Jedi Star OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

@Rabobankrider Going to try to BS my way out of this one --- ideally using Deception, but it is your call. See IC thread

Btw @Stormbourne , what happened on lanthrym? XD not sure if u made it up or smth actually happened

1 minute ago, player3333902 said:

Btw @Stormbourne , what happened on lanthrym? XD not sure if u made it up or smth actually happened

details for you to decide

@player3333902 , I think the setback in this case will just be a strain to represent it being tricky to pinpoint your target.

@Jonas Shaaf , it will be a hard deception to see if you can con your way out of this. Just to let you know, you are still able to act as usual, it's just your are temporarily suffering the blinded critical injury due to the carbonite. I'll let you know when it passes and then you can remove the critical as well.

@EliasWindrider , what is your plan for Dantooine at the moment? I'm assuming you'll want to to try and track the source of the force you felt earlier?

@player3333902 , if @Lotr_Nerd is ok with his character being linked to the Black Sun I will get my next post sorted for Tatooine.

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

@player3333902 , I think the setback in this case will just be a strain to represent it being tricky to pinpoint your target.

@Jonas Shaaf , it will be a hard deception to see if you can con your way out of this. Just to let you know, you are still able to act as usual, it's just your are temporarily suffering the blinded critical injury due to the carbonite. I'll let you know when it passes and then you can remove the critical as well.

@EliasWindrider , what is your plan for Dantooine at the moment? I'm assuming you'll want to to try and track the source of the force you felt earlier?

@player3333902 , if @Lotr_Nerd is ok with his character being linked to the Black Sun I will get my next post sorted for Tatooine.

Got it.

You seem kinda full up now, and have a morally ambiguous character from the looks of it, dunno if I should rejoin?

1 hour ago, SithArissa said:

You seem kinda full up now, and have a morally ambiguous character from the looks of it, dunno if I should rejoin?

Sure. Please rejoin. The ship can hold up to 22 people, so two more won't fill it up.

Gonna modify my characters is light of the new books then.

2 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

Gonna modify my characters is light of the new books then.

That's fine. What were you thinking of changing?

Edited by Tramp Graphics
1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

That's fine. What were you thinking of changing?

Arissa now has Juyo berserker (As Juyo is the form the ancient Sith Lord she idolises used) and Xanth is Niman/Magus. (Yes I like to flirt with the Darkside.)

4 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

Arissa now has Juyo berserker (As Juyo is the form the ancient Sith Lord she idolises used) and Xanth is Niman/Magus. (Yes I like to flirt with the Darkside.)

flirting with the darkside is always fun. all hail slaanesh

6 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

That works.

1 hour ago, SithArissa said:

Yay someone who is a juyo berserker with akua XD

Edited by player3333902

are there weapons on the sub?

11 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

are there weapons on the sub?

Good question. @Rabobankrider , what is this submersible? Are there any stats we should know about (give me the book and page numbers and I can look them up).

Edited by Tramp Graphics
13 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

I'll make a seek check when they get to garang... however the ship that appears to have been selected is an arc-170 and that I think only holds 3 people while we have to transport 5, akua, teetoe, excal'ur, Elias and chemdat

15 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Deception : 3eP+1eA+1eB+3eD+6eF 2 successes, 1 Triumph, 4 Light Side, 4 Dark Side
p-tr.png p--.png p-s-s.png a-a-a.png b--.png d-f-th.png d--.png d-th.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds.png

I use the 4 LSP to add success / advantage as appropriate and useful. And I'll use the Triumph to have the lead Nikto decide I'll be more useful to him if I get to keep my gear...

