My house rules

By angelis1974, in WFRP House Rules

These are my house rules, please feel free to comment/make suggestions

Healing.
Healing potions can be used more than once a day, they cost money I have no problems with that.

After each combat there is one lot of first aid that can be used to heal each participant (anyone can do so but one after each combat) and to avoid too much book keeping if you heal wounds you had before the fight lucky you (unrealistic yes but a pain otherwise)

Once a day you may also have one medicine roll (indicating proper surgery and treatment beyond first aid)

Once per day after 8 hours rest you may make resilience roll to see how much you heal naturally (this can be augmented by a medicine roll [for each success on the medicine roll you add one fortune dice, for each boon you may upgrade one fortune dice to an attribute dice])

Death, at the end of each fight if you are dead (i.e. wounds equal to your wound level and critical wounds more than your toughness) another character can make a medicine or first aid roll to heal you, with the following issues,
1. if a wound are healed you live
2. You will not be conscious until you heal a critical wound (if you heal one in the roll, lucky you).
3. if the healer is in a conservative stance and rolls 2 delays then you are dead as although he could save you he wasn’t quick enough
4. if the healer is in a reckless stance and rolls 2 fatigue this is also applied to the patient
5. if on this roll the healer rolls 2 banes the lowest severity wound becomes permanent, in real terms the wound becomes a normal wounds but the penalty becomes permanent (the severity needs noting as it will then only be healable by magic), if the lowest wound has not penalty lucky you.
6. if on this roll the healer rolls 3 banes it is as above but the critical is randomly selected
7. if on this roll the healer rolls 4 banes it is as above but the critical is the highest severity (lucky you if you have the severity 5 one, it’ll leave a scar but that’s all)

Movement,
There are 4 ranges
Engaged, close, medium, long
Normally to move from close to engaged is 1 manoeuvre, close to medium is 2, medium to long 3, this is awkward and a pain to do (mainly as if you don’t want fatigue it’s 2 turns to get from medium to close) so I make them all 1, it still takes fatigue to go more than one band but beyond that it’s much easier to deal with combat becomes faster and ranged fighters aren’t the I win masters of combat (I have tested this and it’d get boring to have double ended ambushes all the time)

Characters, I would prefer completely random generation (rolling for race and dealing 3 appropriate careers to which you then pick one) but I will for those who want allow them to spend generation points to buy or negate successes to get the race they want. Careers are always random.