Jedi Star IC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

After Aris leaves the Jedi Star , Korath powers up the engines and, getting clearance from the tower, lifts off and heads into orbit. When Aris's ship finally rendezous with the Jedi Star , Korath extends the port docking tube to allow her to dock, hailing her.

"Aris," he calls over the comms. "The is the Jedi Star . Come up along the port side and make a ninety degree roll to starboard, and line up your dorsal airlock with my port docking ring."

The journey to Mandalore was not a long one, only taking a few days in the strange tunnel that is hyperspace. Before long the two ships emerge from the blue and white blur to reveal the infamous planet below them. The descent down to the planet quickly revealed a bustle of freighters and shuttles moving in and out of the openings to the domes. Unlike Gorse, it seemed to be business as usual on Mandalore. The domes were huge grey structures of metal and stone, providing formidable defences against attacks and the elements of the now inhospitable world. The two ships are quickly funnelled into the sky lane leading them into one of the several entrance to the dome, and are greeted by an incredible sight. The capital city of Mandalore is an incredible affair. Gigantic cubic towers reach high into the sky, and the gaps between the buildings are lined with beautiful walkways and great bridges spanning the gap between the towers. A throng of citizens moved below the procession of ships as thousands of people go about their business as they do everyday. You could almost be forgiven for thinking that there was no war when seeing the calm that appeared to take over the city. The impressive view is quickly lost as the ships lower into the huge spaceport that dominated this region of the city, landing with a slight bump. Whatever the jedi had come for, it was going to be difficult with this sheer number of people.

Though the newcomers would most likely not be privy to the most recent developments on mandalore, those who had been here most certainly would know about these on goings. The most recent mandalore; 'Mandalore the Uniter', had died. Bo Katan Kryze had held mandalore together with a firm grip, preventing the three main factions of the planet from burning the planet down with another civil war. Unfortunately however, Mandalore had died as all warriors should, in battle. Any details on this battle, or her death were almost impossible to find, or rather anything accurate. For every story that one could find, fiver other conflicting stories were quick to follow.

With the power vacuum left by the death of Mandalore,the three factions were all vying to be the next to control not only the planet but have sizeable influence among the collection of independent planets. The 'new mandalorians' were still pushing for the pacifist from before the rise of the empire. They believed that peace was the only thing that would protect their planet. The 'old mandalorians' were demanding a return to the old ways of war and glory through battle. They had quickly made it clear that they were willing to return to the old ways by force. The third faction, the 'true mandalorians' were less clear on their desires. For the most part they seemed to want independence from the rest of the galaxy, free to do what they wanted when they wanted. They wanted the mandalorian people to act with honour, not the barbarism of the old mandalorians, but without the cowardice of the new mandalorians (at least that is how they saw it).

Powering down, Korath calls everyone to the briefing room. "I'm staying on board the Jedi Star ," he says. "There's maintenance that needs to be done. I'm leaving Masters Jonas and Drez'n in charge. See what you can find." Over the next fifteen minutes to a half-hour, he then goes over what they can expect in Sundari and on the rest of the planet regarding major features, culture, and the like in order to prepare them more fully.

"Take care," he concludes. "And may the Force be with you."

Over in the stronghold of House Skirata, Kyrimorut , Rei Atin finishes polishing the new set of armor before donning it. Grabbing a cloak and clasping it at the neck, Rei heads out.

"Buir," Rei says in Mando'a. "Buir, Ni'm heading dayn. Cuyir ogir mayen Ni ru'kir cuyir ve'ganir o'r sundari?"

Father, I'm heading out. Is there anything I should get in Sundari?

Edited by Tramp Graphics

The older man would glance up at Rei, and after a moment would shake his head. "No, just don't spend all day out wasting time. You still have jobs to do" he would growl from where he sat. "And be careful, with things going the way they are, you don't need to get involved".

58 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

The older man would glance up at Rei, and after a moment would shake his head. "No, just don't spend all day out wasting time. You still have jobs to do" he would growl from where he sat. "And be careful, with things going the way they are, you don't need to get involved".

"Or'atu borarir sha te nau'ur kad," Rei replies. "Or'atu at beskar'gam at din'waadar. Jate par orilin. Vi got luubid beskar?"

More work at the forge. More to armor to sell. Good for profit. We got enough iron?

Rei's farther would sigh a little as he pushes himself away from the table he was sat at. He was still wearing his armour as he usually did, but he left his helmet on the side. He looked tired, but then he had begun to look more and more tired these days. Perhaps it was age, maybe it was the events on Mandalore. Whatever it was, he did not speak about it. "Rei there is more to this than simple profit. It is about ability, skill. You are not being taught to become a merchant". Rubbing his chin he would seem to dismiss a passing thought. "We have everything we need here, just don't be long out".

