X-wing Second Edition Inventory Sheet - keep track of your collection!

By Jaden Corr, in X-Wing

***The X-wing Second Edition Inventory Sheet is up-to-date through the release of Wave 8***

With this X-wing Second Edition Inventory Sheet you can track your collection, simply by checking your current owned X-wing Second Edition sets. If you enter your currently owned sets, the sheet will automatically fill in your current pilots, tokens, upgrades and everything else that comes in the packs.

Inspired by, and so graciously done by, @any2cards , I will try to keep up his legacy as long as I am permitted.

The Sheet currently handles:

• X-wing Second Edition Core Set
  • Dice Pack
  • Rebel Alliance Maneuver Dial Upgrade Kit
  • Galactic Empire Maneuver Dial Upgrade Kit
  • Scum and Villainy Maneuver Dial Upgrade Kit
  • Resistance Maneuver Dial Upgrade Kit
  • First Order Maneuver Dial Upgrade Kit
  • Rebel Alliance Conversion Kit
  • Galactic Empire Conversion Kit
  • Scum and Villainy Conversion Kit
  • Resistance Conversion Kit
  • First Order Conversion Kit
  • Wave 0 (Saw's Renegades, TIE Reaper)
  • Wave 1 (T-65 X-wing, BTL-A4 Y-wing, TIE/ln Fighter, TIE Advanced x1, Slave 1, Fang Fighter, Lando's Millennium Falcon)
  • Wave 2 (RZ-2 A-wing, T-70 X-wing, TIE/fo Fighter, Mining Guild TIE)
  • Wave 3 (TIE/sk Striker, Z-95-AF4 Headhunter, ARC-170 Starfighter, Delta-7 Aethersprite, Sith Infiltrator, Vulture-class Droid, Guardians of the Republic Squadron Pack, Servants of Strife Squadron Pack)
  • Wave 4 (A/SF-01 B-wing, Millennium Falcon, VT-49 Decimator, Resistance Transport, TIE/sf Fighter, TIE/vn Silencer, Naboo Royal N-1 Starfighter, Hyena-class Droid Bomber, Deluxe Movement Tools and Range Ruler)
  • Wave 5 (Ghost, Inquisitors' TIE, M3-A Interceptor, Punishing One, BTL-B Y-wing, Nantex-class Starfighter)
  • Huge Ship Conversion Kit, Epic Battles
  • Epic Wave 1 (Tantive IV, C-ROC Cruiser)
  • Wave 6 (RZ-1 A-wing, TIE/d Defender, TIE /in Interceptor, Hound's Tooth, Fireball, Major Vonreg's TIE)
  • Never Tell Me the Odds Obstacles Pack, Fully Loaded Devices Pack, Hotshots and Aces Reinforcements Pack
  • Wave 7 (LAAT/i Gunship, X-class Light Shuttle, HMP Droid Gunship)
  • Wave 7 (TIE/rb Heavy, Heralds of Hope)
  • Wave 8 (Eta-2 Actis, Nimbus-class V-wing, Droid Tri-fighter, Jango Fett's Slave 1)

If you find any errors or issues, please report them so I can update the sheet and make it as complete as possible. Thanks in advance for your time and have fun with it! You'll find the link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TmGkKLDTyQYjzopH3avgfnqVGBnW1tJQ/view?usp=sharing

* edit 08-02-2018 - fixed issues, included basics Wave 2, added Modifications tab, added Totals tab (under construction)

* edit 08-03-2018 - fixed issues, added Lando's Millennium Falcon, added Conversions tab

* edit 08-05-2018 - fixed issues, completed Modifications tab, deleted Totals tab

* edit 09-13-2018 - added correct Damage Card names

* edit 10-04-2018 - fixed issues

* edit 12-17-2018 - fixed issues, included Wave 2

* edit 01-21-2019 - fixed errors

* edit 03-14-2019 - added Wave 3 and Wave 4 ships

* edit 03-24-2019 - included Wave 3

* edit 07-12-2019 - included Wave 4, added Huge ships

* edit 07-13-2019 - fixed errors, added ID, Lock, and Dial ID tokens

* edit 09-27-2019 - fixed errors, included Wave 5

* edit 11-11-2019 - included Huge Ship Conversion Kit, Epic Battles

* edit 11-24-2019 - included Epic Wave 1

* edit 02-03-2020 - included Wave 6, Card Packs

* edit 02-07-2020 - fixed errors

* edit 09-26-2020 - included first part of Wave 7, fixed errors

* edit 11-02-2020 - included second part of Wave 7

* edit 12-09-2020 - included Wave 8

Edited by Jaden Corr

Can you add individual components (dials, cards, etc) from trades, second hand purchases etc?

