Fan Creations League Stories and Comments

By Avi_dreader, in Fan Creations

Ok, time for Scenario 8 to be fought! As usual, all boards in play, and Joe, Jenny, Roland, Marie, Finn and Michael ready to roast rat-thing on their knives. The game started in a very bizarre way, with the Rat thing from Unnamable moving South after a gate opening in Innsmouth (Esoteric order of Dagon). None with enough clues to seal, so everyone but Jenny and Finn decided to go clue-hunting. Marie went buying some spells. The other two investigators tried to compensate the poor starting equipment with some shopping in the nearby Curiosity Shoppe. Jenny was twice corrupted, and one of her corruptions hindered her to give money to others. So no probs, let's go shopping and then pass the others some items. Hahaha. Second Mythos, a gate at the Graveyard with a Cultist emerging from it. Jenny - first player - became a Jelous guardian.

The first rounds were a pain, with a gate at the Esoteric order AND a gate at Devil reef plus some extra activity on the main board. Joe was able to put the first seal on the board thanks to a hit and go journey through the Graveyard's R'lyeh gate, but was a fortunate case: the AO ability to screw investigators in unstable locations was kinda tough to deal with, especially during these first steps. Investigators went for gathering clues had to wait some extra time in order to recover a high enough number of brains (ehm, Sanity) to be able to enter gates. Michael was arrested (thematically great, strategically not so great). By that time, the bloody Rat thing had already moved to the Northside streets, trapping Jenny inside the Curiosity Shoppe and making very low the chance for others to reach other boards. In the mean time, Roland had a lucky encounter at the Silver twilight lodge; he passed his PS and was also allowed to take the Visions card. This encounter made the tide change.

Jenny was able to leave the Curiosity shoppe thanks to a Hound of Tindalos, able to reach her and send her to the Hospital (sometimes losing a fight check is better than passing it)

Michael was surprised by a gate while at the Witch house and forced to enter Yuggoth but didn't have enough clues for sealing, so when he was given the chance between LiTaS or losing his Fetch stick, he preferred being LiTaS. Finn entered the gate to Yuggoth, with enough clues for a seal.

Marie started using her Witch blood ability, and since she had passed her PS during the very first turns of the game, she was able to draw spells, taking the ones with the higher Sanity costs. Then, every Upkkep, she started discarding spells in order to gain extra clues. Roland was perfect as clue-generator, especially because his starting ability was Mythos Lore. So I had three investigators in OWs, and everyone was able to seal. Finn unfortunately had a horrible encounter: he had to pass a check to gain a unique item, otherwise he had to lose a common item, a unique item, a spell and two clues or be devoured. Considering the fact the didn't have all this stuff to give away and that he did already fail the check, I was forced to spend almost all his clues in order to pass the check. In the meantime, another Underworld gate opening in Dunwich (and a nasty Mythos card made two monsters appear in the Blaste Heath streets). Marie chose to return there. One monster entered the vortex, the other ones were removed via gate closures and the last one (a poor zombie) was knived to death in the following round. Roland sealed his gate too.

Things started going again out of control, since Innsmouth was invaded. At that point I had something like 9 monsters in Innsmouth, with 2 gates still open there and the DOR track at 3. Not the *ideal* situation, indeed. But Finn returned from Yuggoth, with a marvellous, marvellous little item that was vital for beating the game: the Milk of Shub-Niggurath. During the first movement phase where he was allowed to use it, he drank it, moving all monsters to the Witch house. The terror level popped up *a lot* (by the end of the game, the terror would have hit 6) but finally streets were clear. So Joe was able to go to Dunwich to give Marie some bucks to return to Arkham and enter the other Underworld gate. By that time, Jenny returned from Celano and sealed a gate at the Woods and Roland made his way through Another time.

5 seals on the board, 2 rifts open and free to roam through Arkham, a ton of Rat things swarming the streets (3 cultist rat-thing, 1 child of the goat - rat thing - I imagined that even monsters treated as cultists would become rat-things as well - 2 "normal" rat things). Marie entered the Underworld and returned to Arkham immidiately thanks to a lucky encounter. The next Mythos was a monster surge, but Arkham was already at her limit, and all monsters went to the Outskirts. During the following Upkeep, Marie discarded the Dreaded Curse of Azathoth and reached the interesting amount of 9 clues. Michael, able have his encounters before her, cleared the Terrible experiment card for some extra points. Then the 6th seal closed the game. Victory in 12 Mythos.

