Reporting from Gen Con

By NoShieldsAllGuts, in Battle Reports

Thanks for the Gen-Con news and pictures! the Star Wars Legion miniatures look great with awesome paint jobs, a real joy to look at. I do agree with you that the tables looked pretty sparse and could use a lot more cover. You feel bad for those who took the time to paint up their mini's and spend their hard earned money to get to any event only to be at a disadvantage because nobody really took the time to put any thought into the tables.

2 hours ago, Son of Skywalker said:

Thanks for the Gen-Con news and pictures! the Star Wars Legion miniatures look great with awesome paint jobs, a real joy to look at. I do agree with you that the tables looked pretty sparse and could use a lot more cover. You feel bad for those who took the time to paint up their mini's and spend their hard earned money to get to any event only to be at a disadvantage because nobody really took the time to put any thought into the tables.

Hi, thank you for reading - on the contrary, I think there was plenty of thought and heart put into the terrain that was on the table, there was just not enough of it.

Nice write-up. Transportation can be a problem when traveling to a convention. My group runs events at the Los Angeles conventions, and we often have several cars transporting terrain. We also borrow terrain from other players we know.

Have the standings been posted anywhere?

I'd like to know the Faction Spread and see if are glaring out-performance indicators.

On 8/6/2018 at 7:00 AM, Versch said:

Have the standings been posted anywhere?

I'd like to know the Faction Spread and see if are glaring out-performance indicators.

I don't know if the Standings are anywhere, but I know a rough breakdown of what won. Thursday was Veers/AT-ST, Friday was Veers/6 corps/3bike and Saturday was Luke/Leia with concussion fleets and flamers.

10 hours ago, NoShieldsAllGuts said:

I don't know if the Standings are anywhere, but I know a rough breakdown of what won. Thursday was Veers/AT-ST, Friday was Veers/6 corps/3bike and Saturday was Luke/Leia with concussion fleets and flamers.

Ryan's friend here: he dropped the concussion grenades and used rotary on the at-rt on saturday

Luke Skywalker 160
Force Push, Force Reflexes,
Leia Organa 90

Fleet Troopers 44
Scatter Gun Trooper, Fleet Trooper,
Fleet Troopers 44
Scatter Gun Trooper, Fleet Trooper,
Rebel Troopers 40
Rebel Trooper,
Rebel Troopers 40
Rebel Trooper,
Rebel Troopers 40
Rebel Trooper,
Rebel Troopers 40

AT-RT 55
AT-RT Rotary Blaster,
AT-RT 55
AT-RT Rotary Blaster,

Thank you for the correct information, I will update the post accordingly! I included Ryan's Thursday list because that's when I interviewed him. :)

The list mentioned above comes out to 801 points on Tabletop Admiral, is this correct?

http://tabletopadmiral.com/legion/rebel/p04u09u0auEMp0buEMuEMuEMp0cu1fu23uEMuEMp0cu1fu23uEMuEMp06uEMu0cuEMuEMp06uEMu0cuEMuEMp06uEMu0cuEMuEMp06uEMu0cuEMuEMp01uEMu04p01uEMu04c08

No, there's an extra rebel trooper in there. Take one out for a 9 point bid.

Thanks for posting!

Thanks for the interview! It makes the victory feel just a bit more big when blogs take an interest.

Wow that’s not nearly enough terrain!