Jedi Star OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

3 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

That shouldn't take too long, since I called the ship to our location. It should be overhead, nearby.

Yep.

What do you want to happen? If I'm remembering correctly rabo wanted us to narrate triumphs and despairs

6 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

What do you want to happen? If I'm remembering correctly rabo wanted us to narrate triumphs and despairs

The book only gives one option for Triumphs on Discipline checks, and that's a Boost Die added to all Allies' Discipline checks the next round. It also says that a Despair on a Disciple check overwhelms the character, making him unable to perform more than one Maneuver the next round.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
1 minute ago, Tramp Graphics said:

The book only gives one option for Triumphs on Discipline checks, and that's a Boost Die added to all Allies' Discipline checks the next round. It also says that a Despair on a Disciple check overwhelms the character, making him unable to perform more than one Maneuver the next round.

Yea but the rules ain't got anything on triumphs and despairs on opposed force checks. I'm fine with the power reversing as if I successfully use seek on you, going with the overwhelmed aspect you could say that you managed to see everywhere I have been, you could potentially use the triumph to have a different force power trigger with Avalon as the focus.

So yes the way I understand rabos request is that he'd like a proposed list of mechanical yay and nay when these two show up and then in the ic the narrative of how we ended up with them

3 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

Yea but the rules ain't got anything on triumphs and despairs on opposed force checks. I'm fine with the power reversing as if I successfully use seek on you, going with the overwhelmed aspect you could say that you managed to see everywhere I have been, you could potentially use the triumph to have a different force power trigger with Avalon as the focus.

So yes the way I understand rabos request is that he'd like a proposed list of mechanical yay and nay when these two show up and then in the ic the narrative of how we ended up with them

Ultimately, the rest is up to @Rabobankrider .

Agh, ok. With the triumph I'm going to say you can grab Avalon. The two despairs I'll deal with in the ic. I think this is going to help move things on.

@Rabobankrider , I need a difficulty for the Astrogation check for Gorse.

@Tramp Graphics , average should do it.

On 2/2/2019 at 5:39 PM, SithArissa said:

Don't think Arissa would care tbh.

But out of curiosity

Computers : 2eA+3eD 1 success
a-a.png a-s-a.png d-th.png d-th.png d--.png

Unexpected. @Rabobankrider

I did the computer check @Rabobankrider

9 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Tramp Graphics , average should do it.

Astrogation : 2eA+1eP+4eF+2eD 1 success, 1 threat, 2 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
a-s-a.png a-s.png p--.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png d-f-th.png d-th.png

I use the two LSPs as Advantages, one of which cancels that Threat.

@SithArissa , sorry, missed that. Ok, you would have found that the remaining soldier is Arvel, and you would have also found an image of him, along with some very basic information (height, age etc, general database stuff).

@Tramp Graphics , cool, you make it to Gorse conveniently a little after the others, so can narrate that when you want.

@Rabobankrider

There's a recent dev ruling that makes getting upgrades while crafting reinforced clothing pointless

so adding the armor inserts to reinforced clothing => 1 soak, 1 defense, 1 hp, but any hp you crafted go poof, and the armor inserts allow you to increase soak defenses and the difficulty of noticing you're wearing armor. so the crafting rolls will be far less involved and repetitive. Elias is only going to buy fabric for 2 attempts and the armor inserts (and zip ties). BTW I just checked and the materials cost to build a standard lightsaber listed in endless vigil is 100 credits not 200 plus the 100 credits for the training emitter

@player3333902 @Lotr_Nerd

58 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@SithArissa , sorry, missed that. Ok, you would have found that the remaining soldier is Arvel, and you would have also found an image of him, along with some very basic information (height, age etc, general database stuff).

@Tramp Graphics , cool, you make it to Gorse conveniently a little after the others, so can narrate that when you want.

No problem. But first, once we get into hyperspace, and get settled in, we've got to research that Torque. @TheShard , @Jonas Shaaf , if either of you also want to research, or help with the research, you're welcome to as well. The library is large enough for everyone.

Lore : 2eA+1eP+5eD 2 successes, 4 threat
a-s-s.png a-s.png p-a.png d-th.png d-th.png d-th-th.png d-f.png d-th.png

The Jedi Star 's Library/Databanks grants one additional Success, giving me three total Successes; it also grants one Advantage, reducing the Threat count to 3.