Some general considerations: the Scenario wasn't as difficult as the previous one; I found it very well balanced. During the first Mythos, there are few Rat-things on the board, so the main problem for investigators was gaining clues quick enough to avoid losing too much sanity. During the latter part of the game, Rat-things are a problem, but having some locations sealed was extremely helpful in order to have a shelter from Rlim Shaikorth Sanity drain. I was good enough to avoid any player to enter combat with "normal" rat-things. In a couple of cases, I had to fight against cultists rat-thing, but fortunately fights were won. The theme of the Scenario is strong, and I had a great time playing.

A couple of recomandations after the game: rat things are allowed to enter stable locations if an investigator is there. No probs with this. But you probably should make them not able to enter the Asylum, otherwise there will be a loop (investigator enters combat with a Rat thing at the Asylum; he's defeated, so he's moved to the Asylum; the Rat thing won't move since can abandon the space containing an investigator, so during the next movement they had to fight again and so on, there is a certain chance that that investigator will be stuck there for the whole game).

Second question: what if I run off of green corruptions and I score a success on the roll after a cultist rat thing enters game? Shall I draw the first 2 top red corruptions? It seems like scoring a success is by far worse than failing. What about making the first player rolling a die, on a 1 he draws the first top red corruption, otherwise the first two corruption of the deck (without specifying the colour)?

And a couple of curiosity: it was one of my games with the greatest number of corruptions a single investigator had (Jenny had 8 at the end of the game), but I was able to win it even thanks to them. Jenny was the only one corrupted when one of her corruption activated, making all corrupted investigators being cursed and the others blessed. So I had 5 investigators blessed in a single round, and considering the fact it was near the end of the game, well.. it helped. Really. Another curiosity: after the 2 rifts opened, I had Joe in Kingsport visiting Gladys Pickman. The elderly lady started complaining with Joe about a curious "rat infestation in the neighborhood" ::laughter::

Avi_dreader said:

It'll be interesting to see if you can fight your way past the rat swarm :'D (I have confidence you can, but the real question is will it happen on your first or second try, you're still undefeated, yeah?)

I wish I would, but I had to play twice Scenario 2. Anyway, Scenario 8 is passed!

Avi_dreader said:

Drawing a Cultist Rat-Thing will trigger Rlim Shaikorth's ability.

Yup, that was clear :-) I think I used more rat things that necessary (because of the "treated like cultist" monsters being treated like Rat things), but anyway, in case I was wrong, I played it in a tougher way ::laugher::

Avi_dreader said:

Scenario 8 is probably tougher than scenario 9 ;') scenario 9 is supposed to be a bit of a breather before the last three scenarios in this set ;'D Scenario 10 is pretty crazy, I don't exactly remember scenario 11, but I remember it's somewhat tough and quite strange... Should definitely be beatable, but it will require major strategy adjustments. And scenario 12... Dread scenario 12 that wakes me up in the middle of the night screaming...

Ok, got it. Scenario 12 is Atlach, isn't it? I'm still undefeated against Atlach. Let's see how this new duel will end ::sharpening her swords::
I'm really intrigued by Scenario 9. At the moment, the toughest Scenarios were 2, 5 and 7. Let's see how the game develops. I wish I had more time for playing... I don't think I'll be able to play the Shudd'le Mell Scenario for at least a couple of weeks. I have to play another game against Cthulhu, playtest the alternate game end for Amikezor (I'm very excited about this) and strongly playtest my latest Herald (the one with flying gates)

JerusalemJones said:

Actually, I believe we tried this scenario 4 times before quitting It took us 5 times to beat the first scenrio of the second FFG league - you know, the one where you had to close a number of gates equal to # of investigators +4, which was the same length of the Doom Track, so we knew we had to game the South Church for sunday mass. But we weren't willing to have Wendy's player be a monster sink. We came really, really close the second of third time, but the fourth was so brutal we just surrendered to the AOs. lol

Hi JJ,

I read your impressions and - I hope Avi won't shoot me for this - my advice, if you want to play some other Scenarios of this League is: skip Scenario 2 and go for Scenario 3. Scenario 2 & 5 are the most difficult Scenarios I played so far (tonight I beat Scenario 8). If your friends found that Scenario 1 was tough and they go with Scenario 2, I'm afraid they won't play any further Scenario of this league, and it'd be a pity, some of the are *great* and not that difficult.