"Liser Ni pirimmur te cigihtr?" Rei asks. "Bic's a munit ara at sundari."

Can I use the bike? It's a long way to Sundari.

@Rabobankrider @Jonas Shaaf

Elias: Hey Reesh, I believe we got off on the wrong foot and it was my fault. I was going to look for a park where Mandalorians practice their version of meditative martial arts and participate. I'm always honing my skill, and as the kids say, "game recognizes game," what I'm trying to say is that from the way you move I can tell that you are a competent unarmed fighter and I was wondering if you'd like to join me in the park. Anyone else who wants to participate is welcome to come with us too.

Aris: Thanks for asking, but I was going to hang with Jonas.

Jonas looks over at Korath and says, "Exactly what are we doing here anyway? Not exactly my sort of people, dig? Too much shooting, not enough ****ing."

6 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Aris: Thanks for asking, but I was going to hang with Jonas.

Jonas rasies an eyebrow, "Hang with Jonas? Say what? Respect your elders, youngling! You dig?" Jonas pauses for a moment, "Well unless you got some hooch on board your ship. Korath ain't stocked no bar. In which case, we can 'hang', no doubt."

11 hours ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

Jonas looks over at Korath and says, "Exactly what are we doing here anyway? Not exactly my sort of people, dig? Too much shooting, not enough ****ing."

Jonas rasies an eyebrow, "Hang with Jonas? Say what? Respect your elders, youngling! You dig?" Jonas pauses for a moment, "Well unless you got some hooch on board your ship. Korath ain't stocked no bar. In which case, we can 'hang', no doubt."

Aris rankled at being called a youngling but bit her tongue: It's not a lot but I've got a mini bar with 6 bottles of Corellian whiskey, one is Whyren's reserve which I've been saving for a special occasion, but getting your story, Master Jonas, and figuring out what's going on here seems special enough.

Edited by EliasWindrider

Rei's father would wave dismissively at this question as he turns away. "Yes yes, go ahead. Look I'm expecting some people today so I need to get ready. I'll talk to you later" with that he would turn away to leave the room. He had been quite secretive these last few days, whatever he had been planning or doing, he had kept to himself quite well.

Reesh would look up at Elias through his compound eyes. "Reesh has learn a little of martial arts over the years, yes. Though Reesh does not think what he knows translates to anything meditative. Reesh will join though, Reesh would be interested in seeing what translates as peaceful on Mandalore. Reesh has only seen a few mandalorians over the years, and they were mostly violent thugs".

It doesn't take long for the jedi to find a large grassed area out near the centre of the city. The architecture from the age of the republic still remained, beautiful gardens and intricately designed buildings. There was a certain sense of tranquillity here, many of the new mandalorians held dominance here. The more violent factions stayed near the edges of the city, with only a few of the more brazen ones moving further in. Elias would find an empty space in the park area where a few robed figures seemed to be carrying out the exercises that he had described.

Elias approached the group of robed figures, studied their movements for a while, and when the particular sequence was over asked, pardon me, but may my gand friend and I participate in this with you?

A young woman looks at the strange gathering that had entered the park area before glancing back at the others. "I suppose so, we try to welcome all with an interest in peace". With that they would go back to their soft, fluid movements as the morning wares on. Reesh would go to slump down against a tree and watch the goings on as he takes the moment to rest.

Kark would also stand a little way away, watching with definite interest. This was not a side of the mandalorians that he had seen or heard of, and he hopes to learn a little more by watching.

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

A young woman looks at the strange gathering that had entered the park area before glancing back at the others. "I suppose so, we try to welcome all with an interest in peace". With that they would go back to their soft, fluid movements as the morning wares on. Reesh would go to slump down against a tree and watch the goings on as he takes the moment to rest.

Kark would also stand a little way away, watching with definite interest. This was not a side of the mandalorians that he had seen or heard of, and he hopes to learn a little more by watching.

Farsight or Foresee : 6eF 6 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls-ls.png

Brawl If needed : 3eP+2eD 1 success, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-a-a.png p-tr.png p-a.png d-th-th.png d--.png

Elias closed his eyes, centered himself, and executed identical movements perfectly in sync with the leader. He was as or possibly even more fluid than she was, and watching him induced a sense of peace.

Edited by EliasWindrider
On 5/4/2019 at 9:11 AM, EliasWindrider said:

Aris rankled at being called a youngling but bit her tongue: It's not a lot but I've got a mini bar with 6 bottles of Corellian whiskey, one is Whyren's reserve which I've been saving for a special occasion, but getting your story, Master Jonas, and figuring out what's going on here seems special enough.

