Jedi Star IC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

The Gotal pushes out the door, but slides to a halt as he does so.

“Di’kut.” He manages as he gestures back towards the bar.

He also eyes the stranger up and down for a moment, then looks around for the others he mentioned.

“I am not yet certain whom it is I seek. Or perhaps who seeks me?” He says as he raises an eyebrow.

After a moment Jex relents.

”Well, lets see your friends. I will have you know that I will not go easily if your force my hand.”

1 hour ago, AtariAssasin said:

The Gotal pushes out the door, but slides to a halt as he does so.

“Di’kut.” He manages as he gestures back towards the bar.

"You know a bit of Mando'a I see," Rei says after dismounting. "Ceratir te di'kut naritir at ni. Ni'll koor ti kaysh."

Point the idiot put to me. I'll deal with him.

2 hours ago, AtariAssasin said:

He also eyes the stranger up and down for a moment, then looks around for the others he mentioned.

“I am not yet certain whom it is I seek. Or perhaps who seeks me?” He says as he raises an eyebrow.

After a moment Jex relents.

”Well, lets see your friends. I will have you know that I will not go easily if your force my hand.”

As they walk over to where Reesh and Kark are standing Elias says: My name is Elias, the gand is Reesh, the verpine is Kark. There are are also 3 humans, a pantoran, and a Drall with us somewhere in the city. That's as of when we landed this morning, but we have a tendency to pick up others as we go on, the idea is to train the next generation with our gift to protect the galaxy against oppressive regimes like the first order. Sorry if I'm being vague about who we are but people with our gift are frequently targets, but a few of us were classically trained by an ancient order that was nearly wiped out twice in the last 50 years. He turns to face Jexal and subtly shifts his cloak so that Jexal and only Jexal can get a glance at the lightsaber hanging on his belt.

Reesh would look up from where he had now sat, looking between Elias and the newcomer. "He talks a lot, but does not say little" Reesh would grunt, nodding to the stranger. "There is strength in numbers though, and the chance to achieve your own goals".

Kark watches the others quietly, eyes flipping rapidly from one to the other as he listen. He seemed fascinated by all of this, excited even, but by the twitchy movements, clearly nervous as well.

Jexal pauses, taking in the motley bunch of force users in front of him. He thinks for a moment on the new information.

"I have tried for a long time to do some good in the galaxy. These gifts we have are capable of bringing much light into a sometimes dark place... but as you said, there are others who would seek to stop us, or corrupt that light. I have survived a long time on my own, and it has allowed me to research a great number of topics. I would hate to see your hopes for a new order serving simply as a unified location to destroy more force users." he speaks carefully, hoping to be blunt but doing his best not to seem harsh.

After a moment he sighs.

"You said you hope to teach these new students in the ways of the force? I too recall the old order, though I was very young when it was destroyed." he trails off for a moment, seemingly lost in thought. "I recall the way people remembered the Jedi, and how they were a beacon for good once... If I were able to serve in some capacity to help bring that light back into the galaxy I would certainly jump at that chance."

Nordin stops for a moment, eyeing the Mandalorian in front of him up and down. He points back towards the three men in armor quickly approaching the doorway.

"If you would fight then I would stand as well, these men know nothing of honor."

5 hours ago, AtariAssasin said:

Nordin stops for a moment, eyeing the Mandalorian in front of him up and down. He points back towards the three men in armor quickly approaching the doorway.

"If you would fight then I would stand as well, these men know nothing of honor."

Rei enters the cantina and looks at the thug and his goons by the bar.

cloaked_mandalorian_confrontation_by_tra

"Hey, utreekov!" the feisty young Mandalorian says, walking up to the thug and looking him dead in the eye. "Tion'gar a' ori'jagyc? ke nu'jurkadir haar neverde! keep bic laam bal ni muun'bajir gar! ke bid, gar bal gar sheb'urcyine, udesiir bal ganar gar pirur ra Slana'pir!"

Hey, emptyhead! Are you a big man? don't hassle the civilians! Keep it up and I'll trounce you! So, you and you toadies, relax, take it easy, calm down, find respite and have you drink or Get out!

Edited by Tramp Graphics
On 5/27/2019 at 11:06 AM, Rabobankrider said:

The lumbering mandalorian continues to lumber forwards towards Nordin. Lunging out with a fist to the gotal's gut, he lands a solid blow, much to the joy of the onlookers. Despite the shouting from the bartender, control seems to have been lost here. "I'm going to turn you into a paste!" the attacker shouts as he continues to swing at Nordin.

The doctor would look at Korath with surprise as she sees the wounds. "Oh" she would mutter, glancing away before looking back up. "Did you walk into a power line? Well I think that should heal given a couple of weeks. If you want we can pop you in one of the bacta tanks, but it would take a few days, and it's not cheap. It would be 500 credits a day, and I can't guarantee that those wounds will heal as quickly as I'm sure you'd like".