@papy72 , thanks for your reply and suggestion. This is something that is already planned for the next release!

@Jaden Corr thanks for doing this. A couple little things I’ve found:

1. The spreadsheet also includes Saw’s Renegades and the TIE Reaper, though you neglected to mention that in your first post, unless that’s what you mean by “wave 0.”
  2. Please make a way you can add ships from 1.0 that have been converted. It would be great if it then also combined with the dials columns to show you exactly how many of each ship you can field, and where you have extra dials/ships
  3. The “# of T-65 X-Wing damage card decks” field isn’t working. It’s referencing the wrong cell.

@Herowannabe , thanks for the reply!

1. That's what I meant. I'll add the ships for each wave so everything is clear.
  2. I think your first point might be solved by way off @papy72 's suggestion. So this will be able in the next release. On the second one, I'll have to see if I can find the courage to undertake that. ?
  3. Thanks! I will adjust that when I come home tonight after work.

Wave 1 now complete. Out of curiosity, what would you guys prefer. @papy72 , @Herowannabe , and others interested.

1) Having the regular tabs (ships and dials, upgrade cards etc.) show only the information from complete sets bought, and have two separate tabs for modifications and totals (totals showing the modifications+regular buys), or...

2) Having a modification tab, from which the information is presented in the regular tabs, thus showing the numbers of regular buys plus modifications?

Hope I made myself clear, feel free to comment/ask if not!

As the creator of the original X-Wing Inventory spreadsheet, I thought I would say nice job.

Also, be aware that going down the road of allowing piece meal modifications (adding individual pieces due to trades, etc.) ends up generating one **** of lot of work for you. I could find no way to automate the process per se. Not saying you shouldn't do it, just saying that it creates a nightmare of management for you.

36 minutes ago, any2cards said:

As the creator of the original X-Wing Inventory spreadsheet, I thought I would say nice job.

Also, be aware that going down the road of allowing piece meal modifications (adding individual pieces due to trades, etc.) ends up generating one **** of lot of work for you. I could find no way to automate the process per se. Not saying you shouldn't do it, just saying that it creates a nightmare of management for you.

Yes... already walked into that trap. ☺️ I'll see what I can make of it! Thanks for your support and advice. Much appreciated.

2 hours ago, Jaden Corr said:

Wave 1 now complete. Out of curiosity, what would you guys prefer. @papy72 , @Herowannabe , and others interested.

1) Having the regular tabs (ships and dials, upgrade cards etc.) show only the information from complete sets bought, and have two separate tabs for modifications and totals (totals showing the modifications+regular buys), or...

2) Having a modification tab, from which the information is presented in the regular tabs, thus showing the numbers of regular buys plus modifications?

Hope I made myself clear, feel free to comment/ask if not!

1 hour ago, any2cards said:

36 minutes ago, Jaden Corr said:

Yes... already walked into that trap. ☺️ I'll see what I can make of it! Thanks for your support and advice. Much appreciated.

If it was me, I would maybe add a new tab (or maybe just put it in the existing tab next to the Conversion Kits purchased area) with a list of all the ships from First edition that the player is converting over, and then have that column factor into the number of ships in the player’s collection. The vast majority of people using this spreadsheet will have ships they have converted, so this is basically necessary

As for individual ship/card/etc purchases (I assume that’s what you mean by “modifications”), I would simply put 2 columns next to each of your “Total” columns: 1 where a person could add or subtract specific components and 1 that shows the new total. The columns would be pretty easy to set up, and puts the burden of work on the individual players to modify their collection appropriately.

4 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

If it was me, I would maybe add a new tab (or maybe just put it in the existing tab next to the Conversion Kits purchased area) with a list of all the ships from First edition that the player is converting over, and then have that column factor into the number of ships in the player’s collection. The vast majority of people using this spreadsheet will have ships they have converted, so this is basically necessary

As for individual ship/card/etc purchases (I assume that’s what you mean by “modifications”), I would simply put 2 columns next to each of your “Total” columns: 1 where a person could add or subtract specific components and 1 that shows the new total. The columns would be pretty easy to set up, and puts the burden of work on the individual players to modify their collection appropriately.