49 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

@Rabobankrider

There's a recent dev ruling that makes getting upgrades while crafting reinforced clothing pointless

so adding the armor inserts to reinforced clothing => 1 soak, 1 defense, 1 hp, but any hp you crafted go poof, and the armor inserts allow you to increase soak defenses and the difficulty of noticing you're wearing armor. so the crafting rolls will be far less involved and repetitive. Elias is only going to buy fabric for 2 attempts and the armor inserts (and zip ties). BTW I just checked and the materials cost to build a standard lightsaber listed in endless vigil is 100 credits not 200 plus the 100 credits for the training emitter

@player3333902 @Lotr_Nerd

I wouldn't worry about training sabers. The Jedi Star 's dojo is stocked with plenty. All of the apprentices will be loaned one.

1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

No problem. But first, once we get into hyperspace, and get settled in, we've got to research that Torque. @TheShard , @Jonas Shaaf , if either of you also want to research, or help with the research, you're welcome to as well. The library is large enough for everyone.

Lore : 2eA+1eP  +5e  D 2 successes, 4 threat
a-s-s.png a-s.png p-a.png d-th.png d-th.png d-th-th.png d-f.png d-th.png

The Jedi Star 's Library/Databanks grants one additional Success, giving me three total Successes; it also grants one Advantage, reducing the Threat count to 3.

I wouldn't worry about training sabers. The Jedi Star 's dojo is stocked with plenty. All of the apprentices will be loaned one.

Having your own it a whole other thing, as is knowing how to make one. We may tangle with bounty hunters before then. Besides when it comes time to get real sabers all they'll have to do is UNINSTALL the training emitter and install the lightsaber crystal. So it's not wasted effort.

6 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Having your own it a whole other thing, as is knowing how to make one. We may tangle with bounty hunters before then. Besides when it comes time to get real sabers all they'll have to do is UNINSTALL the training emitter and install the lightsaber crystal. So it's not wasted effort.

Perhaps, but I’m going to be co-running an entire session for them to find their crystals and build their sabers. Besides, they need to learn how to build them anyway, and the Jedi Star has those types of plans and diagrams, as well as parts. It’s simply better to give them training sabers to train with until they’re fully ready to find their crystals build their lightsabers once they have the proper training.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
4 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Perhaps, but I’m going to be co-running an entire session for them to find their crystals and build their sabers. Besides, they need to learn how to build them anyway, and the Jedi Star has those types of plans and diagrams, as well as parts.

I'm not getting why they shouldn't learn how to and build their own sabers now . Parts are easy to come by 200 credits for crafting a training saber, Elias has the tools to do it with a boost die, and hands on instruction is preferable to learning from a diagram.

@Rabobankrider can we do the buying of fabric, armor inserts, zip ties, parts for 2 training sabers and building of then, while the Drall crew are in hyperspace/talking about the torque?

I'm leaving this game. Fed up of the power gaming, arguing and tbh most the players. My characters can just be gone, I dont give permission to use them.

1 minute ago, SithArissa said:

I'm leaving this game. Fed up of the power gaming, arguing and tbh most the players. My characters can just be gone, I dont give permission to use them.

No your one of the fun ones

Sith arissa is power gaming, I'm power gaming, tramp actually sorta isnt, Elias is etc it's a master's and apprentice game with 2000xp. Having 2000xp is gonna be a power game. None of these factors have actually impacted game play it's all been ooc drama. Part of said drama isn't even drama it's me and Elias setting up a duel. That arissa isn't apart of. With weapons that may or may not enter game play as they are currently in the story's narrative broken and unusable. It was going to be part of his final arc to fix and use them.

As rabo stated earlier these master's will eventually be dead or retired. They are the ideal builds of various character concepts who will eventually be removed from the spotlight. Who cares what they have. At least that's my opinion. Keep them true to concept. Who cares if the fact you can eliminate most anything in one hit comes from maxing your crits so any time you get dmg on an enemy the die instantly or from a wierd saber configuration, or being able to toss tie fighters at opponents. Its weird people have been so hostile about frankly superfluous things. I'll accept whatever nurfs or asterisks people wanna put on my gear because it's largely irrelevant and unimportant enough to get angry over.