Jonas smiles, "Now that sounds like a plan! To your ship!" After arriving and starting on his first whiskey on the rocks, he asks Aris, "So, why do you want out of this? I mean, Korath has been pickin' up all kinds of brothers and sisters. Wants to bu ild him a new Jedi order. Given some of the folks he's gathering, I ain't sure how it'll all work out. I mean beggars can't be choosers, but still..."

20 minutes ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

Jonas smiles, "Now that sounds like a plan! To your ship!" After arriving and starting on his first whiskey on the rocks, he asks Aris, "So, why do you want out of this? I mean, Korath has been pickin' up all kinds of brothers and sisters. Wants to bu ild him a new Jedi order. Given some of the folks he's gathering, I ain't sure how it'll all work out. I mean beggars can't be choosers, but still..."

My adoptive father was a smuggler, and I always wanted to be just like him, and one thing he taught me was information was just as valuable as credits, so being honest, initially I was just curious about the dead body under the sheet on a hover cart. When that Elias guy pulled me in, I almost bolted, but then you gave the eulogy for your friend and I was like wow, you seem like totally committed to saving the galaxy in an honest and not delusional way. Basically there aren't a lot of on the level guys, or gals or other species specific genders for that matter, who are committed to making the galaxy better. I've never considered myself a hero, just someone who extracts credits as a small measure of justice against oppressive regimes. I've helped myself by hurting the evil autocrats. Korath seems to want to be the head of a cult of subservient followers, but you're something different, something new.

Edited by EliasWindrider
23 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

My adoptive father was a smuggler, and I always wanted to be just like him, and one thing he taught me was information was just as valuable as credits, so being honest, initially I was just curious about the dead body under the sheet on a hover cart. When that Elias guy pulled me in, I almost bolted, but then you gave the eulogy for your friend and I was like wow, you seem like totally committed to saving the galaxy in an honest and not delusional way. Basically there aren't a lot of on the level guys, or gals or other species specific genders for that matter, who are committed to making the galaxy better. I've never considered myself a hero, just someone who extracts credits as a small measure of justice against oppressive regimes. I've helped myself by hurting the evil autocrats. Korath seems to want to be the head of a cult of subservient followers, but you're something different, something new.

"Aw, shucks," says Jonas. "Sure know how to make a brother feel appreciated. Ain't no problem with relievin g the wicked of their ill gotten gains. Back in the day, I had a stash of brandy that a crime lord 'donated' to the Jedi order. Just before I dropped him off at a CorSec detention facility, as it turns out. Man, that was some fine stuff!

Jonas continues, "You want to make a difference? Good. But you gotta know who you are, dig? Jedi back in the day thought they were an army. Fought the clone wars. And look what it cost them? Everything. 'Cuz they didn't know who they were. Consider "Know yo'self" your first lesson."

25 minutes ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

"Aw, shucks," says Jonas. "Sure know how to make a brother feel appreciated. Ain't no problem with relievin g the wicked of their ill gotten gains. Back in the day, I had a stash of brandy that a crime lord 'donated' to the Jedi order. Just before I dropped him off at a CorSec detention facility, as it turns out. Man, that was some fine stuff!

Jonas continues, "You want to make a difference? Good. But you gotta know who you are, dig? Jedi back in the day thought they were an army. Fought the clone wars. And look what it cost them? Everything. 'Cuz they didn't know who they were. Consider "Know yo'self" your first lesson."

Right now I'd say I was a stereotypical Corellian smuggler except blue and female. Stereotypical means a talented pilot, gunslinger, gambler and all around scoundrel. I put Corellian in the label because my pops is Corellian and that's how he raised , he'd talk about Han Solo being the real hero of the galactic civil war, cause without him Darth Vader would have killed Luke Skywalker before he blew up the death star, and Han Solo did that without having mystical powers like Vader and Luke Skywalker.

That doesn't mean I'm always going to be just a smuggler, Han became a general in the rebel alliance and married alderaanean princess Leia Organa who became the leader of the rebellion and later the Resistance. I don't know who I'm going to be, and I don't know who the jedi were or are.

So my question is who were the jedi and who should they be now?

Edited by EliasWindrider

In a darkened room within the residential sector of the city sits a lone man as he intently reads over a data terminal. The light of the monitor illuminating his face reveals a middle aged man with a nearly kept beard and long hair pulled back in a loose knot. The man pushes away from the terminal and flicks on a lamp. He stands up and stretches, releasing a series of pops from back as he reaches above his head. His hands move down to the table in front of him as he carefully sorts through a series of datapads and seemingly ancient parchment.

