Jedi Star Misc thread

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

What exactly are you looking for @TheShard ? No Arissa is not going to go around trying to PK everyone that says they are a Jedi, or kill every NPC she meets. But she would have killed all those guys and she would not let herself be ordered around and bullyed by Korath. Again I would not ever kill another players character, but as tramp says he plays what Korath would do and wouldn't allow a Jedi to dictate her actions or limit her freedom.

As for intention of her morality in the campaign, yes she in on a 'redemption' arc. It was what I had intended for her in my IRL game but it ended before it happened. But even so I don't want her to be a Jedi, or at least not a pure white more grey. I know thats a disliked concept in some SW fan bases but I'm always intrigued by those types of characters.

4 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

What exactly are you looking for @TheShard ? No Arissa is not going to go around trying to PK everyone that says they are a Jedi, or kill every NPC she meets. But she would have killed all those guys and she would not let herself be ordered around and bullyed by Korath. Again I would not ever kill another players character, but as tramp says he plays what Korath would do and wouldn't allow a Jedi to dictate her actions or limit her freedom.

As for intention of her morality in the campaign, yes she in on a 'redemption' arc. It was what I had intended for her in my IRL game but it ended before it happened. But even so I don't want her to be a Jedi, or at least not a pure white more grey. I know thats a disliked concept in some SW fan bases but I'm always intrigued by those types of characters.

I generally consider Tramp the model of how to not behave, and when people say they're similar to tramp it makes me nervous. I will not however offer any unsolicited advice about how you should play their character. I will say that I am very surprised and pleased by the level of restraint @CathyKitten has shown when dealing with Tramp. I would not have blamed her for offing Korath, but I am very grateful that she didn't. I Elias the character can meditate between Korath and Arissa the character in an unobtrusive way that works within the story. If in the moment you don't want that to happen, send me a pm and I'll but out.

Well, time to unlurk.

My god, I'm surprised it's still going, especially with all the tension around here. And before you ask, Tramp: No, I won't join. I already have issues with you in Revan's War that includes pushing a player out of the game due to "roleplaying", making me have to change my own plans to fill in the void of the loss, and the fact that you tend to get hung up on things that really don't matter in the grand scheme of the game. So joining a game where it seems you want it your way and making up excuses to do so? Nah, not for me.

You know, I had to make up a roll for that argument in the cockpit and that's something I really didn't like having to do.

I'm impressed by Rabo and Elias for being able to stick with you for this, as well as Cathy for not just offing Korath outright.

But yeah, had to voice it out since every time I check in this sub-forum, it's almost always something happening in Jedi Quest...and it's getting old.

Lurking back.

Edited by satkaz
17 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I generally consider Tramp the model of how to not behave, and when people say they're similar to tramp it makes me nervous. I will not however offer any unsolicited advice about how you should play their character. I will say that I am very surprised and pleased by the level of restraint @CathyKitten has shown when dealing with Tramp. I would not have blamed her for offing Korath, but I am very grateful that she didn't. I Elias the character can meditate between Korath and Arissa the character in an unobtrusive way that works within the story. If in the moment you don't want that to happen, send me a pm and I'll but out.

Don't get me wrong I'll play my characters to how I think they will act but if that conflicts with how a player wants to play theirs I'll stop before making them angry or uncomfortable. Not make 5-10 posts doing everything I can to get my way.

6 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

Don't get me wrong I'll play my characters to how I think they will act but if that conflicts with how a player wants to play theirs I'll stop before making them angry or uncomfortable. Not make 5-10 posts doing everything I can to get my way.

Thanks for clarifying and reassuring me arissa.

Everyone chill out.

Its a simple concern, and a simple explanation. Thank you Arissa.

Lets keep it to that. Whole big long posts arguing in between answers just escalates things.

The thing is we all have a right to play our characters the way we want, and this includes telling the kinda story you want your pc in...

So let's let Cathy kitten talk.

Then we can either agree moving forward that this is the kinda story we wanna tell together or not.

After that we should be more on the same page.

Edited by TheShard

@TheShard , yes Ro'Ka is a more morality grey character. Her current lifestyle is slowly leading her to the dark side. Killing for money, obsession with cybernetics, and only looking out for herself would turn her away from the light in no time. This is why the force has guided her to this journey with the others. It is offering a redemption for her but only if she can reconnect with her force sensitivity in a positive way. The only way to show this change is to start with showing her connection is used purely for death and hatered. Once this has been established, as we see with her murderious ways in the temple, she can begin to make a change. In fact I was trying to show that the group she has been traveling with has already effected her. From the dedicated protection of Avalon (chose to autofire completely on group engaged with Avalon to ensure their defeat) to the restraint she showed the last Nikto and helping Korath with his request of asking questions.

