Jedi Star OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

@Rabobankrider , hope this suffices for my force enchanced jump. Will be using 1 ls pip to succesfully enchance the jump(using it as a manuever), how far is the range if it is more than short range, will use another ls pip to increase the range(shouldn't be more than medium right?) and i'll use the other 2 to add advantages to my jump. Maybe I catch the guy off guard and cause some troopers to be blown back?

Athletics enchanced jump to reach the black robed man : 1eA+2eP+3eF+2eD 1 success, 4 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
a-s-s.png p-s.png p--.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png d-f.png d-f.png

Edited by player3333902

Well elias is still holding the door and please hold off on attacking i have a plan

1 minute ago, Stormbourne said:

Well elias is still holding the door and please hold off on attacking i have a plan

No prob, just making the roll first

Guys I'm going to throw the door instead of drop it and would I'd prefer if Teetoe follows it up with a burst of fire to clear out some stormtroopers near the door. And be given free reign to take potshots at the man in black as long as 1 of us isn't engaged with him.

6 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Guys I'm going to throw the door instead of drop it and would I'd prefer if Teetoe follows it up with a burst of fire to clear out some stormtroopers near the door. And be given free reign to take potshots at the man in black as long as 1 of us isn't engaged with him.

Hopefully akua could have a go at the man? Mace taught her to always know her enemies as best as she could and she adopted the echani way of thinking, feeling that knowing someone comes best from fighting them, so she wants to fight him now XD. Sorry she's just a bit of a combat nerd like me irl XD

10 minutes ago, player3333902 said:

Hopefully akua could have a go at the man? Mace taught her to always know her enemies as best as she could and she adopted the echani way of thinking, feeling that knowing someone comes best from fighting them, so she wants to fight him now XD. Sorry she's just a bit of a combat nerd like me irl XD

If we have a go at the man we risk death/capture, no one holds up to vehicle weapons so it's a chance to erase them and there being nothing left to know, and taking out their leader straight off would hopefully demoralize the stormtroopers send them running, but even if Teetoe takes out the man in black/which is possibly unlikely given the dicepools he might be facing, I'm sure there will be some stormtroopers to deal with so you'd still get the chance to fight something, but Teetoe is @CathyKitten 's character so it's her choice not mine or yours all we can do is suggest courses of action

1 minute ago, EliasWindrider said:

If we have a go at the man we risk death/capture, no one holds up to vehicle weapons so it's a chance to erase them and there being nothing left to know, and taking out their leader straight off would hopefully demoralize the stormtroopers send them running, but even if Teetoe takes out the man in black/which is possibly unlikely given the dicepools he might be facing, I'm sure there will be some stormtroopers to deal with so you'd still get the chance to fight something, but Teetoe is @CathyKitten 's character so it's her choice not mine or yours all we can do is suggest courses of action

Well excal'ur was going to cloak everyone with misdirect

5 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

Well excal'ur was going to cloak everyone with misdirect

If you did that after teetoe took out every stormtrooper with a field of view there'd be fewer minion groups which would make using misdirect easier/possible

It's very possible to get them to think that this was an ambush that they walked into and we were using hit and fade guerrilla warfare tactics.

Edited by EliasWindrider

@Rabobankrider can I have used the triumph on my first move check, the one to resist the bomb, to trigger blast on it and take out a mess of stormtroopers? the narrative was they used a shape charge but since the door became an immovable object the blast redirected outward and hit some stormtroopers who knew they were in what normaly would have been a safe zone. And their plan was to be in the closest save zone to shock and awe us (assuming that they were going to use it similar to a flash bang in swat tactics) maybe they get hit by their own concussive too?

Edited by EliasWindrider
2 hours ago, player3333902 said:

@Rabobankrider , hope this suffices for my force enchanced jump. Will be using 1 ls pip to succesfully enchance the jump(using it as a manuever), how far is the range if it is more than short range, will use another ls pip to increase the range(shouldn't be more than medium right?) and i'll use the other 2 to add advantages to my jump. Maybe I catch the guy off guard and cause some troopers to be blown back?

Athletics enchanced jump to reach the black robed man : 1eA+2eP+3eF+2eD 1 success, 4 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
a-s-s.png p-s.png p--.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png d-f.png d-f.png

Don't forget your free white pip from empty soul.

Also everyone present should roll initiative (Elias and chemdat already did)

Edited by EliasWindrider
3 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Don't forget your free white pop from empty soul.

Talking of free white pips how to spend net STTAA on one with the universe

Edited by Stormbourne
4 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

Talking of free white pips how to spend net STTAA on one with the universe

I'd use it to convince them that this was an ambush that we set and they walked into, and we disappeared/ faded after the initial attack. It should really freak them out that we somehow knew that they were coming when they thought they were ambushing us.

Edited by EliasWindrider
12 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I'd use it to convince them that this was an ambush that we set and they walked into, and we disappeared/ faded after the initial attack. It should really freak them out that we somehow knew that they were coming when they thought they were ambushing us.

Ah sorry tgis is a different game where i used one with the universe (Average astrogation check to add LS to all force rolls for the remained of this encounter) i rolled a net STTAA so woundering how would i send that?

4 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

Ah sorry tgis is a different game where i used one with the universe (Average astrogation check to add LS to all force rolls for the remained of this encounter) i rolled a net STTAA so woundering how would i send that?

Do you have STTAA to spend in this game? If so my previous comment is still my response (the 2 triumph +2 advantage should be more than sufficient to convince them that they walked into our ambush given the failure/backfire of the bomb)

Edited by EliasWindrider
11 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Do you have STTAA to spend in this game? If so my previous comment is still my response (the 2 triumph +2 advantage should be more than sufficient to convince them that they walked into our ambush given the failure/backfire of the bomb)

This is a different game

Just now, Stormbourne said:

This is a different game

Ok

Drez'n is like a dwarven samurai.

