Fan Creations League Stories and Comments

By Avi_dreader, in Fan Creations

Avi_dreader said:

Heh... You're forgetting one other thing... Zoey starts with a cross, and Mary starts with a cross, and if that's not enough, William almost definitely has enough trophies to trade for a blessing. Will 6 really isn't so bad :')

It's not that bad, but Will 6 implies Fight 1, not the best thing to start a battle with monsters. Anyway, it can be fix. First of all, kill a couple of dudes to have her PS passed. Then go shopping for Duke. 5 Sanity, 7 stamina isn't that bad. Try to reach Scenario 5 with a Healing stone between someone's possessions and it's done. And then go shopping for - cannot remember his name - an Ally from CotDP, boosting your Combat (+2, if I remember correctly)

Avi_dreader said:

Regarding the Ds. No, I'd never noticed that. My only semi-plausible sounding explanation is that in English, all evil must start with a D to alliterate with the Devil.

lengua.gif

Avi_dreader said:

The rest of this post is kindof a spoiler for how to play Zoey in that scenario, so, only read it if you want to win on your first try for sure :')

I think I also had her rush to get a combat boosting ally (making her even more effective and reliable). Also, Zoey's monster trophies are worth a lot (they still have their toughness outside of combat) so trading for an ally isn't that difficult for her.

Don't worry, it's not a spoiler. I perfectly understood this, as soon as I read that the monsters she has to fight have their toughness decreased by three only for combat purposes. A very clear message ::smiling::

Avi_dreader said:

She can handle it. Personally, I beat the scenario with almost no use of Visions, but it'd be even easier had I tried to use it. I think it's only very difficult if you try to play it like a normal game of Arkham (in which case you will be brutally massacred).

I had this strange feeling too. No way, I know you cannot really control the board, just trying to avoid things going bad too quickly. Anyway, it'd be interesting to try. Even if I still feel some of this games are just too hard, I really enjoy the way you're forced to think about different strategies. You understand better the game, and that's important. At least for me ::laughing::
Anyway, no chance this week to play again Scenario 2 (for tonight a A game of thrones evening is scheduled), so next w-end we're going to face Glaaki again (and hopefully we'll be a little more lucky. It's amazing that two weeks ago we played a game against Hastur + King in Yellow and Patrice - I mean, Patrice - had TWO press passes and in the last game, with very few clues and no Patrice, we drew carrots and cabbage. Oh, well...)

Personally I'd rather go for a will/fight boosting ally than duke (that way hopefully you won't lose any sanity at all).

I thought it was a clear message too! But you never know ;')

Anyways, I hope that people (or at least you) enjoy trying the scenarios and having their limits pushed a bit.

I may have seemed disappeared lately, but I've really been playing loads of Starcraft. I just got the highest possible rank in 3v3 today :'/ which I find annoying since my rank can only drop from now on.

Avi_dreader said:

Personally I'd rather go for a will/fight boosting ally than duke (that way hopefully you won't lose any sanity at all).

Anyways, I hope that people (or at least you) enjoy trying the scenarios and having their limits pushed a bit.

I may have seemed disappeared lately, but I've really been playing loads of Starcraft. I just got the highest possible rank in 3v3 today :'/ which I find annoying since my rank can only from now on.

::laughing::

In the mean time, I'm working on some ideas for an Atlach-Nacha herald :-) Next w-end I'll be able to post something about the re-match with Glaaki

Julia said:

Avi_dreader said:

I may have seemed disappeared lately, but I've really been playing loads of Starcraft. I just got the highest possible rank in 3v3 today :'/ which I find annoying since my rank can only from now on.

::laughing::

In the mean time, I'm working on some ideas for an Atlach-Nacha herald :-) Next w-end I'll be able to post something about the re-match with Glaaki

Please don't say the name Atl... You know who! It freaks me out! Especially with a herald.

Heh... Just wait until you see the Atlach scenario. It's... Scary.