Mandalorian Combat Check : 3eP+2eD 1 success, 2 advantage

p-s-a.png p-a-a.png p-s-s.png d-th.png d-f-f.png Does 5 base damage to Nordin, advantage spent to add setback dice to Nordin's next check.

"It's been a couple of weeks," Korath replies. "A good Bacta soak's why I'm here."

On 6/4/2019 at 12:41 PM, AtariAssasin said:

Jexal pauses, taking in the motley bunch of force users in front of him. He thinks for a moment on the new information.

"I have tried for a long time to do some good in the galaxy. These gifts we have are capable of bringing much light into a sometimes dark place... but as you said, there are others who would seek to stop us, or corrupt that light. I have survived a long time on my own, and it has allowed me to research a great number of topics. I would hate to see your hopes for a new order serving simply as a unified location to destroy more force users." he speaks carefully, hoping to be blunt but doing his best not to seem harsh.

After a moment he sighs.

"You said you hope to teach these new students in the ways of the force? I too recall the old order, though I was very young when it was destroyed." he trails off for a moment, seemingly lost in thought. "I recall the way people remembered the Jedi, and how they were a beacon for good once... If I were able to serve in some capacity to help bring that light back into the galaxy I would certainly jump at that chance."

Let's see if we can find the others, he closes his eyes for a moment to focus

Seek for for Jonas : 3eP+3eA+5eC+6eF 1 success, 2 threat, 1 Despair, 4 Light Side, 6 Dark Side
p-s-s.png p-a-a.png p-a.png a-s.png a-s.png a--.png c-th-th.png c-th.png c-d.png c-f-f.png c-th-th.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds-ds.png

Foresee : 3eP+3eA+2eD+1eC+6eF 3 successes, 2 advantage, 2 Light Side, 5 Dark Side
p-a-a.png p-a.png p-s-a.png a--.png a-s-s.png a-s-s.png d-th-th.png d--.png c-f-f.png f-ds.png f-ls.png f-ds.png f-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds-ds.png (vs. REI's discipline)

Elias spoke in a hushed voice

One of our human companions and likely the pantoran is in a cantina not far away, and it's likely that sometime in the next 24 hours we may need to rescue a female in the spaceport from mandalorians from the same mercenary company I evaded a week ago during the first order massacre on Dantooine. There is usually greater safety in greater numbers so I suggest meeting up with the others at the cantina, does anyone have an objection to heading there now?

Elias commits a force die to sense defense on the way to the cantina

Edited by EliasWindrider

The large mandalorian lets out an audible growl as he raises a fist, but is stopped by one of the others dressed in the same armour. "Leave it, the kid's not worth it" he mutters. The fighter is pulled back towards the table by the second mandalorian, and the bar slowly return to the usual hubbub one could expect.

The doctor gives Korath a slight smile as she stands up. "Alright then, we do payment in advance, no refunds, I hope that is alright. If you want the two days in the tank, that will be 1,000 credits". With payment sorted, Korath was prepped and placed inside of the bacta tank. Slowly the tank fills as the sedatives do their work. After a few moments the bacta reaches his eyeline, and the world goes dark.

As Korath feels the sedatives take hold, the cold dark of the tank takes hold of him. As he is suspended there for what feels like an eternity, he feels a strange warmth underneath his feet, and beyond his closed eyelids he can almost see some kind of light. Opening his eyes and looking down, there is a surreal site. Korath is stood on a surface made of roiling fire, but there is no pain, no damage. It is as if there is a paper thin pane of glass between the two. Looking around, there is nothing but fire in every direction, enveloping every inch of ground for mile after mile. Above him is the dark blue of space, countless start twinkling up high. Looking around further, Korath sees a strange silhouette not to far to his left. A large serpentine creature, reared up a little, gazing out at the stars. The longer he looks at it, the clearer the creature becomes, and after a moment, Korath recognises it as Duinuogwuin. How could that be though? How could any of these things be possible?

On 6/10/2019 at 8:16 PM, Rabobankrider said:

As Korath feels the sedatives take hold, the cold dark of the tank takes hold of him. As he is suspended there for what feels like an eternity, he feels a strange warmth underneath his feet, and beyond his closed eyelids he can almost see some kind of light. Opening his eyes and looking down, there is a surreal site. Korath is stood on a surface made of roiling fire, but there is no pain, no damage. It is as if there is a paper thin pane of glass between the two. Looking around, there is nothing but fire in every direction, enveloping every inch of ground for mile after mile. Above him is the dark blue of space, countless start twinkling up high. Looking around further, Korath sees a strange silhouette not to far to his left. A large serpentine creature, reared up a little, gazing out at the stars. The longer he looks at it, the clearer the creature becomes, and after a moment, Korath recognises it as Duinuogwuin. How could that be though? How could any of these things be possible?

"Master Oruk," Korath says. "It's been a long time."