Julia said:

Some general considerations: the Scenario wasn't as difficult as the previous one; I found it very well balanced. During the first Mythos, there are few Rat-things on the board, so the main problem for investigators was gaining clues quick enough to avoid losing too much sanity. During the latter part of the game, Rat-things are a problem, but having some locations sealed was extremely helpful in order to have a shelter from Rlim Shaikorth Sanity drain. I was good enough to avoid any player to enter combat with "normal" rat-things. In a couple of cases, I had to fight against cultists rat-thing, but fortunately fights were won. The theme of the Scenario is strong, and I had a great time playing.

A couple of recomandations after the game: rat things are allowed to enter stable locations if an investigator is there. No probs with this. But you probably should make them not able to enter the Asylum, otherwise there will be a loop (investigator enters combat with a Rat thing at the Asylum; he's defeated, so he's moved to the Asylum; the Rat thing won't move since can abandon the space containing an investigator, so during the next movement they had to fight again and so on, there is a certain chance that that investigator will be stuck there for the whole game).

Second question: what if I run off of green corruptions and I score a success on the roll after a cultist rat thing enters game? Shall I draw the first 2 top red corruptions? It seems like scoring a success is by far worse than failing. What about making the first player rolling a die, on a 1 he draws the first top red corruption, otherwise the first two corruption of the deck (without specifying the colour)?

And a couple of curiosity: it was one of my games with the greatest number of corruptions a single investigator had (Jenny had 8 at the end of the game), but I was able to win it even thanks to them. Jenny was the only one corrupted when one of her corruption activated, making all corrupted investigators being cursed and the others blessed. So I had 5 investigators blessed in a single round, and considering the fact it was near the end of the game, well.. it helped. Really. Another curiosity: after the 2 rifts opened, I had Joe in Kingsport visiting Gladys Pickman. The elderly lady started complaining with Joe about a curious "rat infestation in the neighborhood" ::laughter::

I really enjoyed reading the recap. It sounded like a very intense game.

I'm aware of the potential loop. It's something one needs to watch out for (and it goes with the theme well). Otherwise one ends up gradually going insane until being devoured, or until the terror track breaks :'D

Yeah, if you run out of the green deck, successes will actually be worse than failures :'D it was intended to work that way.

I've gotten the bless all others corruption too (in scenario 3, it helped me win). I thought the Gladys Pickman story was funny :')

LOCK YOUR WALL DOORS GLADYS!

Julia said:

Avi_dreader said:

It'll be interesting to see if you can fight your way past the rat swarm :'D (I have confidence you can, but the real question is will it happen on your first or second try, you're still undefeated, yeah?)

I wish I would, but I had to play twice Scenario 2. Anyway, Scenario 8 is passed!

Avi_dreader said:

Drawing a Cultist Rat-Thing will trigger Rlim Shaikorth's ability.

Yup, that was clear :-) I think I used more rat things that necessary (because of the "treated like cultist" monsters being treated like Rat things), but anyway, in case I was wrong, I played it in a tougher way ::laugher::

Avi_dreader said:

Scenario 8 is probably tougher than scenario 9 ;') scenario 9 is supposed to be a bit of a breather before the last three scenarios in this set ;'D Scenario 10 is pretty crazy, I don't exactly remember scenario 11, but I remember it's somewhat tough and quite strange... Should definitely be beatable, but it will require major strategy adjustments. And scenario 12... Dread scenario 12 that wakes me up in the middle of the night screaming...