I'm looking forward to seeing the herald, but don't post it until you're satisfied with it.

Avi_dreader said:

Please don't say the name Atl... You know who! It freaks me out! Especially with a herald.

I'm looking forward to seeing the herald, but don't post it until you're satisfied with it.

Don't worry, I usually take my time (maybe too much time) for this kind of things ::laughing::

And yep, can't wait to see your Atlach scenario ::scared but thrilled::

Julia said:

Avi_dreader said:

Don't worry, I usually take my time (maybe too much time) for this kind of things ::laughing::

And yep, can't wait to see your Atlach scenario ::scared but thrilled::

Heh... I made a strong investigator pool for that group of scenarios just because I was so worried about that last scenario. I'm not sure if I'd go for a sealing win though (I might go for final combat, I haven't decided yet). Then again, that kind of feels like cheating with such a large team. Sealing it is, I guess. ::Sigh::

Ok, rematch Julia vs Scenario 2; this time I used six investigators (Mary, Jacqueline, William, Norman, Carolyn and Wendy), all boards (I did not abuse of any encounter in Kingsport) and was a little more lucky with the starting equipment. Three servants and three cultist in play, moving from their location as a consequence of Mythos zero. A gate opened at the Witch-house, spawning a Byakee, and then the game started. Carolyn (armed with Brass knuckles and a Shotgun) moved to the Miskatonic University street for an easy kill of the first couple of monsters, Norman swapped his position with the Servant of Glaaki in the Village street and killed the Cultist, while Sister Mary tossed her Holy water to William before he went into the streets to fight the third couple of Servant and Cultist. William poured the Holy water on the poor Servant, who was absolved from his sins and returned to the AO sheet, and then decided to use his Petrifying solution on the Cultist. For some misterious reasons, the combat ended with the Cultist still alive and William spending some time at the local Hospital. Sister Mary thought that, in absence of Holy water, a Dreaded curse of Azathoth could have been the winning move, and so she marched into the street and nuked the Cultist. Everything more or less under control. Mythos one, the Byakee moved into the Sky, and so Wendy was able to enter Yuggoth.

The following rounds were a little harder, basically because the initial fights damaged a little the Sanity of many, but in a 5 round time, we were able to send 3 investigators in OWs, exploring their way home, with enough clues / Elder signs for putting the first three seals on the main board. The game was pretty tough, but we were able to keep it under control, basically because of Norman's Mi-go brain case, that helped a lot while moving monsters away from the Innsmouth & Dunwhich boards, and because of Carolyn's Carcosan page, that allowed us to move quite quickly Norman's find gate and the most useful weapons.

Besides, the Dark man of Wizard HIll gave us a little help, with some bucks and some clues.

Half of the game things started to be more difficult, basically because Jacqueline drew a Madness forbidding her to gain clue tokens in any way but during the AE Phase, and William drew Xenophobia, so travelling in OW was a little more difficult. A rumor came up (Return the old ways) and a gate burst removed the seal in Independence square. A Dark young, two Deep ones and a Nightgaunt were guarding a gate to R'lyeh open at the Unvisited isle (too crowded for being really unvisited ::laughing..), and a Mummy and a Dimensional shambler defended a gate open at the Historical society. Another gate was open in Innsmouth, with a Colour out of space dancing between the columns of the Exoteric order of Dagon, and another gate was open at Hibb's roadhouse. Things started to go badly, when Sister Mary, with 2 sanity and 2 stamina, decided she had to trust God and enter a gate. The Nightgaunt at the Unvisited isle made her going throught the portal without having to worry about the other monsters and in a couple of turns she was back, having lost only 1 sanity during the whole jounrey through R'lyeh. 3 monsters still sitting on the gate (the Nightgaunt went for a walk in a different area), one die to close & seal. In the utmost silence of my kitchen, a nun rolled the only die she had. 6. Gate closed and she had enough clues for sealing, so the Deep ones were returned to the cup and another major location was sealed.

