or Magma troopers? But mixing with Scarif and having Shoretroopers would be nice as well.

Flametroopers might work for both tile types and could use the new burning condition... Except why would you bring fire to a lava planet...

Edited by Eddie
On 2/25/2019 at 12:27 AM, Strawhat said:

There could be another way.

I've seen much better painters than myself handle difficult mold-lines by using a coat of brush-on sealer (I'm not sure if it was gloss or matte) over the line. A layer of sealer could smooth over the layers of the printing.

For Stormtroopers and some bases I use the gloss varnish from Citadel. Very thick stuff so it might be worth a try. I suspect that you should do this before priming in any case because plain painting over varnish is a pain.

On 2/24/2019 at 6:42 PM, hosercanadian said:

Or generic tie pilots and technicians. Those guys were in all the movies running around in the background of Imperial facilities. Give one a droid repair ability, the other a bonus dice to an attack in range and viola unique Imperials that could see some use without power creep.

Love that. Pilots for both, rebels and imperials would be very cool stuff. Maybe a pilot hero too. This could work in a post-Endor scenario like in the old X-Wing books. Now I wanna do a home-made campaign like that lol; mix this up with some Thrawn campaign content with Mara Jade and Talon Karrde as scum units and Rukh‘s there too. Glorious :P

18 hours ago, Eddie said:

Lava or Magma troopers? But mixing with Scarif and having Shoretroopers would be nice as well.

Flametroopers might work for both tile types and could use the new burning condition... Except why would you bring fire to a lava planet...

Well the heavy troopers kinda look like magma troopers (that‘s why I put them on lava bases). Flametroopers would be awesome though.

Edited by MagicSevi
5 hours ago, Eddie said:

What else you gonna bring? Ice? It's a frickin planet of molten lava.

At least the Flame Troopers would be sufficiently protected from heat. (or operating those flamethrowers would get too hard)

12 hours ago, Pollux85 said:

What else you gonna bring? Ice? It's a frickin planet of molten lava.

Turn the burn to 11! No, I like the idea. Mustafar - Scarif with flametroopers and shoretroopers please. (and feel free to include Dr Aphra, some rogue one characters, Cad Bane, Aurra Sing and Asajj Ventress as well).

Not sure on the scum part though, the Mustafar natives don't fit on Scarif, though it would make for some awesome creatures.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Turn the burn to 11! No, I like the idea. Mustafar - Scarif with flametroopers and shoretroopers please. (and feel free to include Dr Aphra, some rogue one characters, Cad Bane, Aurra Sing and Asajj Ventress as well).

Not sure on the scum part though, the Mustafar natives don't fit on Scarif, though it would make for some awesome creatures.

For scum we could have Dr Evazan (that ugly dude from ep4’s cantina scene who‘s in r1 for a very short time) and his buddy Ponda Baba (Aqualish guy also from ep4). Or some of those priests we can see running around on Jedha (they don‘t have to be bad guys necessarily; take for example the wing guards, those aren’t evil :P)

As for prequels stuff: I‘m strongly in favor of finishing galactic civil war stuff up first. There is still so much left they could give us here

22 hours ago, MagicSevi said:

For Stormtroopers and some bases I use the gloss varnish from Citadel. Very thick stuff so it might be worth a try. I suspect that you should do this before priming in any case because plain painting over varnish is a pain.

Love that. Pilots for both, rebels and imperials would be very cool stuff. Maybe a pilot hero too. This could work in a post-Endor scenario like in the old X-Wing books. Now I wanna do a home-made campaign like that lol; mix this up with some Thrawn campaign content with Mara Jade and Talon Karrde as scum units and Rukh‘s there too. Glorious :P

Well the heavy troopers kinda look like magma troopers (that‘s why I put them on lava bases). Flametroopers would be awesome though.

I've wanted them as a trooper variant since before Jabba's Realm.

I guess we got Terro with a flamethrower, but that's just not the same thing.