Ok, got it. Scenario 12 is Atlach, isn't it? I'm still undefeated against Atlach. Let's see how this new duel will end ::sharpening her swords::
I'm really intrigued by Scenario 9. At the moment, the toughest Scenarios were 2, 5 and 7. Let's see how the game develops. I wish I had more time for playing... I don't think I'll be able to play the Shudd'le Mell Scenario for at least a couple of weeks. I have to play another game against Cthulhu, playtest the alternate game end for Amikezor (I'm very excited about this) and strongly playtest my latest Herald (the one with flying gates)

Oh, right ;'D well, I'm glad you lost at least *one* of the scenarios. I thought scenario 2 was brutally difficult. I felt so stressed by the end of it. Every turn was an is this the last turn of the game?! type turn.

You played the scenario correctly. It's supposed to have all the rat things and the rat-thing/cultists swarming the board (like a real rat horde).

Let's just say you may have noticed a pattern of animal like AOs and corruption in the second part of the league, and... Atlach is kind of like an animal ;'D ...

::Weeps in terror::

Really though, I'm just reading my notes for the scenario and my stomach is knotting up.

Julia said:

JerusalemJones said:

Actually, I believe we tried this scenario 4 times before quitting It took us 5 times to beat the first scenrio of the second FFG league - you know, the one where you had to close a number of gates equal to # of investigators +4, which was the same length of the Doom Track, so we knew we had to game the South Church for sunday mass. But we weren't willing to have Wendy's player be a monster sink. We came really, really close the second of third time, but the fourth was so brutal we just surrendered to the AOs. lol

Hi JJ,

I read your impressions and - I hope Avi won't shoot me for this - my advice, if you want to play some other Scenarios of this League is: skip Scenario 2 and go for Scenario 3. Scenario 2 & 5 are the most difficult Scenarios I played so far (tonight I beat Scenario 8). If your friends found that Scenario 1 was tough and they go with Scenario 2, I'm afraid they won't play any further Scenario of this league, and it'd be a pity, some of the are *great* and not that difficult.

Heh... Unfortunately you are correct, and now I need to shoot everyone for this ;'D you are also correct that JJ's group should probably skip scenario 2 and 5. It's a shame though. They're both interesting, but kind of gruelingly difficult. Scenario five has much more room for error though.

Avi_dreader said:

You played the scenario correctly. It's supposed to have all the rat things and the rat-thing/cultists swarming the board (like a real rat horde).

Let's just say you may have noticed a pattern of animal like AOs and corruption in the second part of the league, and... Atlach is kind of like an animal ;'D ...

Really though, I'm just reading my notes for the scenario and my stomach is knotting up.

Rat horde: yeah, got the point. Besides, they're not exact copies of the Rat thing, right? I had the Child of the goat's movement triggered by Hexes and so on as usual. A great moment of the game was when Jenny went blessing-shopping at the South church (she was cursed at that time) and, as soon as she went out of the Church, she had to face three Cultists. Lovable.

Yep, I've noticed it. I'm just curious of what kind of AO shall I face in Scenario 10 and 11. You mentioned the DH somewhere else. So my guess was Yog + Kerathimel + some sweet booster for the DH. But since you mentioned animals.. well, I'm not so sure about this combo. Maybe a Rhan Tegoth something? Or possibly Shub + Black goat (revised Avi edition)?

I'm so curious about what's next!

An extra question about Scenario 8: I had to face the Terrible Experiment. What if I had drawn a Rat-thing? No penalty for this, I'd say, since it's not placed "on the board"; but what if that thing was defeated? Does it go to the Unnamable as well?

Julia said:

Avi_dreader said:

Rat horde: yeah, got the point. Besides, they're not exact copies of the Rat thing, right? I had the Child of the goat's movement triggered by Hexes and so on as usual. A great moment of the game was when Jenny went blessing-shopping at the South church (she was cursed at that time) and, as soon as she went out of the Church, she had to face three Cultists. Lovable.

Yep, I've noticed it. I'm just curious of what kind of AO shall I face in Scenario 10 and 11. You mentioned the DH somewhere else. So my guess was Yog + Kerathimel + some sweet booster for the DH. But since you mentioned animals.. well, I'm not so sure about this combo. Maybe a Rhan Tegoth something? Or possibly Shub + Black goat (revised Avi edition)?

I'm so curious about what's next!