A warrior/poet

Drez'n would be a saber teacher no doubt. From start to finish. From building a saber completely from scratch; cutting, polishing and setting the crystal, smithing or carving the handle, emitter tuning and final assembly but also everything you can do with a saber.

He can duel second only to duelists, and excels dealing with multiple opponents or tanking dangerous enemies, as he is classically a jedi. Defensive first. However beyond the construction and use of a saber, he will teach it's philosophy. The duality of violence and peace. He will teach the most basic and fundamental use of a saber, its ability to prevent conflict altogether and encourage a more honest and sincere negotiated resolution to a problem.

The saber is to him a very philosophically integral part of being a Jedi.

The careers really reflect him well.

A defender, always sharpening his blade in case the enemy comes. Always on guard who looks to the horizon for evil's approach, and thus also the future to divine the force with a seer's eye. Learning to feel its tremors even in real time to learn where an enemies strike may come, a true Knight feeling the flow of combat. And most of all the final arbiter of peace.

Edited by TheShard

I imagine stringent saber lessons where students have to precisely shave intricate shapes into hedges while discussing poetry. To master both physicality and form, discipline and creativity and to be both violent and full of peace.

I can see a field trip to work a month at a mine gathering enough ore by hand to smith into the metal for the students handles, teaching them hard work and patience. Then having them learn to bang it out by hand with an anvil and hammer, fire and bellows.

I could see him and the sith (as he would call her) having both a lot of conflict as two ways of approaching the saber... But also a deep respect as she is truly an equal or his better.

17 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

From an odds of success for various difficulties perspective, proficient statistically means having at least 4 positive dice in your pool, and preferably (but not required) at least one of them is yellow. Specialization is when you have at least 5 positive dice. Basically it's reasonable for you to argue that Korath is proficient at any task where he gets to add his force dice to the check and spend pips for success/advantage, however, and this may just be my personal bias, I tend to exclude force dice and equipment bonuses when determining the label of proficient or not for skills.

I know you didn't use an intelligent DESIGN strategy for Korath's build but your dice pools seem to be designed with the goal of failing checks with triumph (maybe for comedic effect?). I'm not saying this to bash your character, I just think that you'd be happier if you regularly succeeded on checks. If that's not important to you, then feel free to ignore my advice on how I would spend xp moving forward if I were running Korath. What matters is if you are happy with how Korath plays relative to the other master characters in the group. If you are great, if not you should do something to improve Korath's success rate starting with the checks that are most important to you.

Yes, it is your personal bias, one I don't share.

As it stands, Korath's skill checks do succeed more often than not. By RAW, trained proficiency is a matter of how many ranks of training in a skill you have: 1-2 ranks is considered basic proficiency, 3-4 ranks is considered professional level proficiency, and 5 ranks is considered master level proficiency in a skill. Korath has at least basic proficiency in almost every skill, and professional level proficiency with a lightsaber. My Dice pools aren't "designed" for anything. They are the way they are because that is how the character evolved organically during actual play . Do I intend to further his advancement in Lightsaber , Discipline , and Piloting ? Absolutely. However, they are not my top priority at the moment.

27 minutes ago, TheShard said:

I imagine stringent saber lessons where students have to precisely shave intricate shapes into hedges while discussing poetry. To master both physicality and form, discipline and creativity and to be both violent and full of peace.

I can see a field trip to work a month at a mine gathering enough ore by hand to smith into the metal for the students handles, teaching them hard work and patience. Then having them learn to bang it out by hand with an anvil and hammer, fire and bellows.

I could see him and the sith (as he would call her) having both a lot of conflict as two ways of approaching the saber... But also a deep respect as she is truly an equal or his better.

I'm still trying to figure out how to convert the Faalow's Cadences rules from Galaxy Guide 9 over from D6 to F&D. I do want to use them as part of the students' training.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

Arissa likes killing people.

4 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

I'm still trying to figure out how to convert the Faalow's Cadences rules from Galaxy Guide 9 over from D6 to F&D. I do want to use them as part of the students' training.

I could totally see students overhearing Korath and Drez'n discussing the merits of this method and just groan.

But yes this is exactly the idea behind Drez'n.

He is biased towards a sort of pedantic philosphizing of the force.

Edited by TheShard
2 minutes ago, TheShard said:

I could totally see students overhearing Korath and Drez'n discussing the merits of this method and just groan.

But yes this is exactly the idea behind Drez'n.

He is biased towards a sort of pedantic philosphizing of the force.

Well, if you have GG9, and have any ideas on how to actually convert the mechanics of the cadences over I'd be grateful.

Hmm I'm just going by the wiki description.

First cadence would be a test using sense/farsight somehow upgraded by ranks in sabers or something?

You'd have a set amount of threats and successes and roll until you hit too many candles or completed it.

Second would be the same but with seek/farsight

Third based off ebb/flow or battle meditation

Fourth would require an astrogation check for the spatial calculations maybe your lightsaber attribute but with ranks in astrogation instead of lightsaber?

Fifth based on move and the lightsaber skill somehow

Edited by TheShard
14 minutes ago, TheShard said:

Hmm I'm just going by the wiki description.

First cadence would be a test using sense/farsight somehow upgraded by ranks in sabers or something?

You'd have a set amount of threats and successes and roll until you hit too many candles or completed it.

Second would be the same but with seek/farsight

Third based off ebb/flow or battle meditation

Fourth would require an astrogation check for the spatial calculations maybe your lightsaber attribute but with ranks in astrogation instead of lightsaber?

Fifth based on move and the lightsaber skill somehow

I have something to send you but I think your PM box is full.

Edited by Tramp Graphics