@Stormbourne I like how you're playing Avalon as a such a "little kid" :)

Edited by Jonas Shaaf
typo
1 minute ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

@Stormbourne I like how you're playing Avalon is a such a "little kid" :)

well yea growing up sucks

Elias is periodically (every few hours) doing seek on Akua to check if she got to Garang yet

Here's the roll when she's approaching so he can meet her as she arrives

Seek for Akua once she gets to Garang : 4eF 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
f-ds.png f-ls.png f-ds.png f-ls.png

here's a sense roll to check for additional force sensitives when she arrives; the force-was/dice-were not with me

given my orokos dice roll track record, crushed a sense->foresee check, barely passed 2 seek checks, utterly failed the following sense check, maybe I do need that 5th force die to be reliable without using darkside, it's not that far out of reach, just need 70 xp but next 10 will be spent on the foresee control initiative, I want to be able to rock at 1 thing going first (or letting an ally go first) seems like a good way to contribute, probably look at ascetic as an eventual 5th spec

Sense for additional Force sensitives when Akua arrives in Garang : 4eF 4 Dark Side
f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds.png

I'll do an in character post with the above rolls, when @player3333902 posts that Akua arrives in Garang

The gist of it will be that Elias is waiting patiently cross legged sitting on the ground or street corner with a peaceful meditative look on his face at the location where Akua arrives and she sees him stand up and wave as she approaches. Chemdat is leaning up against a nearby wall scowling while waiting impatiently.

If Teetoe and Excal'ur are with Akua when she arrived, Elias will say something to the effect of "I see you brought friends, I didn't anticipate that but they are more than welcome to join us for dinner"

@Rabobankrider Do I need to roll a streetwise/perception (to search)/vigilance (to casually notice without searching)/or other check for Elias to find a cantina with reasonable good and affordable food (if so what's the difficulty)? Or can I handwave that as Elias having asked around or taken in the scents (noticed what smelled good) when he was searching the "city" for the starship thief/a ship that the thief was likely to steal? He was also trying to get a "lay of the land" as it were (memorize exit routes, in particular how to get to the docking bays areas from anywhere in Garang) so that he can easily navigate Garang when the impending negative event occurs, i.e. when the proverbial poodoo hits the fan? Would you want me to roll for that last bit now, or is that I said in advance that Elias explicitly prepared for it sufficient to to provide a boost to a chase scene/navigation rolls IN GARANG for the next 24 hours?

Edited by EliasWindrider
12 hours ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

@Stormbourne I like how you're playing Avalon as a such a "little kid" :)

12 hours ago, Stormbourne said:

well yea growing up sucks

How old is Avalon anyway?

45 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

How old is Avalon anyway?

12-13 ish

13 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

12-13 ish

OK. I thought he was a little older than that. ? Now it actually makes more sense.

@Jonas Shaaf , sounds good to me, though for the triumph it may make more sense that with the promise of treasure the guy in charge simply doesn't think to disarm you. Same result for you though :)

@Tramp Graphics , the submersible has a silhouette of 3, speed 3 and handling +1. It also has 1 armour, 5 HT, 7 SS, medium sensor range but no weapons. The seats are sensor operator (back seat), co-pilot and pilot.

Speaking of, @Stormbourne , could you do an average computers check please for the sub.

@EliasWindrider , @player3333902 has already arrived in the city. You are all currently in the same city, just at different locations.

Also you don't really need a check to find the cantina, as it's not a big area. For the other stuff it's an average streetwise for asking around.

10 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Jonas Shaaf , sounds good to me, though for the triumph it may make more sense that with the promise of treasure the guy in charge simply doesn't think to disarm you. Same result for you though :)

@Tramp Graphics , the submersible has a silhouette of 3, speed 3 and handling +1. It also has 1 armour, 5 HT, 7 SS, medium sensor range but no weapons. The seats are sensor operator (back seat), co-pilot and pilot.

Speaking of, @Stormbourne , could you do an average computers check please for the sub.

@EliasWindrider , @player3333902 has already arrived in the city. You are all currently in the same city, just at different locations.

Also you don't really need a check to find the cantina, as it's not a big area. For the other stuff it's an average streetwise for asking around.

So three Crew, how about non-crew passengers? We're gonna have to fit Jonas in this thing when we leave.