Heh... I will say that this is the *mild* Dunwich Horror scenario ;') The harsh one comes in part 4 :'D And... Well... You'll see ;'D I can't wait to hear reactions to it. It's completely insane and you will never look at the Dunwich Horror the same way again.

Julia said:

An extra question about Scenario 8: I had to face the Terrible Experiment. What if I had drawn a Rat-thing? No penalty for this, I'd say, since it's not placed "on the board"; but what if that thing was defeated? Does it go to the Unnamable as well?

As with everything, I'd say follow rules as written (although to be honest, I hadn't thought of that happening) and send it to the Unnamable. And no penalty since Great Experiment doesn't place monsters. So yeah, exactly as you played it :')

::laughter:: c'me on, it's almost time to post Scenario 10! (or, if you manage to find some spare time, you could gently upload the high-res heralds & AOs I asked you in december :-P)

No, they're exact copies, except for triggering the special corruption effects. They'd all move on circle. When some aspect of something is not an exact copy, I specify it. I put a line in the clarification section though.

I enjoyed hearing about Jenny being trapped in the church. So what happened? Did they catch her? It couldn't be easy for her running from the Rat-things with three speed ;')

Re: scenario 10, I think you're somewhat on track ;'D you'll never guess the AO for 11 though (it doesn't fit the pattern in an obvious way).

Julia said:

::laughter:: c'me on, it's almost time to post Scenario 10! (or, if you manage to find some spare time, you could gently upload the high-res heralds & AOs I asked you in december :-P)

Eep. Okay, okay. How about you tell me the procedure to upload better quality images to photobucket, and I'll get it done before my housewarming (the last weekend of March). I'm a little concerned about all my herald links breaking in the heralds and AO threads though. Any advice about what to do about that?

Yeah, it's better if you specify this, otherwise it's not clear at all. In fact, I gave cultists and monsters treated as cultists the special abilities of the rat-things, but I didn't change their stats (as per Dark druid instructions, or, if you prefer, as you and Veet have told me to do when we were talking about my R'lyeh Awakens herald). So Jenny easily killed the cultists. Anyway, even if I played it as you've planned, the result of the game won't have changed at all (I won when the doom track was still at 5 doomers; besides after killing the cultists Jenny didn't do anything to alter game balance, I had already 4 seals down and the other two arrived in three rounds)

Scenario 11: I'll think about it a little and then go with a second guess

Avi_dreader said:

Julia said:

Eep. Okay, okay. How about you tell me the procedure to upload better quality images to photobucket, and I'll get it done before my housewarming (the last weekend of March). I'm a little concerned about all my herald links breaking in the heralds and AO threads though. Any advice about what to do about that?

No link will break if you re-upload the picture with the very same name. Cancel the picture from you album, upload the new one with the same name, and that's it. All links will be recreated. Or, at least, for me this way has always worked fine

As per quality, it's enough exporting from SE the image chosing "high quality" and that's it. Photobucket will upload the picture without changing the quality.

Hope this helps!

Julia said:

Yeah, it's better if you specify this, otherwise it's not clear at all. In fact, I gave cultists and monsters treated as cultists the special abilities of the rat-things, but I didn't change their stats (as per Dark druid instructions, or, if you prefer, as you and Veet have told me to do when we were talking about my R'lyeh Awakens herald). So Jenny easily killed the cultists. Anyway, even if I played it as you've planned, the result of the game won't have changed at all (I won when the doom track was still at 5 doomers; besides after killing the cultists Jenny didn't do anything to alter game balance, I had already 4 seals down and the other two arrived in three rounds)

Scenario 11: I'll think about it a little and then go with a second guess

You won at five doom? I'm tempted to ask how you managed that, but I guess with Marie that's really 7 doom (and if you had an Elder Sign, 8 doom, which isn't too far fetched if you're playing six investigators).

But, heh... Yeah, Piper is supposed to change Cultists into Rat-Things. I'm probably going to rephrase the card text a bit when I get back into the strange eons file (I made a note to myself to do so, along with *finally* changing the Dracula pic).