We took a deep breath. 4 seals on the board, 2 to go.

A Gug was blocking the entrance to a gate at the Black cave. Norman swapped his position with the Gug, but didn't have anything to seal the gate, so Wendy entered with him through the gate. In the meantime, William was trying to find his way out of Carcosa when he went LiTaS. Carolyn whacked the moved Gug, now located at the River docks; with that trophy, she had enough toughness to obtain 5 dollars. During next round, Wendy and Norman reached the OW 2nd area and Carolyn went shopping: an Elder Sign. Next round she used the Carcosan page to obtain from Norman a motorcycle; in this way she reached Hibb's roadhouse and with a couple of clues she was able to evade the Formless spawn lurking there, entering Another time. Norman let Wendy seal the gate. 5 seals. Next Mythos: a rift bursts open at Independence square. Norm hurried towards Innsmouth with Wendy, while the others did just a couple of not-risky thing, in order not to destroy the thin equilibrium that seemed to have formed in the latest rounds; finally Carolyn returned to Arkham for the 6th seal.

In this way, Scenario 2 was beaten. And it was a lot of fun. The game was quite tough, but this time we had more opportunities to find proper strategies to avoid being massacred ::laughing:: and we were able to keep the terror level reasonably low (the terror track hit 4 at the end of the game). We had a great time, especially because we were forced to really co-op in order to keep everything under control, and I learned how to use a couple of things in a certain way I never thought about before. So, looking forward to try Scenario 3! (even if there are a couple of other things to play before, Tibs' league Scenario 1, a game with AH + KH + BGotW as Jgt suggested and a good playtesting of the Atlach herald (just to check whether it works or not). Hope in a couple of weeks to be able to go on with this league, anyway :.smiling::

Hah! Congrats :'D Which items did you choose to carry over?

Also, Tib's league is really intended for beginners. If you can beat scenario two, I don't think you qualify ;')

I can't wait for you to try scenario three. I think three and four are both very fun.

Thanks for the detailed post. And good luck with the Atlach Herald. As if Atlach weren't difficult enough ;'D Arkhamasochism strikes again.

Mmm... So I wrote up the story for scenario 8. Which means I'll be posting the scenario soon. 1/3rd done nearly. That happened fast :')

Avi_dreader said:

I haven't decided this yet. But I wrote down all the equipment this time (not that many had such great things, Wendy ended the game with a Silver Twilight Membership and nothing else, while Jacqueline had in her possession only a Naacal key - question: as far as I understand the threads regarding the Lurker, it's said that you cannot seal gates in stable location or streets. So, what's the point of using the Naacal key?). Anyway, a couple of ideas:
- Carolyn: Carcosan page (95%) or Brass knuckles (5%) (I know, it's not a *great* item per se, but items boosting your combat without using hands, well, can be vital under certain circumstances) (She is the one who finished the game with most of the good object, having also the motorcycle, 7 cryptical books of Hsan and a copy of the Eltdawn shards) (the Hsan book also could be a good item to carry over; have to carefully think about this)
- William: Cursed sphere
- Mary: Shrivelling
- Norman: Mi-go brain case

Avi_dreader said:

Also, Tib's league is really intended for beginners. If you can beat scenario two, I don't think you qualify ;')

::laughing:: I still feel like a beginner, Avi.
Jokes aside, I'm playing this league with a friend of mine. She never played AH, nor any complex boardgame, so Tibs' league is great. Apart from this, I really like the settings, so everyone will have fun ::smiling::

Avi_dreader said:

I can't wait for you to try scenario three. I think three and four are both very fun.

Same for me, can't wait too! ::smiling::

Avi_dreader said:

Thanks for the detailed post. And good luck with the Atlach Herald. As if Atlach weren't difficult enough ;'D Arkhamasochism strikes again.

