X-wing Second Edition Inventory Sheet - keep track of your collection!

By Jaden Corr, in X-Wing

Thanks at Jaden, it's super cool to see that someone has taken over keeping this updated for 2.0. I just updated my copy for 1.0 which should now have support for every 1.0 product ever released. If anyone still needs it for 1.0, they can find it at the link below.

On 9/27/2019 at 2:06 AM, Jaden Corr said:

Wave 5 up, with a little delay. Enjoy and let me know if anything is off.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nz5qiSrEsIx6EC-ZpxkpsD2pMfk3XYG6

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YYktkAd1hkZ33qdodpMXh3Hg4ozD5cz94gi8HSC2VfQ/edit#gid=1147752975

3 hours ago, phizzle said:

Thanks at Jaden, it's super cool to see that someone has taken over keeping this updated for 2.0. I just updated my copy for 1.0 which should now have support for every 1.0 product ever released. If anyone still needs it for 1.0, they can find it at the link below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YYktkAd1hkZ33qdodpMXh3Hg4ozD5cz94gi8HSC2VfQ/edit#gid=1147752975

Wow, that's wonderful! Was contemplating doing this as well, but never really found the time. So great off you to finish the 1.0 document!

This is fantastic, thank you so much!

Really useful. I'm going through and updating mine now.

Epic Wave 1 added (Tantive and C-ROC). Took a bit longer as there were no unpacking video's of the C-ROC and the Wiki seemed to be lacking (and I wasn't planning on buying any Scum this time around).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MSZeJKGvmD1fNX_qPPG-Q5Iy6YCBtfJ9

Amazing amount of geekdom and OCD mixed together.

It is player interaction, style and add-ons that make or beautiful game what it is. But honestly, no player really wants to know how much they have spent on this endeavor. Some things are best left unknown.

Props! ...this tea is on me.

Edited by clanofwolves

@Jaden Corr Thank you so much for putting this together! Being new to the game, and having recently purchased a players partial (yet large) collection, this is going to really help me get a handle on what's what.

Being a bit of an Excel nerd, I applaud this creation. Well done indeed!

On 7/17/2020 at 6:42 PM, Belliott said:

@Jaden Corr Thank you so much for putting this together! Being new to the game, and having recently purchased a players partial (yet large) collection, this is going to really help me get a handle on what's what.

Being a bit of an Excel nerd, I applaud this creation. Well done indeed!

Thanks for the positive feedback! I hope you enjoy using it as much as I did making it. 😉

So, a question after viewing the new pilots from Herald of Hope packs. Those of you who use the inventory file, know every ship has its own list of pilots like this:

T-70 X-wing
• Poe Dameron (6) 0
• Ello Asty (5) 0
• Nien Nunb (5) 0
• Kare Kun (4) 0
• Temmin Wexley (4) 0
Black Squadron Ace (4) 0

Now the question arises how to continue when there are the same pilots with the same pilot skills in the same ship. Using the "surname" would make the text move out of the field because it becomes too long...

T-70 X-wing
• Poe Dameron (6) Resistance Commander 0
• Poe Dameron (6) Trigger-Happy Flyboy 0
• Ello Asty (5) 0
• Nien Nunb (5) 0
• Kare Kun (4) 0
• Temmin Wexley (4) 0
Black Squadron Ace (4) 0

But using an abbreviation from the set in which it appears leaves other "problems" such as, why would I not have to put the sets in which the other pilots occur in the file as well. As such:

T-70 X-wing
• Poe Dameron (6) (HoH) 0
• Poe Dameron (6) 0
• Ello Asty (5) 0
• Nien Nunb (5) 0
• Kare Kun (4) 0
• Temmin Wexley (4) 0
Black Squadron Ace (4) 0

So, I'm very eager to know what you would like or if you have any other suggestions.

Edited by Jaden Corr
15 hours ago, Jaden Corr said:

So, I'm very eager to know what you would like or if you have any other suggestions.

Have you considered combining the two approaches? Use the subtitles, but abbreviate them. Like this:

• Poe Dameron (6) (RC)
  • Poe Dameron (6) (T-HF)

It keeps it short. But it also uses a distinguishing identifier that is recognizable from the cards themselves without having to reference back to the sets they came in.

Abbreviating the set names gives you the pain that while some people might recognize what the abbreviation stands for, they still won't remember which Poe came with which set. Even cross-referencing the inventory cell formula on the pilot tab to the set tab wouldn't help with that.