Once everyone else had left the Jedi Star , Arvel headed far enough into the spaceport to find a terminal. If the rumors of a Republic General building an army on Mandalore are true, I should be able to find out more about it from the newsfeeds , thought Arvel.

After things had calmed down in the cantina, Aris went up to the bar... to the bar tender she said I'd like a full bottle Corellian whiskey to take with me... if you don't have a bottle from Corellia, one from Socorro or another Correllian colony will do. Also, do you know where I could get in on a game of sabaac, or darts?

Edited by EliasWindrider

The strange serpentine creature tilts its head to look at the jedi, a the hint of a smile can be seen. "What makes you so sure that it is me, young one? After all you were on Mandalore not more than a moment ago. Perhaps this is some kind of trap set for you?" There is the low rumble of a chuckle from the duinuogwuin as it turns back to look out at the stares. As Korath follows the gaze, he could see the planet Mandalore clearly before them. On their journey to the planet, there had been no sun or start this close to the planet, but here he was. "What are you doing here, padawan? Why have you come to this planet?"

As Aris approached the bar, the bartender would look up with a stern look. "One bottle coming up. If you want a game, just ask around" he would state, nodding towards the other patrons. "Just don't cause any trouble".

11 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

The strange serpentine creature tilts its head to look at the jedi, a the hint of a smile can be seen. "What makes you so sure that it is me, young one? After all you were on Mandalore not more than a moment ago. Perhaps this is some kind of trap set for you?" There is the low rumble of a chuckle from the duinuogwuin as it turns back to look out at the stares. As Korath follows the gaze, he could see the planet Mandalore clearly before them. On their journey to the planet, there had been no sun or start this close to the planet, but here he was. "What are you doing here, padawan? Why have you come to this planet?"

As Aris approached the bar, the bartender would look up with a stern look. "One bottle coming up. If you want a game, just ask around" he would state, nodding towards the other patrons. "Just don't cause any trouble".

“I would know you anywhere,” Korath responds. “I’m gathering Force Sensitives to train as Jedi . Dark times have again returned, and we need all of the Jedi we can train. I also needed medical attention as a result of my fight on Kamino.”

Nordin lets out a sigh as the group of large Mandalorians back down.

”I thank you for the aid. That group cornered a couple of pacifists before I stepped in. Unfortunately, I’m not much of a brawler.” He says to the stranger that aided him.

Jexal introduces himself to the others, doing his best to be amiable despite his extended time in the solitude of his research.

”My belonging are frugal, everything that I could not bear to lose I have on my person.” He says to Elias.

”I would very much like to see your ship, perhaps familiarize myself with the systems.”

9 hours ago, AtariAssasin said:

Jexal introduces himself to the others, doing his best to be amiable despite his extended time in the solitude of his research.

”My belonging are frugal, everything that I could not bear to lose I have on my person.” He says to Elias.

”I would very much like to see your ship, perhaps familiarize myself with the systems.”

Our group has 2 ships, neither of them belong to me, and I doubt either owner would welcome people they haven't met poking around their systems, after introductions are made it's an entirely different story. My former master, Korath, may be on his ship now and should be ok with you waiting in the lounge even if he isn't there now. It's essentially a mobile training academy.

"So sure" the master would say, following it with the deep rumble of a chuckle as he looks out at the sight before them. "Certainty can be a stumbling block, young one. Remember that".

Oruk would slowly stand, lumbering around to face Korath fully. The ground below them trembles a little as he moves, standing tall, taller than Korath remembers. "And what would you do with these jedi, Korath? What purpose will they serve in this galaxy now? Do you see yourself as a new grandmaster, for a new jedi order? You speak as if you prepare for battle". The voice was no longer quiet, but booming and filled with command.

On 6/15/2019 at 5:26 AM, AtariAssasin said:

Nordin lets out a sigh as the group of large Mandalorians back down.

”I thank you for the aid. That group cornered a couple of pacifists before I stepped in. Unfortunately, I’m not much of a brawler.” He says to the stranger that aided him.

Aris walks up to the pair and asks the gotal... Hi, I'm Aris we , gesturing towards Jonas, walked in after the fight had already started so didn't see who instigated it, but now I'm gathering that the other guy was apparently the ****** bag responsible. You up for a game of darts? Turning to the newcomer mandalorian (Rei) who had stopped the fight, Remind me to never get on your bad side friend, by the way do you want in on the game of darts too?

Edited by EliasWindrider

“Nordin. A pleasure to meet you.” The Gotal says with a smile.

”Been roughing it by myself for a while, wouldn’t mind some company.”

Jexal nods in return.

”That would be fine. I have a number of texts to read through.”

1 hour ago, AtariAssasin said:

Jexal nods in return.

”That would be fine. I have a number of texts to read through.”

Then I'll take you the ship. Just follow me. He then lead jexal to the jedi star.