It was such a pleasure playing that I thought could be also fun for somebody reading :-)
And well.. Arkahmasochism? Yeah, maybe ::cackling evelly:: I think it could be fun ::smiling:: even if I still have to find a proper way to express certain things. Extemporary question: if I use the words "fast flying monster", are they clear?
Btw, have you maybe found a little time to shorten my verbose description of my other Herald?

Avi_dreader said:

Mmm... So I wrote up the story for scenario 8. Which means I'll be posting the scenario soon. 1/3rd done nearly. That happened fast :')

Great news! At least, even if I'm still at the beginning of the league, I really enjoy reading the stories ::smiling::

I've given a quick look at Hecate and her Herald. A quick question about Hecate's worshippers: the word "Cultist" refers also to all monsters treated as cultist? I'm asking this because I think this AO was created before BGotW, and probably at that time this issue didn't come up

Hmm, well I'd definitely go for the Page, Hsan, and the Brain Case. It'd be a toss-up between the other stuff. You can't carry over a Silvert Twilight Membership (even if you'd want to), it's not an item. Are you playing the game as I intended it to be played where a character can only carry over their own items (and not give them to other characters once the game is over). If not, that's fine :') I don't think it makes a huge difference (it basically just makes the last three turns of the game considerably easier).

Naacal Key is pretty awful. I've never used it. Pretty much its only theoretical use is opening a low frequency location vs. Atlach Nacha so you can seal it with less of a chance of a gate burst. Also, it might be a bit better if using it to open a gate doesn't cause a doom token to appear. I'm not sure if there's a ruling on this yet.

I'll try to edit your herald today (even if I have to do it on my lunch break).

QUOTE efidm=381647]

Avi_dreader said:

I haven't decided this yet. But I wrote down all the equipment this time (not that many had such great things, Wendy ended the game with a Silver Twilight Membership and nothing else, while Jacqueline had in her possession only a Naacal key - question: as far as I understand the threads regarding the Lurker, it's said that you cannot seal gates in stable location or streets. So, what's the point of using the Naacal key?). Anyway, a couple of ideas:
- Carolyn: Carcosan page (95%) or Brass knuckles (5%) (I know, it's not a *great* item per se, but items boosting your combat without using hands, well, can be vital under certain circumstances) (She is the one who finished the game with most of the good object, having also the motorcycle, 7 cryptical books of Hsan and a copy of the Eltdawn shards) (the Hsan book also could be a good item to carry over; have to carefully think about this)
- William: Cursed sphere
- Mary: Shrivelling
- Norman: Mi-go brain case

Avi_dreader said:

::laughing:: I still feel like a beginner, Avi.
Jokes aside, I'm playing this league with a friend of mine. She never played AH, nor any complex boardgame, so Tibs' league is great. Apart from this, I really like the settings, so everyone will have fun ::smiling::

Avi_dreader said:

Same for me, can't wait too! ::smiling::

Avi_dreader said:

It was such a pleasure playing that I thought could be also fun for somebody reading :-)
And well.. Arkahmasochism? Yeah, maybe ::cackling evelly:: I think it could be fun ::smiling:: even if I still have to find a proper way to express certain things. Extemporary question: if I use the words "fast flying monster", are they clear?
Btw, have you maybe found a little time to shorten my verbose description of my other Herald?

re: Hecate, yeah, it should be applied to all Cultists. Including Dark Druid and the others.

Avi_dreader said:

Hmm, well I'd definitely go for the Page, Hsan, and the Brain Case. It'd be a toss-up between the other stuff. You can't carry over a Silvert Twilight Membership (even if you'd want to), it's not an item. Are you playing the game as I intended it to be played where a character can only carry over their own items (and not give them to other characters once the game is over). If not, that's fine :') I don't think it makes a huge difference (it basically just makes the last three turns of the game considerably easier).

I'll try to beat the game following as strict as possible your rules. So one item / investigator and that's it. The great debate (as somebody once was used to write ::laughing: :) is Page vs Hsan. I'll probably go with the Page.