Jexal Thrann takes a look at a depiction of ancient Taung armor set as he rubs his eyes. Suddenly he senses a warm feeling reach through the haze of his exhaustion. It is as if a light has been turned on just beyond his sight, though the room remains dark. Sensing a sudden tug at his instincts he focuses the force through himself, reaching out with his mind. In an instant he notices a collection of powerful force users the likes of which he has not seen in many years. For better or worse he realizes that a contingent of force users have made their way to Mandalore.

Jex binds the scrolls and gathers his datapads in his bag before flicking off the light and closing the terminal. Whoever these individuals are, he will endeavor to learn more about their intentions- he just hopes that this event will not end in conflict.

Edited by AtariAssasin

Loud music spills out into the streets of Mandalore as two men step out of a cantina. A young Gotal steps through the open door, bathed in the fluorescent blue light of the street. The heavy bass of the music seems to fill the room, almost drowning out the sound of small tussle in the rear of the club.

The Gotal steps up to the bar. Clearing his throat he calls out to the bartender "Whiskey."

It has been several weeks since Nordin Karst has been back in the city proper, having spent the majority of his time on the planet familiarizing himself with the flora and fauna of Mandalore. Having only very recently found the time to trade materials gathered in the wild for basic supplies as well as basic room and board at a local establishment, the rest of his credits would most likely be gone after a few stout drinks.

As the whiskey arrives, Nordin once again notices the conflict in the corner of the cantina. A large man spurred on by booze is accosting a young couple as others either urge the man towards a fight or ignore the situation completely. The couples demeanor quickly shifts from discomfort to concern, as the young man steps in front of the woman and gestures towards the door. The choice to deescalate does not seem to go over well, and is instead met with boos and catcalls. The large man grabs the younger by his coat, a glass shatters to the ground, and the young woman yells.

Nordin sighs and quickly downs his drink. He tosses the credit for the drink on the counter and steps forward towards the scuffle.

Edited by AtariAssasin
On 5/8/2019 at 9:24 PM, EliasWindrider said:

So my question is who were the jedi and who should they be now?

Jonas smiles, "And that last part sista, is the real question! If Korath don't jive with you, you'll get his vision. Though I ain't sure it's mine."

Jonas pauses then continues, " You seem to be askin' the right questions. C'mon let's blow this taco stand and head into the city to restock your bar!"

Aris Renn rankles at her Wren being called a taco stand, but figures that Jonas just had a 1 peculiar vernacular. OK let's go. she makes sure to lock the ship's hatch behind her. So, where to?

Jexal emerges into bright sunlight, blinding his eyes for a moment before readjusting. It was a little more peaceful here compared to some of the other sectors of the city where the violent mandalorians had taken residence. Of course it was prudent for a force user to avoid such areas, especially considering their history with the mandalorian people. He had managed to find temporary accommodation in one of the many oddly shaped towers that made up the centre of the city. It was quite a stunning view from up here, looking over the edge he could easily see at least a mile down to the city floor through the clear air. He can also see the many gardens far below that populate the pacifist areas. It really is quite a stunning sight, a chance to forget the danger in the galaxy outside.

In the cantina, as Nordin approaches the violent encounter, he gets a better look at the parties involved. Unlike where Jexal is staying. The area around the spaceport is very much a mixture of all three factions of the planet. As he takes a closer look at the three, he sees a young man and woman dressed in expensive looking robes. They are confronted by a heavy set individual wearing what looks like mandalorian armour, painted red and white. In the corner are another three men dressed in similar fashion, with rifles propped up against the wall behind them.

"Look, we're just going to go alright? We don't want any more trouble" the robed man would say, holding up his hands as he tries to direct himself and the woman towards the door.

"Aw, but then I wouldn't get my fun". the armoured man growls. "What are you going to do to get rid of me huh? Pray me away, knock me out with your non-violence? You kind of people make me sick, spitting on your heritage like that. You know what, I'm gonna make you cry".

Jexal takes in the beauty of the city from one of the viewing points on the tower. He thinks for a moment about the inherent beauty of a planet such as Mandalore, and how it is lost on many of the population. Looking for a secluded spot he sits and begins to meditate, reaching out with the force to locate the force users.
((Using Seek))

Elsewhere, in the cantina- Nordin steps up towards the conflict race an arm towards the group as he does so. He looks to the couple and gives a slight nod before continuing to the larger man.

"Hey there." he calls out, "I'm not sure about you but I don't think these two are worth your time friend. Let me buy you a drink?"

Edited by AtariAssasin