Whereas, with abbreviating the subtitle, at worst you have to add a general note somewhere on what it's a reference to. People will be able to use it to tell the cards apart just from the cards itself. And isn't that the point? Plus, if they really do want to know which set that pilot came from, they can look at the formula on the sheet.

It also has the advantage of being set independent. It doesn't matter how many different source sets (or conversion kits) there are for a particular version of a card. They'll all be lumped together equally in the count.

Edited by lvaughn
Typo

@Jaden Corr Potential bug report on the sheet. Inventory entries on the 'Conversions 1Ed' tab aren't updating all of the related items on the 'Ships and Dials' and 'Pilots' tabs.

It's most obvious on the ships & dials. Add 1 to inventory on a ship on Conversions, it will update the inventory of that ship by 1 on the ships tab, but won't update the dials by the appropriate amount. Nor will it update the pilots.

Maybe it's a matter of the expectation for how that tab is used. My expectation was that intended for tracking when the all conversion components for an individual ship were acquired as a set outside of a full conversion kit (ie. eBay).

As it is, it just seems to track how many 1st ed. ship models you already have. Tracking of any other conversion component acquisitions that didn't happen via full kit purchase have to be done through the 'Modification' tab. But if this is all the Conversions tab is for, is there a real purpose to it? Tracking the 1st ed. ships you have can be done just as well through the Mod. tab. It has the ships section after all. It's sort of makes the Conversions tab duplicate.

Possible improvement suggestions:

1. Ditch the tab, and just use mods to track their 1st ed. ships. One less tab is one less tab. Mods could also maybe be moved next to the Purchases tab. Easier to manage inventory entry when the tabs you have to do it on are right next to each other.

2. Add a section the conversion tab to track inventory of conversion components acquired outside of full kits. eg. Mark 1 for an Auzituck Gunship and it will add 2 ship dials, 1 Wullffwarro, 1 Lowhhrick, 2 Kashyyyk Defenders & 1 each of the two ship tokens. For those of us acquiring their conversions piecemeal, it would make it easier to track than marking every item individually.

Secondary suggestion. Add an entry for 1st ed. core set to the page. It could add the 1 x-wing, 2 tie ships and the dice to inventory all together. As it is, the ships have to be added via individually, and the dice have to be added by pretending they were a dice pack. Oh, and range rulers, bases, pegs, etc. All those components that are the same between the sets and that most probably are getting reused by most people.

I think option 2 would be more useful. Less manually labor in counting stuff when doing the data entry for a collection. But I can see where option 1 might be less work for you.

Cheers.

On 8/2/2020 at 12:18 AM, lvaughn said:

Have you considered combining the two approaches? Use the subtitles, but abbreviate them. Like this:

• Poe Dameron (6) (RC)
  • Poe Dameron (6) (T-HF)

It keeps it short. But it also uses a distinguishing identifier that is recognizable from the cards themselves without having to reference back to the sets they came in.

Abbreviating the set names gives you the pain that while some people might recognize what the abbreviation stands for, they still won't remember which Poe came with which set. Even cross-referencing the inventory cell formula on the pilot tab to the set tab wouldn't help with that.

Whereas, with abbreviating the subtitle, at worst you have to add a general note somewhere on what it's a reference to. People will be able to use it to tell the cards apart just from the cards itself. And isn't that the point? Plus, if they really do want to know which set that pilot came from, they can look at the formula on the sheet.

It also has the advantage of being set independent. It doesn't matter how many different source sets (or conversion kits) there are for a particular version of a card. They'll all be lumped together equally in the count.

Well... this is it isn’t it. 😄 This is the best possible solution out there...

On 8/2/2020 at 3:27 AM, lvaughn said:

@Jaden Corr Potential bug report on the sheet. Inventory entries on the 'Conversions 1Ed' tab aren't updating all of the related items on the 'Ships and Dials' and 'Pilots' tabs.

It's most obvious on the ships & dials. Add 1 to inventory on a ship on Conversions, it will update the inventory of that ship by 1 on the ships tab, but won't update the dials by the appropriate amount. Nor will it update the pilots.

Maybe it's a matter of the expectation for how that tab is used. My expectation was that intended for tracking when the all conversion components for an individual ship were acquired as a set outside of a full conversion kit (ie. eBay).