Yeah, 12 Mythos, Marie + Elder Sign, one gate opening bounced against the Graveyard seal, 3 monster surges (2 from the Witch house, 1 from the Esoteric order of Dagon, IIRC)

And ok for the rest! Even if I must confess that it'd probably much more hordish if you make monsters keep their dimensional symbols: int his way you can have different pact of rats swarming Arkham in different directions and it'd be a real *nightmare* surviving them

Julia said:

Yeah, 12 Mythos, Marie + Elder Sign, one gate opening bounced against the Graveyard seal, 3 monster surges (2 from the Witch house, 1 from the Esoteric order of Dagon, IIRC)

And ok for the rest! Even if I must confess that it'd probably much more hordish if you make monsters keep their dimensional symbols: int his way you can have different pact of rats swarming Arkham in different directions and it'd be a real *nightmare* surviving them

I wanted to make it so it worked like an infestation and the cluster of rats could potentially grow larger and larger (especially if investigators had to drive them back just to clear space in the streets). It's not intended to have a lockdown effect, although escaping the rats can be a bit difficult for 3 speed Jenny. I mean, they're fast super-stalkers, what more can you want? It's already pretty tough I think ;'D Besides, I have to save some nightmares for later.

Time for Scenario 09 tonight. Same party, same number of boards in play, a different question: will our brave heroes (Joe, Jenny, Roland, Marie, Finn and Michael) be brave and strong enough to roast Shuddle M'ell on the heathen hills around Dunwich?

The initial set-up was good, with Joe obtaining Martial Arts and Finn a Healing stone + some nice additional stuff. The first gate opened at the Witch house, and the first little Cthonian appeared to play bowling with my investigators heads. Poor fool. Joe was tempted by the double clu at the Black cave, but since the main problem was the Cthonian, I decided it'd have been better having Joe killing the Cthonian and Roland going for the double clue. A couple of dice rolled later, no Cthonian was on the board, Finn drew an Elder sign at the Curiosity shoppe and it was almost game over. For the rest of the game everything was very easy to keep under control. A Lloigor popped up at the Unvisited Isle, but his Stalker movement didn't damage any of my investigators. Roland continued to generate clues while entering and exiting from other worlds (and finding some nice Warlocks sitting on the gate as soon as he returned to Arkham), Jenny bought the Gate box, and it was done: I kept a gate to Another dimension open during the whole game, making Marie entering there everytime, equipped with Find gate + Gate box. 10 rounds for a victory by closing (that could have become a victory by sealing since I had enough clues for sealing even the last gate I close) when Shuddle was at 6 doomers (and only because the last card I drew was Mistrust, otherwise his doom track wouldn't have gone so far).

A couple of remarks on this Scenario (sorry for this short report, Avi, but there weren't so many thing to highlight, it has been a more or less "ordinary" AH game, I had tons of spare time to complete tasks and missions and so on): the fissure hindering investigators movement was a good idea, but having some good characters with high speed can easily help while dealing with this. Especially I had Finn with a +1 Speed skill AND a motorcycle, and this was insane ::laughter:: the idea of having Cthonians popping up every time you fail a Speed / Evade check is good. I failed tons of checks tonight (never ever had such a bad luck with checks ::laughter: :) but both Lloigors and Cthonians are very easy to evade, so basically I had Cthonians appearing at the Train station ("sorry folks, the train is a little late since we had to remove some tentacles from the railway" ::laughter), in every bloody area of almost every OW and in some other curious places too, but none was able to harm anyone. You should probably change the Dark Worm's ability in order to make Cthonians / Lloigors surprise the investigators or add a line in the Scenario saying they have an Awareness of -3. Otherwise it's very easy to get rid of them (I spent almost the entire game trying to keep all character's Sneak to 2 at least, and it worked).

Julia said:

Time for Scenario 09 tonight. Same party, same number of boards in play, a different question: will our brave heroes (Joe, Jenny, Roland, Marie, Finn and Michael) be brave and strong enough to roast Shuddle M'ell on the heathen hills around Dunwich?

