Jedi Star Misc thread

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

@TheShard , I'd say only 2, 3 is probably pushing manageable numbers. I'd probably say Titus as my choice of preference, and Equinox who seems to be overall popular.

@Tramp Graphics , as I said, xp can be changed easy enough. Anyway, if they want to start at the max it just means that the masters can't progress any further. If they don't have a problem with that I don't care. It won't actually affect anything beyond Korath not having the highest xp (if that's the issue then you need to check yourself man).

Also I don't really think it's a smart idea to begin forcing people into playing character genders based on your preferences for whatever reason. Let them play what they want. It's a pretty weird pre-requisite.

Also a former clone trooper is not out of the question if people wanted Bear. Just freeze him in carbonite, or maybe they found a way to reverse the aging. It's Star Wars, anything is possible.

Regardless, a choice needs to be made soon, I'd like to know what I'm working with before I introduce Mandalore.

37 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@TheShard , I'd say only 2, 3 is probably pushing manageable numbers. I'd probably say Titus as my choice of preference, and Equinox who seems to be overall popular.

@Tramp Graphics , as I said, xp can be changed easy enough. Anyway, if they want to start at the max it just means that the masters can't progress any further. If they don't have a problem with that I don't care. It won't actually affect anything beyond Korath not having the highest xp (if that's the issue then you need to check yourself man).

Also I don't really think it's a smart idea to begin forcing people into playing character genders based on your preferences for whatever reason. Let them play what they want. It's a pretty weird pre-requisite.

Also a former clone trooper is not out of the question if people wanted Bear. Just freeze him in carbonite, or maybe they found a way to reverse the aging. It's Star Wars, anything is possible.

Regardless, a choice needs to be made soon, I'd like to know what I'm working with before I introduce Mandalore.

It's not a prerequiseite, it's just my preference . I would like to have a little more balance. I'm not requiring it. And Korath isn't the highest XP character anyway, so that's not an issue.

16 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

It's not a prerequiseite, it's just my preference . I would like to have a little more balance. I'm not requiring it. And Korath isn't the highest XP character anyway, so that's not an issue.

If there are starting master characters coming in with hundreds more xp than Jonas and Elias, maybe an xp dump to partially even out the imbalance is in order.

I don't have a problem with that, it would resolve a lot of issues really in terms to levelling everyone out.

Do people wanna just have all characters at 2200 xp and just say no more master xp?

I'm not asking anyone to change their character beyond the xp mechanics. So again I need votes for whose second.

4 hours ago, TheShard said:

Do people wanna just have all characters at 2200 xp and just say no more master xp?

I'm not asking anyone to change their character beyond the xp mechanics. So again I need votes for whose second.

No. I want to be able to advance Korath more. I want him to continue to grow and develop.

3 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

No. I want to be able to advance Korath more. I want him to continue to grow and develop.

More than 2200 has been ruled out, it's only about how quickly you get there. But throwing this out as a compromise/middle ground... the fate RPG has a minor advancement mechanic which involves swapping abilities. Technical fixing at 2200 xp, and fidgeting with the build after that is still character advancement growth.. it could be something like after 2 (or other number) session you get to swap 1 spec, or something like that. Note that I'm not advocating this solution only pointing out that it doesn't have to be either of those 2 options.

3 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

More than 2200 has been ruled out, it's only about how quickly you get there. But throwing this out as a compromise/middle ground... the fate RPG has a minor advancement mechanic which involves swapping abilities. Technical fixing at 2200 xp, and fidgeting with the build after that is still character advancement growth.. it could be something like after 2 (or other number) session you get to swap 1 spec, or something like that. Note that I'm not advocating this solution only pointing out that it doesn't have to be either of those 2 options.

That's not the point I'm making.

2 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

That's not the point I'm making.

But there are other ways to advance than adding xp nonetheless. So as I said those weren't the only two options.

Well @Tramp Graphics , this isn't just about what you want. I'm happy putting everyone on the same footing, and I think @TheShard is as well (though I cannot speak for them). The fate system sounds like an over complication if I'm honest. @EliasWindrider and @Jonas Shaaf , do you want to just level everyone out to the same xp or max them out now?

As I said way back, the primary development of the masters would not be mechanical, but through rp and story driven stuff.

2 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Well @Tramp Graphics , this isn't just about what you want. I'm happy putting everyone on the same footing, and I think @TheShard is as well (though I cannot speak for them). The fate system sounds like an over complication if I'm honest. @EliasWindrider and @Jonas Shaaf , do you want to just level everyone out to the same xp or max them out now?

As I said way back, the primary development of the masters would not be mechanical, but through rp and story driven stuff.

After Tramp initially suggested dropping 1 spec and picking up jedi knight or padawan I fidgeted with a 2200 xp Elias build, but it drops sentry and picks up both knight and padawan. Is dropping 1 spec something that we're still considering? Because if so I'd vote for the 2200 xp and done.

18 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

After Tramp initially suggested dropping 1 spec and picking up jedi knight or padawan I fidgeted with a 2200 xp Elias build, but it drops sentry and picks up both knight and padawan. Is dropping 1 spec something that we're still considering? Because if so I'd vote for the 2200 xp and done.

If anything, I'd say take the master to 2000. This allows for more advancement, while still leveling them all out. It's not ideal, but it's a good compromise.

**** it, every just level out to 2,00 and be done with it. @TheShard , can you tell those joining us to do the same please.

In the mean time, all characters who are on Mandalore, this is time to introduce your character. This will include the new characters when they are ready.

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

**** it, every just level out to 2,00 and be done with it. @TheShard , can you tell those joining us to do the same please.

In the mean time, all characters who are on Mandalore, this is time to introduce your character. This will include the new characters when they are ready.

Korath is updated.

5 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

There is a missing digit, did you mean 2,000 or 2,200?

18 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

There is a missing digit, did you mean 2,000 or 2,200?

Here's a shot of the Jedi Star's workshop:

lightsaber_workshop_by_tramp_graphics-dd

2 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

I asked @Rabobankrider because he not you is the only person on earth who knows with complete certainty about what he meant.

It was 2,000 yes

As @Jonas Shaaf can attest, when I gm I ask my players for side stories, as it what are your narrative goals for your characters both long term and short term (next session). To give you context for your narrative progress requests, while trying to avoid to many details but you're going to encounter storm troopers during a search and rescue mission, and we'll end next session on Ossus, as a place to regroup after the other stuff that happens. For the third session that may be a good time/place for Tramp to run the gathering (in the ruins of the great jedi library or something similar) and building sabers.

Jonas Shaaf upgraded to 2000 total (not earned) XP with no mentor discount for Basic Force Powers.

jedi_star_lounge_by_tramp_graphics-dd62k

jedi_star_galley_by_tramp_graphics-dd658

I'm sorry I've been awol.

Let me read over all these mentions.

Ok so equinox and Titus?

2000 xp, 2200 cap

Yes?