Not to spoil what I am trying to do with the character completely but she has been guided to a Jedi temple of sorts and I was going to use this opportunity to reveal her force sensitivity. Hopefully make her first positive connection to the force in years. Would this adventure to the temple be a turning point for her or another step to the darkside?

I think these are good plot lines.

Korath looks like this one might challenge you in a way your not as prepared to handle.

However perhaps you can sense the good in her despite her actions, maybe also the pain of a hard life lived. Perhaps mercy and softness is what this beserker needs?

3 minutes ago, TheShard said:

I think these are good plot lines.

Korath looks like this one might challenge you in a way your not as prepared to handle.

However perhaps you can sense the good in her despite her actions, maybe also the pain of a hard life lived. Perhaps mercy and softness is what this beserker needs?

That's not Korath's nature. He's disciplined and stern , like Qui Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi (as of AotC / RotS ), and Gunnery Sergeant Tom Highway ( Heartbreak Ridge ), and stubborn as a Gundark .

13 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

That's not Korath's nature. He's disciplined and stern , like Qui Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi (as of AotC / RotS ), and Gunnery Sergeant Tom Highway ( Heartbreak Ridge ), and stubborn as a Gundark .

This is why more likely it will be @Jonas Shaaf who could show her the way of the light. Did your forsee results ever get posted??

30 minutes ago, CathyKitten said:

This is why more likely it will be @Jonas Shaaf who could show her the way of the light. Did your forsee results ever get posted??

Not likely, more like Akua . She's the Compassionate/ Merciful one. And @Rabobankrider wanted to wait until he knew what was going on with our characters first before he posted what @Jonas Shaaf saw.

Maybe korath has some personal growth ahead.

I always assumed all character would have personal growth. As the masters are already pretty much there in terms of mastering their respective niches, it's pretty much the main area of progression for them.

1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

@Rabobankrider wanted to wait until he knew what was going on with our characters first before he posted what @Jonas Shaaf saw.

37 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

I always assumed all character would have personal growth. As the masters are already pretty much there in terms of mastering their respective niches, it's pretty much the main area of progression for them.

Would you mind if i gave the forsee then? I have a neat idea that could not only forshadow an union of Jonas and the others but also show the internal struggle inside Ro'Ka.

42 minutes ago, CathyKitten said:

Would you mind if i gave the forsee then? I have a neat idea that could not only forshadow an union of Jonas and the others but also show the internal struggle inside Ro'Ka.

Foresee wouldn’t show someone’s internal struggle, only what’s actually happening or will likely happen in the future. That’s probably why @Rabobankrider has held off posting what Jonas sees. Sense is the power that can pick up someone’s mental or emotional state, not Foresee .

Edited by Tramp Graphics
1 minute ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Foresee wouldn’t show someone’s internal struggle, only what’s actually happening or will likely happen in the future. That’s probably why @Rabobankrider has held off posting what Jonas sees. Sense is the power that can pick up someone’s mental or emotional state, not Foresee .

Kool dude. I am glad you have an opinion on something you know nothing about.

2 minutes ago, CathyKitten said:

Kool dude. I am glad you have an opinion on something you know nothing about.

I have the book open right in front of me. All Foresee does is give visions of events to come, or, in this case, happening elsewhere. Not only that, but when @Jonas Shaaf posted, he was specifically looking for information about who he might be up against, and what we were doing, in order to prepare for any potential trouble, not “this is how you’re going to meet them”.

@Rabobankrider wanted to hold off on responding until he also knew how our encounter would play out, possibly in case our two characters started fighting each other. That is what Foresee can do. It does not give a Force user any information about an individual’s state of mind.

2 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

I have the book open right in front of me. All Foresee does is give visions of events to come, or, in this case, happening elsewhere. Not only that, but when @Jonas Shaaf posted, he was specifically looking for information about who he might be up against, and what we were doing, in order to prepare for any potential trouble, not “this is how you’re going to meet them”.

@Rabobankrider wanted to hold off on responding until he also knew how our encounter would play out, possibly in case our two characters started fighting each other. That is what Foresee can do. It does not give a Force user any information about an individual’s state of mind.