The whole draw of this is being able to play out a character in a way that normal games wouldn't allow. I wanna push Drez'n to see what eventually can kill him. I'm not in a pissing match with other PC's.

And @Rabobankrider your right. I apologise for being the catalyst here. I didnt expect this. So for like the manyth time I'm reiterating I'll accept whatever gear load out is deemed okay.

5 minutes ago, TheShard said:

Sith arissa is power gaming, I'm power gaming, tramp actually sorta isnt, Elias is etc it's a master's and apprentice game with 2000xp. Having 2000xp is gonna be a power game. None of these factors have actually impacted game play it's all been ooc drama. Part of said drama isn't even drama it's me and Elias setting up a duel. That arissa isn't apart of. With weapons that may or may not enter game play as they are currently in the story's narrative broken and unusable. It was going to be part of his final arc to fix and use them.

As rabo stated earlier these master's will eventually be dead or retired. They are the ideal builds of various character concepts who will eventually be removed from the spotlight. Who cares what they have. At least that's my opinion. Keep them true to concept. Who cares if the fact you can eliminate most anything in one hit comes from maxing your crits so any time you get dmg on an enemy the die instantly or from a wierd saber configuration, or being able to toss tie fighters at opponents. Its weird people have been so hostile about frankly superfluous things. I'll accept whatever nurfs or asterisks people wanna put on my gear because it's largely irrelevant and unimportant enough to get angry over.

The whole draw of this is being able to play out a character in a way that normal games wouldn't allow. I wanna push Drez'n to see what eventually can kill him. I'm not in a pissing match with other PC's.

And @Rabobankrider your right. I apologise for being the catalyst here. I didnt expect this. So for like the manyth time I'm reiterating I'll accept whatever gear load out is deemed okay.

the main difference between what you are doing and what everyone else is doing is power without concept. Sith Arissa's character concept is ruthless darkside user high crit is normal for that and all the people she's one shot where minions that get one shot by crits, **** i was going to have excal'ur kick the bucket in a duel with the inquisitor (or equivalent of) that killed his master after he switched out his crystal to his masters cracked crystal, that excal'ur has kept as a memento of his failure.

that is the difference between tramp and yourself, as apposed to the rest of us both of you have said "but they can do it why can't i?", while we go "this is my concept, can i have the things needed for it?" yes we have been given a lot of freedom in the creation of our masters and that has resulted in powerful pseudo-NPC's but you and tramps seem to be trying to have a one-upmanship, where only you can be the one that can does things, the only one that can resolve the problem, and while you are subtle, more so with tramp, this behaviour is still toxic

6 hours ago, SithArissa said:

Please don't leave.

@SithArissa , fair enough, though I think most people would be happy if you changed your mind. The decision is yours of course.

@EliasWindrider , I'd rather priorities getting your apprentice into the party before you do that, it will keep things simpler for me.

The power gaming in this campaign is pretty ******* rampant to be fair, and with hindsight I probably should have stomped on it a lot more than I have.

10 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@SithArissa , fair enough, though I think most people would be happy if you changed your mind. The decision is yours of course.

@EliasWindrider , I'd rather priorities getting your apprentice into the party before you do that, it will keep things simpler for me.

The power gaming in this campaign is pretty ******* rampant to be fair, and with hindsight I probably should have stomped on it a lot more than I have.

Almost resolved, waiting on Tino to reply to Aris' question.

@player3333902

im done bye

Ok, so now we have @Jonas Shaaf , @player3333902 , @TheShard , @EliasWindrider and @Tramp Graphics . We've lost quite a few players, so I'm going to try something different with game rules:

1. The arguing: ******* stop it. As of now if there is a disagreement, you get one post each, and then the gm makes a ruling. This applies to all situations. If you want to continue arguing, you can take it to the pm's and fight to your hearts content. If it continues on the thread here I will come down on you like a tonne of bricks.
  2. The power gaming: Also stop it. It may be fun for some people (and fair enough to them), but most people do not. It bogs things down and makes the game feel like work. This is all increased notably in a pbp because everything takes longer. This system has not been designed for this over the top bull, so pack it in.

I am also very close to leaving, so this stuff needs fixing, and it needs fixing fast. This session has taken almost twice as long as I planned, and a big part of that is due to the problems above. As I say, resolve them, or the game will end up dying.