Avi_dreader said:

Naacal Key is pretty awful. I've never used it. Pretty much its only theoretical use is opening a low frequency location vs. Atlach Nacha so you can seal it with less of a chance of a gate burst. Also, it might be a bit better if using it to open a gate doesn't cause a doom token to appear. I'm not sure if there's a ruling on this yet.

Really? Always thought that everytime a gate opens, you have to add a doomer, regardless of why the gate had to be opened. Wasn't this FAQed?

Avi_dreader said:

Ups. Didn't want to cause you all these troubles. I should find a way to send you a cake :-) I love cooking for friends :-)

Julia said:

Avi_dreader said:

I'll try to beat the game following as strict as possible your rules. So one item / investigator and that's it. The great debate (as somebody once was used to write ::laughing: :) is Page vs Hsan. I'll probably go with the Page.

Avi_dreader said:

Really? Always thought that everytime a gate opens, you have to add a doomer, regardless of why the gate had to be opened. Wasn't this FAQed?

Avi_dreader said:

Ups. Didn't want to cause you all these troubles. I should find a way to send you a cake :-) I love cooking for friends :-)

It's possible it's already been FAQed, I don't recall (I swear, this isn't political speech!) I'd go with the Page too. If you need sanity for spellcasting you already have Carolyn, and Page can be *extremely* useful for teleporting items to and from people in Other Worlds (plus it's good for setting up your end of game items for the next scenario).

Hah. You can send me mashed cake from over the ocean ;') On the subject of food, you're in Italy, right? If you'd like, I could teach you my chili/lemon pepper/garlic/parsley spaghetti recipe (I sometimes throw in chicken and/or mushrooms as well)? I wouldn't recommend the chili version if you don't like spicy food though (I have a second version that I don't think is nearly as interesting where I mostly replace the chili with extra garlic, parsley, and mushrooms).

As for the someone... SOMEONE MUST NOT BE NAME LEST THE SIX SEAL BURSTS AND HIS EVIL BE RELEASED UPON THE FORUM WORLD ONCE AGAIN! AIEIEIEEIIAHAHAHAIAEIEIEEEHAAHAHAHAAaaa... Oh wait, he came back last week. Crap.

Avi_dreader said:

It's possible it's already been FAQed, I don't recall (I swear, this isn't political speech!) I'd go with the Page too. If you need sanity for spellcasting you already have Carolyn, and Page can be *extremely* useful for teleporting items to and from people in Other Worlds (plus it's good for setting up your end of game items for the next scenario).

Yeah, these were my thougths too. Having the chance to teleport a Find gate or an Elder sign to an investigator sucked accidentally through a portal is too a strong temptation ::smiling::

Avi_dreader said:

Hah. You can send me mashed cake from over the ocean ;') On the subject of food, you're in Italy, right?

Yes. Not that I'm that happy with this. Don't know. At the moment, there is a small small small chance (read 2%) I'd be able to move to Canada in 2014 (if the world doesn't end in 2012 ::laughing: :) . It heavily depends on too many things, I'm not able now to say anything more precise. Anyway, if everything goes in the right way (and I'd love it!), maybe our mashed cake should travel only across a continent rather than sealing through the ocean (a la "Cakes of the seas of fate", a new chapter in the Elric saga ::laughing: :)

Avi_dreader said:

If you'd like, I could teach you my chili/lemon pepper/garlic/parsley spaghetti recipe (I sometimes throw in chicken and/or mushrooms as well)? I wouldn't recommend the chili version if you don't like spicy food though (I have a second version that I don't think is nearly as interesting where I mostly replace the chili with extra garlic, parsley, and mushrooms).

Hmmm... there is something really odd (and perverse) in an american teaching an italian girl on how to cook spaghetti. Definitely insane, very Arkhamish :-) So, please, do it! (maybe via e-mail / PM, or by a gate opening the OT section again)

Avi_dreader said:

As for the someone... SOMEONE MUST NOT BE NAME LEST THE SIX SEAL BURSTS AND HIS EVIL BE RELEASED UPON THE FORUM WORLD ONCE AGAIN! AIEIEIEEIIAHAHAHAIAEIEIEEEHAAHAHAHAAaaa... Oh wait, he came back last week. Crap.

