Jedi Star OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Just now, Rabobankrider said:

@Tramp Graphics , it is a daunting skulduggery, it's not going to be easy to identify a way into this.

lightsaber

@Rabobankrider so how about the PCs on Gorse leave the bar to head to the market to find parts for tino and jar to build training sabers and we come across a bunch of thugs harassing pops Aris, and most of his crew is either beat up or being held at blaster point and the head thug is saying if you can't pay what you owe the boss we'll take either your daughter or your ship including its cargo to settle the debt, so what's it going to be? Elias interjects a ship is a ship right? Any ship would settle the debt and we have a spare we've been wanting to sell. How about I give that ship to settle his debt to your boss?

Pops could claim that he settled that debt a long time ago, and he probably did, but the boss doesn't agree (maybe the old boss "retired suddenly" before recording the payment in his ledger and the new boss who took his place didn't know that and has been charging interest ever since).

At this point pops wants to go with the thugs to make sure that the settling of the debt gets recorded in the ledger but wants to get his daughter offworld safely, figures that Elias who was betting that he could take down pops whole crew by himself would make a good body guard, and since he's offering up the shuttle may he was being honest that he wasn't trying to insult him, and he doesn't have a lot of good options at the moment so he gives Aris to Elias as "collateral" for what he owes (transfer of debt), but pops asks how do I know that I'll get Aris back safe and sound, Elias promises to protect her with his life Chemdat volunteers to join pops crew in the interim because he was planning to ditch his brother as soon as he got his share of the credits from the sale of the shuttle anyway, and this seems like the best way to get paid. At that point they go back to the docking bay and pops and the thugs and maybe Chemdat (he could be waiting outside pops ship or go with pops to the boss).

2 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Tramp Graphics , it is a daunting skulduggery, it's not going to be easy to identify a way into this.

Skulduggery : 1eA+1eP+1eB+5eD 1 success, 1 threat
a-s.png p-s.png b-s-a.png d--.png d--.png d-th.png d-f-th.png d-f.png

The Force is with me. 😎

@EliasWindrider , honestly these plans feel veeeery scripted, and are going to extend the time on Gorse longer then I wanted. Honestly, the easiest way to deal with this as far as I can tell is Chemdat goes '**** this' and takes the imperial shuttle to **** off, and your new character looking to go out on her own to create her own legend (like he father) decideds to leave with this strange party without her fathers blessing (you wanted him protective, so he's not likely to say 'yeah, you guys take my daughter' even if you help them). This will save me a lot of time and effort.

Ok cool, @Tramp Graphics , couple of points first: You forgot your setback dice, and I'm not sure where that boost came from, because your triumph helped you find this hidden compartment in the first place.

@SithArissa , if you do want to check the bases computers for any sign of whoever was here, it'll be a hard computers check.

@Stormbourne , please ask ooc questions in the ooc thread to try and keep the ic thread neat.

Don't think Arissa would care tbh.

But out of curiosity

Computers : 2eA+3eD 1 success
a-a.png a-s-a.png d-th.png d-th.png d--.png

Unexpected. @Rabobankrider

Edited by SithArissa
34 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@EliasWindrider , honestly these plans feel veeeery scripted, and are going to extend the time on Gorse longer then I wanted. Honestly, the easiest way to deal with this as far as I can tell is Chemdat goes '**** this' and takes the imperial shuttle to **** off, and your new character looking to go out on her own to create her own legend (like he father) decideds to leave with this strange party without her fathers blessing (you wanted him protective, so he's not likely to say 'yeah, you guys take my daughter' even if you help them). This will save me a lot of time and effort.

Ok cool, @Tramp Graphics , couple of points first: You forgot your setback dice, and I'm not sure where that boost came from, because your triumph helped you find this hidden compartment in the first place.

@SithArissa , if you do want to check the bases computers for any sign of whoever was here, it'll be a hard computers check.

@Stormbourne , please ask ooc questions in the ooc thread to try and keep the ic thread neat.

Here’s the Setback:

Skulduggery (addendum) : 1eS 0 successes, 1 threat
s-th.png

@Tramp Graphics , ok, so removing the boost dice, your total roll is blank with 3 threat, so as far as you are concerned, there is not a way past this, maybe it is just a seam.

8 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Tramp Graphics , ok, so removing the boost dice, your total roll is blank with 3 threat, so as far as you are concerned, there is not a way past this, maybe it is just a seam.

The boost came from the core book page 124:

A Truiumph may be spent to notice details that could be useful later, allowing the characters to gain one boost die on all future interactions with the noticed element.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

The triumph found you the compartment in the first place, a boost in this situation doesn't really apply I'm afraid.

54 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

I felt that it would seem out of place and many wouldn't understand but otherwise shall do so

Sorry guys for not posting for a while, things kinda went more off the rails than I expected prepping for and returning from the Phoenix Kotei. Where are we at?

8 minutes ago, Lotr_Nerd said:

Sorry guys for not posting for a while, things kinda went more off the rails than I expected prepping for and returning from the Phoenix Kotei. Where are we at?

Well we've infiltrated the first orders super weapon all the venerable characters are dead along with half the apprentices and we are currently facing off a inquisitor they survived the collapse of the empire

1 hour ago, Lotr_Nerd said:

Elias just offered Jar (who is at zero credits) and Tino (who is at 375 credits and doesn't need a loan) to let them borrow up to 300 credits to buy the parts they need to build training sabers, and the task you had been given is to think about what you what you want your saber hilt to look like. Also essentially our only chance to sell the shuttle bottomed out because of a failure to communicate.

@player3333902

1 hour ago, Stormbourne said:

Well we've infiltrated the first orders super weapon all the venerable characters are dead along with half the apprentices and we are currently facing off a inquisitor they survived the collapse of the empire

@Lotr_Nerd he was joking none of that has happened except that a/the big bad is a former imperial inquisitor.

@TheShard , if you want to try open the seam in the cupboard, it's the same check as it was for @Tramp Graphics . However because we need some dp's flipped, I will be using one to upgrade the difficulty once.

3 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@TheShard , if you want to try open the seam in the cupboard, it's the same check as it was for @Tramp Graphics . However because we need some dp's flipped, I will be using one to upgrade the difficulty once.

@SithArissa bad news for you

@Rabobankrider could I use mechanics to dismantle it completely?

There's currently no way to really dismantle it. The seam is far too narrow to get a tool in there. If you have a fusion cutter or similar tool, or want to use the lightsaber you can try that, but it's not without risk.

22 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

There's currently no way to really dismantle it. The seam is far too narrow to get a tool in there. If you have a fusion cutter or similar tool, or want to use the lightsaber you can try that, but it's not without risk.

Drez'n has the Mental Tools Force talent, so, he should be able to pull it off using that. It's a passive talent that allows him to always have the :right tools for the job" when performing mechanics checks. So he doesn't even need tools.

Well the 'right tool' as I said is a fusion cutter, because there's no opening to get a tool in. However I have just realised that this check could have been done with lore as well, same difficulty for it.

I'll take lore! Daunting with a setback?

@TheShard it would be daunting still yes, 1 setback for the dark making it hard to see.

40 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@TheShard it would be daunting still yes, 1 setback for the dark making it hard to see.

Turn on the lightsaber to light it up?

That would work.

9 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

Turn on the lightsaber to light it up?

8 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

That would work.

Yeah, I'd rather keep property damage to a minimum.