As it is, it just seems to track how many 1st ed. ship models you already have. Tracking of any other conversion component acquisitions that didn't happen via full kit purchase have to be done through the 'Modification' tab. But if this is all the Conversions tab is for, is there a real purpose to it? Tracking the 1st ed. ships you have can be done just as well through the Mod. tab. It has the ships section after all. It's sort of makes the Conversions tab duplicate.

Possible improvement suggestions:

1. Ditch the tab, and just use mods to track their 1st ed. ships. One less tab is one less tab. Mods could also maybe be moved next to the Purchases tab. Easier to manage inventory entry when the tabs you have to do it on are right next to each other.

2. Add a section the conversion tab to track inventory of conversion components acquired outside of full kits. eg. Mark 1 for an Auzituck Gunship and it will add 2 ship dials, 1 Wullffwarro, 1 Lowhhrick, 2 Kashyyyk Defenders & 1 each of the two ship tokens. For those of us acquiring their conversions piecemeal, it would make it easier to track than marking every item individually.

Secondary suggestion. Add an entry for 1st ed. core set to the page. It could add the 1 x-wing, 2 tie ships and the dice to inventory all together. As it is, the ships have to be added via individually, and the dice have to be added by pretending they were a dice pack. Oh, and range rulers, bases, pegs, etc. All those components that are the same between the sets and that most probably are getting reused by most people.

I think option 2 would be more useful. Less manually labor in counting stuff when doing the data entry for a collection. But I can see where option 1 might be less work for you.

Cheers.

I think there might be a slight misunderstanding perhaps created by the name of the tab. It is only meant to take into account the ships you convert, as in the physical plastic bought during version 1.0, as you also noted. Therefor it doesn’t update any dials or pilot cards because those 1.0 versions aren’t legit anymore. Loose 2.0 components bought or traded are to be added in the last tab. I’ll look into it to see if I can make I any clearer, but seeing as I haven’t yet had this comment I think most people use it as intended.

Ofcourse I’ll think about your suggestions, although that might take up a bit too much time right now, especially as it already is possible in the last tab of the document. The reason for it being on a separate tab (1st edition converts) is you can just copy paste the information in that tab in a new file because that information won’t change anymore, ever again (at least, not if you don't buy "old" 1.0 stuff). Still. Your suggestions are interesting and I’ll definitely look into them! But, for now, if you'd like to keep track of your 1.0 collection, I'd advise using the marvelous piece of work found here.

Edited by Jaden Corr
On 8/3/2020 at 10:23 PM, Jaden Corr said:

I think there might be a slight misunderstanding perhaps created by the name of the tab. It is only meant to take into account the ships you convert, as in the physical plastic, as you also noted. Therefor it doesn’t update any dials or pilot cards because those 1.0 versions aren’t legit anymore. Loose components bought or traded are to be added in the last tab. I’ll look into it to see if I can make I any clearer, but seeing as I haven’t yet had this comment I think most people use it as intended.

Ofcourse I’ll think about your suggestions, although that might take up a bit too much time right now, especially as it already is possible in the last tab of the document. The reason for it being on a separate tab (1st edition converts) is you can just copy paste the information in that tab in a new file because that information won’t change anymore, ever again. Still. Your suggestions are interesting and I’ll definitely look into them! But, for now, if you'd like to keep track of your 1.0 collection, I'd advise using the marvelous piece of work found here.

Thanks for the clarification. The name of the tab was some of my confusion. I really think the Modifications tab contributed too. Since it can track ships too, I was expecting 1ed. tab to do more than just that.

And thanks for the pointer to that 1st. ed. sheet.

I love your product. Thanks!!!

Thank @Jaden Corr for your hard work.

I have a doubt about how to use the file. If I work with a copy of the file in my Google account, what happens when you update the document? Do I have to introduce all my data again into the new version?

14 minutes ago, Sotolon said:

Thank @Jaden Corr for your hard work.

I have a doubt about how to use the file. If I work with a copy of the file in my Google account, what happens when you update the document? Do I have to introduce all my data again into the new version?

Hi Sotolon. I’m afraid so. Only few tabs remain the same after new waves, because of added update cards etcetera.
However, the information from the first tab and the second tab you could copy paste of course. The second tab will not change anymore and the first one is only added upon.

Edited by Jaden Corr
4 hours ago, Jaden Corr said:

Hi Sotolon. I’m afraid so. Only few tabs remain the same after new waves, because of added update cards etcetera.
However, the information from the first tab and the second tab you could copy paste of course. The second tab will not change anymore and the first one is only added upon.

Thank you for the clarification. I will do as you say.