I noticed, although I did not comment. It's amazing he said he'd have sold everything asap and now wants the collectors edition. Oh, well, the times they are (not) changing...

Well... Actually I only started cooking spaghetti after watching Italians cook spaghetti in Spain (so I cook spaghetti al dente instead of American style). But I assure you, they did not use my recipe ;'D you didn't answer the important part of the question though, whether or not you like spicy food. I'll just assume the answer is yes. I have the entire recipe described on my computer at home (I wrote the description, it's about a page long, but don't worry, it's not complex, I was just very thorough in describing it). I'm tempted to just post it here, but I suspect that this isn't what FFG means by Fan Creations... But, but, but, I'm a fan, and it's a creation of mine! I'm quite proud of it, it's very unusual, and people with a proper palate for appreciating it are enthusiastic about it.

Heh... This is *so* off topic. Um... Yeah, so, how about I try to send you this recipe with Carcosan Page?

It was worth a try.

Why would you want to move from Italy (good food nice weather) to Canada? Horrible horrible weather (and I haven't heard anything about their food, but I'd assume it's generally not great since it's too cold up there). On the bright side, you wouldn't need to buy a refrigerator.

Uops, sorry Avi, you're right. Yes, I do like spicy food. Even if not too spicy is better :-)
So, you've learned how to cook pasta al dente in Spain. Sounds interesting (and sounds great, often people outside Italy tend to cook spaghetti for too a long time). And Arkhamish, I mean, a long journey through distant places, meeting different cultures and sharing hidden knowledge (hopefully without losing too much Sanity) ::laughing::

Ok, I'm going to try your recipe. Maybe. E-mail me the hidden formula, if you don't mind. Or post it into the Fan creation section as a Custom Common (Unique?) Item ::smiling:: and if you have time, what about starting a petition for a new Off-topic section? Just to talk with ease about everything else :-)

As far as the Canada is concerned.. well.. this is very OT. And a little personal. I'm going to talk about this via e-mail. Later this evening, I think.

Not such a long time after beating Scenario 2, today I tried to beat Scenario 3. I played with the same party that beated Glaaki last time, so Carolyn, William, Jacqueline, Norman, Mary and Wendy. Norman started with the Mi-go brain case, Carolyn with the Carcosan Page, Mary with Shrivelling and William with the Cursed Sphere. In the first part of the game, we tried to move the Witch via Mi-go brain case. So during the first round, Norman switched his position with the Witch, entering Yuggoth (even if it was unsealable, at least getting rid of it in a short time would have improved a lot our chance to move in the right direction); Wendy went for a couple of clues and William remained in the South Church (a very lucky draw of his initial monster trophies gave him 8 toughness worth of monsters to trasform into blessings). Unfortunately he had to bless Carolyn, since the very first Mythos card was Ill wind grisp Arkham and Carolyn failed the required check. Carolyn went to the Curiosity shoppe to shop (successfully) for an Elder Sign. More or less we kept everything under control in the very first round. The witch wasn't that annoying in the beginning; when she reached the Merchant district, well.. corruptions started to rain from everywhere, and more annoying thing ANOTHER witch arrived since somebody made some disaster with ham sandwiches during a picnic ::sob:: so we had to nuke both witches; Norman killed the fist one, and William the second one. Then we swarmed into the open gates in order to remove the most corruptions possible before it was to late. And well.. we did it. Besided, the terror level never increased but once; fortunately Norm had the Director's diary, which helped us to keep terror to zero. We draw 2 Cultist and 1 Child of the goat; the Child was sitting on a gate, but Wendy bypassed her with ease, while one of the cultist was sent to the Outskirts (I think thanks to a corruption activated); the other one stayed still on the board, without interfering with our dirty job. We were pretty lucky, since Jacqueline drew three encounters giving her three different allies in the very first three round of the game (Eric Colt, Professor Armitage, Professor Rice); when professor Rice entered play, we had only two open gates on the board, so we were snowed under with clues; Jacqueline gathered almost all Dunwich clues, and so we were able to prevent almost all the terrible Mythos card that arrived later, practically avoiding any gate to open at the Witch-house. We won by sealing after Mythos 13, when Hekate was still at 8 doomers.