Done for the conversion part! That was a simple and easy solution indeed, and it will never have to be added on. ☺️ Now for the "modifications"... That's gonna be a **** of a job. There's gonna be a lot of formula there. I'll look into your solution. For now it still is as it was before, but that might change...

Completed the modifications tab, new version up in the air! @Herowannabe , @papy72 (and others interested), curious to find out what you think of the way it is structured right now.

The modifications tab allows one to enter individual items bought, sold, or traded. This edit will be visible in the inventory tab corresponding with the item.

Edited by Jaden Corr

So, after receiving my Core Set of Second Edition, I went to work. Apart from a very warped wing from one of the TIE Fighters (is it just me, or does the plastic seem of lesser quality?), everything looks stunning, and I can't wait to dig into it.

Still, some small errors had to be edited in the file, and the correct names of the Damage Cards were also included. File is to be found in the first post.

Edited by Jaden Corr

Joining to follow. Very helpful service here!

Fixed some minor issues. Waiting for the Conversion Kits of the Resistance and First Order to be revealed... :)

My dial upgrade kits didn't come with any tokens at all. All I have are the ones from the conversion kit, which isn't accurately reflected.

5 minutes ago, Mangostrike said:

My dial upgrade kits didn't come with any tokens at all. All I have are the ones from the conversion kit, which isn't accurately reflected.

@Mangostrike , thanks for the response. I haven't found any information on the contents from the dial upgrade kits, so haven't incorporated that yet, as I didn't buy them myself. If you know where I could find the info I can expand upon them.

Do I understand you correctly that there are no tokens in the maneuver dial kits? That would make editing the file all the easier... The ones from the conversion kit are reflected on the ID Tokens & Target Locks tab in the file.

So, as of today, the new file is up in the air. Wave 2 is added. The information is based on the Wikipedia for X-wing Second Edition and several YouTube unboxing videos, seeing as I haven't purchased the sets myself.

If you find any errors or issues, please report them so I can update the sheet and make it as complete as possible. Thanks in advance for your time and have fun with it! You'll find the link in the first post.

Maybe not something that interests you, but @sirjorj has already made a full compendium of query-able database of x-wing stuff. If you check out his releases page, you can see every detail in there.

http://xhud.sirjorj.com/xwing.cgi/releases2

If you were willing to code a little, you could make an inventory program that queries his database and it would easily remove more than half of your RECURRENT work, and it'd allow you to concentrate on trades that can affect the count of individual tokens and cards and such.

The root of that (libxwing2) is a c++ library that is surfaced to a website by a cgi program (xwing.cgi). Most of the main index pages there (for ships, pilots, upgrades, etc) have a link at the bottom that generates json of that pages contents.

8 hours ago, Mu0n729 said:

Maybe not something that interests you, but @sirjorj has already made a full compendium of query-able database of x-wing stuff. If you check out his releases page, you can see every detail in there.

http://xhud.sirjorj.com/xwing.cgi/releases2

If you were willing to code a little, you could make an inventory program that queries his database and it would easily remove more than half of your RECURRENT work, and it'd allow you to concentrate on trades that can affect the count of individual tokens and cards and such.

Thanks for the suggestion. I know of this website, and use it for reference from time to time. Sadly I have zero knowledge of code, and at the moment I tend to be up-to-date quicker then his site. Most of the Wave IV items are already in my file (albeit invisible), and the recurring work actually isn’t al that much anymore. It was during the first two waves though! 😅

Concerning trades etc. I tried to encompass that in the last sheet of the file. From that sheet the others sheets are updated to account for extra items.

5 hours ago, sirjorj said:

The root of that (libxwing2) is a c++ library that is surfaced to a website by a cgi program (xwing.cgi). Most of the main index pages there (for ships, pilots, upgrades, etc) have a link at the bottom that generates json of that pages contents.

Your a wizard Ani... Or, at least you sound like one to me... 😂

Edited document with Wave 3 is up. Enjoy and please let me know if anything is incorrect! File is also to be found in the first post.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GkimOr64anBnW0Q7BY9yxfQIqHqOWLKQ

@Crabbok , thanks for your excellent work on the unboxing video's. It really helps me put together my document seeing as I don't buy all the stuff out there and the WikiPedia tends to be up to date much later in the game!

Edited by Jaden Corr