Kurosunai Village

By Coyote Walks, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

9 minutes ago, Shiba Gunichi said:

Listen, Bluebird, we’re doing a fine job of establishing the conditions for our own demise without the Asahina’s help! Leave blowing up the Phoenix to the Phoenix!

I concede to your superior expertise in this area ?

If the Phoenix doesn't burn itself up on occasion, how would it ever be reborn?

9 hours ago, Shiba Gunichi said:

The Emperor wanted to say yes, until Kachiko rattled off a bunch of reasons why it wasn't going to happen and after "the politician in her saw an opportunity," said, "hey, have Yoshi be the bearer of bad news!" as a means of keeping him out of her way with a meeting she knows he has zero interest in (were Yoshi not a fool, he might have seen an opportunity there, but I digress).

The Emperor responds with an affirmative, then segues into a comment that he's used to losing his games of Go to Shoju before moving to squash Kachiko's plans to have Aramoro named to the Emerald Championship. Suffice to say, he feels the rails the Scorpion are trying to keep him on pretty keenly.

So while I agree that the Emperor maybe could have prevented the meeting, he certainly didn't instigate it- that was allllll Kachiko.

Kachiko is the Emperor's subordinate which makes him responsible for any actions she performs in an official capacity. 'The buck stops here' and all that.

Yoshi was just following the implied order to tell the Crab no and get them to quit asking already.

8 hours ago, Shiba Gunichi said:

Listen, Bluebird, we’re doing a fine job of establishing the conditions for our own demise without the Asahina’s help! Leave blowing up the Phoenix to the Phoenix!

Just when I was getting tired of the silly clan vs. clan squabbling, it got hilarious.

20 hours ago, Waywardpaladin said:

Yes, but just once please, not every other expansion!

21 hours ago, Waywardpaladin said:

AEG had the Phoenix burning up just about every single time they appeared... so we're all still a little fragile on the subject...

1 hour ago, Shiba Gunichi said:

AEG had the Phoenix burning up just about every single time they appeared... so we're all still a little fragile on the subject...

And yet, somehow, you bounced back every time.

There was a strange lack of consequences in O5R, wasn't there?

Edit: Actually, I think it was you who brought up that, with the exception of the Phoenix recruiting Ronin after the Clan Wars, there was never any explanation for how the Clan recovered from the catastrophic losses it suffered almost every expansion.

Edited by Mangod