The game was very fun, even if very strange. We didn't have any time for shopping or monsters whacking; all characters were low-profile in weapons, and the whole game was very tactical, with the Mi-go brain case and the Carcosan page as key-items for scoring the victory. Never ever had such a few monster trophies (the biggest monsters killer was Mary, with four monsters killed) and absolutely no free time for anything but anyway, a great game :-)

Can't wait to try scenario 4 (no scheduled date yet, but probably around mid november I should try. The idea was playing against the Lich-king during new year's eve)

I'm glad you liked scenario three :') even while pulling double witches ;'D Which items did you keep?

Professor Rice... Heh. Did you use him twice?

I didn't anticipate anyone moving around the Witch with Migo Braincase. Heh. Always meddling, eh, Migo Braincase?!

I think you'll have a lot of fun with scenario four.

Scenario five... Gulp... Might not be the best way to bring in a new year ;'D But honestly, if you beat the Glaaki scenario, I think you can take it. Scenario two was probably the hardest of the first five.

Avi_dreader said:

I'm glad you liked scenario three :') even while pulling double witches ;'D Which items did you keep?

Professor Rice... Heh. Did you use him twice?

I didn't anticipate anyone moving around the Witch with Migo Braincase. Heh. Always meddling, eh, Migo Braincase?!

I think you'll have a lot of fun with scenario four.

Scenario five... Gulp... Might not be the best way to bring in a new year ;'D But honestly, if you beat the Glaaki scenario, I think you can take it. Scenario two was probably the hardest of the first five.

Items to be (jelously) kept: Carcosan page for Carolyn, Mi-go brain case for Norm, Cursed sphere for William and Wither for Mary. Probably. I wrote down all the equipment, but I can't find where my writings are, at the moment. Anyway, Carcosan, Mi-go and Sphere 100% granted; as far as Wither is concerned... let's see.

We used Professor Rice just once, but it was enough to gather tons of clues (for the very first time since I play Arkham, I ran out of clue tokens)

Four and five are to be played very soon! Can't wait to see what lies around the corner, at the beginning of Scenario 6 :-)

Ok, writings found! Items to be kept:

- Carolyn - Carcosan page
- Wendy - Kerosene
- Sister Mary - Cursed sphere
- Norman - Mi-go brain case

Julia said:

Ok, writings found! Items to be kept:

- Carolyn - Carcosan page
- Wendy - Kerosene
- Sister Mary - Cursed sphere
- Norman - Mi-go brain case

Kerosene? Ewww. Just take a random item instead ;'D I really hope you enjoy scenario four (because scenario five can be a little grueling, it's not *nearly* as tense as scenario 2 though, since there's a much higher margin for error).