It gives glimpses of possible futures, up to 1 day in advance, so he could potentially see a change he causes in Ro'Ka within the next day, for example her not killing someone because he asked her not to. That would be a change he could discern without knowing her emotional state. This is a "Yes And..." game, the philosophy is to figure out a player proposal COULD work rather than saying "no"

Edited by EliasWindrider
6 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

It'll be interesting who winds up playing Kortah's apprentice, since Korath is a hard-*** who communicates primarily yelling, issuing orders and showing no sympathy. Come to think of it, my apprentice (Arvel) might be a good choice. Given his military background he'll know how to "Yes sir!" Korath repeatedly... which I suspect will frustrate the snot out of Korath. Might be interesting to RP?

41 minutes ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

It'll be interesting who winds up playing Kortah's apprentice, since Korath is a hard-*** who communicates primarily yelling, issuing orders and showing no sympathy. Come to think of it, my apprentice (Arvel) might be a good choice. Given his military background he'll know how to "Yes sir!" Korath repeatedly... which I suspect will frustrate the snot out of Korath. Might be interesting to RP?

Well, given that we’ll have more Jedi apprentices than Jedi Masters (as opposed to master level characters, since one Master level character isn’t even a Force user, one is a Findsman, one is a son to be redeemed Dark Sider, and one is untrained in the Force), one on one training of the apprentices is not likely anyway. It will more likely to be group classes.

Also, for Korath’s dialog, I use bold to differentiate speech from descriptive text. I use the same style in the Revan’s War game for my Wookiee character. For my Apprentice character, I’ll be using bold blue for dialogue to differentiate the two characters’ dialogue. I recommend everyone do that. But yes, he can be a bit hardassed.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
27 minutes ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

That accurately describes Korath's behavior toward Elias when Elias was Korath's apprentice in a live play game in 2005. I was going to volunteer chemdat (a character I don't care about and created as sacrifice character) so no one else had to deal with it, but you have an amazing insight into what it'll be like so if you want to I'd support that.

I think that @CathyKitten can take over the forsee check this time so long as @Jonas Shaaf is cool with that.

To be fair I imagine that one on one training will probably be fine, as well as individual masters taking the padawans on various missions.

45 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

I think that @CathyKitten can take over the forsee check this time so long as @Jonas Shaaf is cool with that.

To be fair I imagine that one on one training will probably be fine, as well as individual masters taking the padawans on various missions.

I agree that on-on-one training would be ideal, but, while there are an equal number of starting characters to master level characters, there are almost double the number of Jedi Apprentices as there are Jedi Masters, so some, if not most , of the Jedi Masters would have to double up. OF the ten Master level characters, only six: Korath, Jonas, Akua, Drez'n, Excla'ur, and Elias, are Jedi . Reesh, Jornek, Arissa, and Ro'Ka could certainly teach classes in their specific areas of expertise, (though Arissa would need to be fully redeemed first, so as to not corrupt any of the students to the Dark Side), they're not technically qualified to train someone one on one in the ways of the Jedi . At least not until they themselves become Jedi, if they so choose . As a Findsman , Reesh would be more likely to be training an apprentice to be a fellow Findsman, if he were to take one on full time. Jornek isn't even Force sensitive. He could teach someone about the underworld, are stealth, etc. but his knowledge of the Jedi arts is likely non-existent. The same is true of Ro'Ka, even though she is Force sensitive, she has no actual Jedi training, but, rather, combat expertise. Arissa's knowledge of the Force seems to be limited to what she gleaned from Sith temples. I doubt that's something the Jedi in the group would likely want the apprentices learning. So, how else, besides each mentor teaching large classes, would you handle dividing up the apprentices for training as Jedi ?

By subjects absolutely.

To be fair, officially only Jonas, Drez'n, Akua and Exla'ur are fromt he proper jedi order. Also being a jedi doesn't automatically qualify you as a teacher (plenty of jedi we've seen in the films and other stuff who would make naff teachers). On the other side some of the non-jedi already have experience teaching and would probably make quite good teachers (Reesh has taught a few people at least). I'd say the best thing really would be for the masters to accept that this isn't going to be a pure jedi thing and may be a bit more modernised. I don't think really that any one master has the necessary skills to teach everything needed to learn to be a full blown jedi or whatever they end up as, and one of the things we've seen throughout he films etc is the jedi order changing. Perhaps this is another of those events. Would be pretty interesting to see that kind of transformation if nothing else.