Jedi Star OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

their suggesting to use it like zeratul did in this not hack it open

17 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Yeah, I'd rather keep property damage to a minimum.

Turning on a glowing blade. To illuminate an area. Now equals property damage. Should we put all the dust and snow back in place before we leave so we aren't vandalising the place? The place thats only got us and dead guys in it thats been abandoned for years?

Edited by SithArissa

@Rabobankrider with how much time people have been faffing around with this safe do i see anything else of interest?

1 minute ago, SithArissa said:

Turning on a glowing blade. To illuminate an area. Now equals property damage. Should we put all the dust and snow back in place before we leave so we aren't vandalising the place? The place thats only got us and dead guys in it thats been abandoned for years?

No, but using it to cut open this compartment would be. Besides, illumination of the area is what glow rods are for.

There's not much else to see at this point beyond the cabinet and the corpse. I will ask though that the guys on Drall make a decision soon, I would like to move you guys off this planet asap.

Can the triumph be that it's so rusty the mechanisms just crumble and it falls open?

Edited by TheShard
3 minutes ago, TheShard said:

Can the triumph be that it's so rusty the mechanisms just crumble and it falls open?

You can determine that the mechanism is rusted and won't open to anything save force

@TheShard , so you don't find a mechanism or anything, but your triumph tells you that this is because this is a 'force lock'. It's an old jedi trick to protect valuables so only force users can open these. A hard discipline check should do it.

@EliasWindrider , an average streetwise (with a boost if @Jonas Shaaf uses local knowledge to help) should point you towards a place that might sell what you're looking for (not a success does not guarantee you'll get everything you need).

7 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@TheShard , so you don't find a mechanism or anything, but your triumph tells you that this is because this is a 'force lock'. It's an old jedi trick to protect valuables so only force users can open these. A hard discipline check should do it.

@EliasWindrider , an average streetwise (with a boost if @Jonas Shaaf uses local knowledge to help) should point you towards a place that might sell what you're looking for (not a success does not guarantee you'll get everything you need).

How about Move with the Fine Manipulation upgrade?

Not really no. This is more to do with your connection to the force than anything else. Think of it like a temple door being unlocked in rebels or clone wars. The reason it's a discipline check is because it's been designed for those strong in the force to open it.

8 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Not really no. This is more to do with your connection to the force than anything else. Think of it like a temple door being unlocked in rebels or clone wars. The reason it's a discipline check is because it's been designed for those strong in the force to open it.

Discipline : 3eP+3eD 1 success, 1 advantage
p-s-a.png p-a-a.png p-s-a.png d-th-th.png d-th.png d-f.png

Ok cool, I'll sort an ic post when I have time, hopefully tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Streetwise : 2eA+1eB+2eD 1 success
a-s-a.png a--.png b-s-a.png d-th.png d-f-th.png

I'm not challenging the ruling I'm just seeking clarification on the division of labor/split on knowledge underworld vs streetwise... Elias has a lot better pool for knowledge underworld than for streetwise.

Edited by EliasWindrider
On 2/4/2019 at 4:27 AM, EliasWindrider said:

Elias just offered Jar (who is at zero credits) and Tino (who is at 375 credits and doesn't need a loan) to let them borrow up to 300 credits to buy the parts they need to build training sabers, and the task you had been given is to think about what you what you want your saber hilt to look like. Also essentially our only chance to sell the shuttle bottomed out because of a failure to communicate.

@player3333902

I’m fine with that. Akua’ll probably take Arvel as her apprentice, with @Jonas Shaaf ‘s permission of course.

tino will try to communicate with aris, while keeping wary of the jedi as he still isn’t sure why their so kind to him.

9 hours ago, player3333902 said:

I’m fine with that. Akua’ll probably take Arvel as her apprentice, with @Jonas Shaaf ‘s permission of course.

tino will try to communicate with aris, while keeping wary of the jedi as he still isn’t sure why their so kind to him.

I wasn't claiming any apprentice characters, this was just an offer of a loan and a lesson of how to build a training saber.

13 hours ago, player3333902 said:

Arvel is totally down for that!

@EliasWindrider , streetwise is the ability to find stuff, picking up on ques with criminal types etc. Underworld is more planetary, identifying planets where criminal acts may occur, how businesses are run etc. For the success you would think you spotted a fabric type shop a little way back up the road.

@player3333902 , you can just walk a bit away from the group if you don't want them to hear you. Feel free to post your communication when ready.

@Rabobankrider , what's the difficulty for a Lore check to figure out the history and significance of this torque. I'll be making the check once we're underway and I have access to the library.

On 2/9/2019 at 10:04 PM, Tramp Graphics said:

"If you don't mind," Korath says, "I'd like to study that further once we're back on the ship."

"Where'd that boy get off to now? "

to find Avalon

Seek : 3eP+3eF+1eD+2eC 1 success, 1 Triumph, 2 Despair, 1 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
p-a.png p-s-s.png p-tr.png f-ds.png f-ls.png f-ds.png d-th.png c-d.png c-d.png

Oh, well, Not enough LSPs.

well that's not good

i wonder how where going to resolve that

Edited by Stormbourne

@Tramp Graphics , it would be a daunting lore.

3 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Tramp Graphics , it would be a daunting lore.

@Tramp Graphics when you get to Gorse you can show it to Elias, his 4 yellow 1 green knowledge lore pool has a decent chance at puzzlingly this out, especially if he's assisted by the jedi star's library.

@Tramp Graphics , @Stormbourne , @SithArissa and @TheShard , when you guys are ready you can head back to your ship. For the sake of speed you should be able to make the walk back without any issues.

8 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Tramp Graphics , @Stormbourne , @SithArissa and @TheShard , when you guys are ready you can head back to your ship. For the sake of speed you should be able to make the walk back without any issues.

We still need to deal with the triumph and despairs of tramps roll as they don't get negated by not using the power i asked FFG cause i was curious about it this is their response:

when rolling an opposed force check can i negate any despairs i roll by not activating the power? e.g. use seek roll 1S, 1Tr, 2De, 1 light, 2 dark

No, I’m afraid that if you roll a Despair, you have to deal with it (whether or not the power is successfully activated or not).

same for rolling a triumph? as in the given example?

Also yes.

Edited by Stormbourne
21 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

That shouldn't take too long, since I called the ship to our location. It should be overhead, nearby.

13 hours ago, Stormbourne said:

We still need to deal with the triumph and despairs of tramps roll as they don't get negated by not using the power i asked FFG cause i was curious about it this is their response:

when rolling an opposed force check can i negate any despairs i roll by not activating the power? e.g. use seek roll 1S, 1Tr, 2De, 1 light, 2 dark

No, I’m afraid that if you roll a Despair, you have to deal with it (whether or not the power is successfully activated or not).

same for rolling a triumph? as in the given example?

Also yes.

Yep.