Okay, it's time for Julia vs Scenario 4. As in the previous 2 games, all boards in play (and as usual no Thomas Olney laundry) and 6 investigators to cheat Death on a lycantropic game. Carolyn, Dexter, Wendy, Norman, Mary and William on the board, as long as a werewolf, some cultists and a gate at Gardner's place (with a skeleton guarding its entrance), while the darkest night had descended on Arkham. William had the itched feeling that staying in the very same place with a lycan nun and a lycan cultist wasn't the best way to keep fit; he lost two stamina immediately and joined the furry animals club. Norm used the Mi-go brain case to swap place with the skeleton (that during Mythos zero went for a walk in the nearby streets), Wendy decided to grab a clue at Independence square while Dexter and Carolyn went tome-shopping at the Curiosity shoppe. Then, we focused on this issue: lycan investigators trying to kill lycan cultists, and Mary going to Kingsport. William was our lucky draw, since he had the ability to exhaust a skill to automatically succeed in ab evade check, so he was able to enter combat with a cultist / round. In the mean time, Norman made his Mi-go brain case reaching Mary in Kingsport (thanks to a two-rounds operation via the Carolyn's Carcosan page), and Mary swapped her position in Kingsport with the Werewolf. By round four, no Cultists on the board, and a barking Werewolf in the mists of Kingsport. Wendy entered a gate in Cold spring glen leading to the Plateau of Leng, and at the same time, thanks to some clues gathered in Dunwich, Norman was able to enter the gate at Gardner's place and entered the Dreamlands. Carolyn was sucked into a gate appeared during an encounter at the Unnamable, and was forced to enter Yuggoth. With four clues, sadly. But fortunately, again thanks to the Carcosan page, she rescued the Elder sign from Wendy. Three seals on the board in quite a short time. The situation started to worsen immediately after: Dexter became a werewolf thanks to William, Mary lost her blessing and we had a pretty hard time with three investigator cursed. Feeling the scythe of death upon our necks, we sent some people asking for Father Michael's help, while Dexter was able to gather the bones from the skeleton and a couple of other monsters too, regardless the fact he was cursed. Carolyn entered another gate (from Unvisied isle to the Underworld) with four clues, while Norman used his Mi-go brain case (now back to him after Mary had used it) to swap place with a monster in Innsmouth and reach, a couple of rounds later, a horrible gate in Yhan'thlei. Carolyn summoned via Carcosan page a Find gate spell from Norm after a fortunate encounter in the Underworld, allowing her to gain the fifth clue. Wendy pulled a warlock's leg while diving into the Independence square Another time gate and Mary, with some money earned for an interesting story, went shopping and drew an Elder Sign. Some round later (Mythos: 11) we had the forth seal (Carolyn with 5 clues), the fift seal (Wendy, thanks to the ES Mary drew) and the last gate (Yhan'thlei) closed by Norman. Victory by closing gates when Death was still at 5 doomers.

Some considerations about the game: we had really a *great* time. It was really funny to move characters like werewolves and becoming progressively lycans. William had a very hard time, he ended the game with 3 madnesses and an injury, but nonetheless, he helped a lot with some monsters, even when cursed. Another plus of the scenario is the boosting of Death's abilities: forcing three players to roll to check whether they're cursed or not was challenging, strategically. We had the oddest Mythos card series ever; in the whole game, squares moved only once. We had 6 Mythos with the crescent moving, a Next act card, 1 Mythos with squares on white and 3 Mythos with hexes moving. One of the latest Mythos was Riots. We let the rumor run, trying desperately to win the game before it was too late. We were lucky enough, fortunately.

Anyway, the game was such fun that we'll play it again. Really, really great fun.

So, a question regarding movement: when night becomes day, are werewolf investigators returned to their human semblance just like the cultists (and so they do not deal damage to other investigators)? I played the game as if they were werewolves all the time, but wanted to check for future games. Second question:: you stated that: "If a Werewolf is on the same space as an investigator and its movement symbol is shown, it moves normally for one space, and for its second movement it moves like a stalker". But why? I mean, they move away from the location they share with another investigator and they deal their damage to him, creating a new werewolf. Why moving like stalkers? It seems like you want to make them returning from where they left, but I don't get the point, since that investigator has already became a werewolf, and thus he won't be damaged any further. If you intended to make werewolf move towards another investigator in a nearby street area, why not making werewolf' second movement always be a stalker movement?

Last but not least: the equipment we will carry over to Scenario 5 ::shrudding:: (what a nightmare shall be...):

Carolyn - Carcosan page
Dexter - Find gate
Norman - Mi-go brain case
William - Ruby of R'lyeh