The initial set-up was good, with Joe obtaining Martial Arts and Finn a Healing stone + some nice additional stuff. The first gate opened at the Witch house, and the first little Cthonian appeared to play bowling with my investigators heads. Poor fool. Joe was tempted by the double clu at the Black cave, but since the main problem was the Cthonian, I decided it'd have been better having Joe killing the Cthonian and Roland going for the double clue. A couple of dice rolled later, no Cthonian was on the board, Finn drew an Elder sign at the Curiosity shoppe and it was almost game over. For the rest of the game everything was very easy to keep under control. A Lloigor popped up at the Unvisited Isle, but his Stalker movement didn't damage any of my investigators. Roland continued to generate clues while entering and exiting from other worlds (and finding some nice Warlocks sitting on the gate as soon as he returned to Arkham), Jenny bought the Gate box, and it was done: I kept a gate to Another dimension open during the whole game, making Marie entering there everytime, equipped with Find gate + Gate box. 10 rounds for a victory by closing (that could have become a victory by sealing since I had enough clues for sealing even the last gate I close) when Shuddle was at 6 doomers (and only because the last card I drew was Mistrust, otherwise his doom track wouldn't have gone so far).

A couple of remarks on this Scenario (sorry for this short report, Avi, but there weren't so many thing to highlight, it has been a more or less "ordinary" AH game, I had tons of spare time to complete tasks and missions and so on): the fissure hindering investigators movement was a good idea, but having some good characters with high speed can easily help while dealing with this. Especially I had Finn with a +1 Speed skill AND a motorcycle, and this was insane ::laughter:: the idea of having Cthonians popping up every time you fail a Speed / Evade check is good. I failed tons of checks tonight (never ever had such a bad luck with checks ::laughter: :) but both Lloigors and Cthonians are very easy to evade, so basically I had Cthonians appearing at the Train station ("sorry folks, the train is a little late since we had to remove some tentacles from the railway" ::laughter), in every bloody area of almost every OW and in some other curious places too, but none was able to harm anyone. You should probably change the Dark Worm's ability in order to make Cthonians / Lloigors surprise the investigators or add a line in the Scenario saying they have an Awareness of -3. Otherwise it's very easy to get rid of them (I spent almost the entire game trying to keep all character's Sneak to 2 at least, and it worked).

Hey, if you were able to keep the board under control, good for you :'D the worms that emerge from speed checks aren't a big deal, it might just seem that way to you because of your unusually high number of speed checks. The scenario's supposed to be a bit of a breather ;'D don't worry, I promise you the next three will feel considerably more brutal. Hell, the next one will be a major jump in difficulty.

Scenario 11 question: draw 2 Mythos card in order to corrupt the shown location. Is this a "draw and discard" or a "draw and return in the very same order to the deck"? I'm usually very bad at understanding this kind of things, sorry

Btw... apart from Mary, it's an interesting Scenario :-)

Julia said:

Scenario 11 question: draw 2 Mythos card in order to corrupt the shown location. Is this a "draw and discard" or a "draw and return in the very same order to the deck"? I'm usually very bad at understanding this kind of things, sorry

Btw... apart from Mary, it's an interesting Scenario :-)

Draw and discard. But not draw and redraw if no gate is shown.

;') Oh, you and your Mary hate.

Avi_dreader said:

So, if I draw and there is no gate, then I'm a lucky girl?

;') Oh, you and your Mary love.

::laughter::

Julia said:

Avi_dreader said:

So, if I draw and there is no gate, then I'm a lucky girl?

;') Oh, you and your Mary love.

::laughter::

Yep. If you draw and there's no gate then no further corruption will occur that turn.

Heh... Initially all stable locations except the science building were corrupted in that scenario, but then I thought it might be more interesting (and fun) to make it a bit easier while keeping the asylum and magic shop at their normal functioning.

Hah, you were probably gloating when Mary was attacked in scenario 11 ;'D

Ok, I went through the narrative part leading to Scenario 11. Sounds kinda... erotic. First of all, Mary fingering her, uhm, cross, then a vampiric hand licking the nun and promising her to bring life to her womb. Some sadistic elements of nun-domination came up, though. If you're going to publsh this stuff, probably this chapter is the one to be presented to the editor ::laughter::

Seriously... I started developing a kind of compassion towards Mary. In the first Scenarios she was a Werenun, now she has a strange s/m reletionship with Y'golonac (too many gods interested in her ::laughter: :) . I think I'm going to tactically kill her on round two of that Scenario. She need some rest at the Graveyard