Jedi Star OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

@Tramp Graphics Aris asked Korath a question, maybe you hadn't seen it.

Anything anyone else wants to do before it moves to Mandalore?

Maybe someone besides Elias could interact with Aris someway?

4 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

@Tramp Graphics Aris asked Korath a question, maybe you hadn't seen it.

That's because Korath is already on board the Jedi Star in the pilot's seat prepping for take-off. He did tell everyone to buckle in.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
39 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

That's because Korath is already on board the Jedi Star in the pilot's seat prepping for take-off. He did tell everyone to buckle in.

You skipped too far ahead, retcon it. You wrote that everyone else's characters were on the ship, basically she asked you as you were about to go up the ramp

Edited by EliasWindrider
8 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

You skipped too far ahead, retcon it. You wrote that everyone else's characters were on the ship, basically she asked you as you were about to go up the ramp

I didn't "skip" anything. I posted before you . Just because you failed to read my post properly before you posted, doesn't mean I "skipped" anything. I'm not changing my post.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
19 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

I didn't "skip" anything. I posted before you . Just because you failed to read my post properly before you posted, doesn't mean I "skipped" anything. I'm not changing my post.

Skip as in time skip, as in writing for other players' characters without asking them.

11 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Skip as in time skip, as in writing for other players' characters without asking them.

And how many other times have others done that, totally changing what I had planned to post? Plenty; more times than I can count. We each have to respond to what the previous player posted. If she wants to ask Korath if she can dock her ship to the Jedi Star, she’s going to have to go to the bridge and ask him. Otherwise, she has two choices: leave the Jedi Star on her own to get her’s without asking, and try to rendezvous with the rest of us in orbit or on Mandalore, or leave her ship behind.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
2 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

And how many other times have others done that, totally changing what I had planned to post? Plenty; more times than I can count. We each have to respond to what the previous player posted. If she wants to ask Korath if she can dock her ship to the Jedi Star, she’s going to have to go to the bridge and ask him. Otherwise, she has two choices: leave the Jedi Star on her own to get her’s without asking, and try to rendezvous with the rest of us in orbit or on Mandalore, or leave her ship behind.

I chose a different option it's in the ic thread

Just now, EliasWindrider said:

I chose a different option it's in the ic thread

Korath briefed everyone in the library , before going to the bridge, so she would have to already be on the Jedi Star. If she wants to leave, and get her ship, that’s her choice. But, given that she had to be in the briefing , along with everyone else, she can’t be down outside the ramp. So if she wants to ask Korath anything, she has to come to the bridge.

11 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Korath briefed everyone in the library , before going to the bridge, so she would have to already be on the Jedi Star. If she wants to leave, and get her ship, that’s her choice. But, given that she had to be in the briefing , along with everyone else, she can’t be down outside the ramp. So if she wants to ask Korath anything, she has to come to the bridge.

You don't get to write that my character boarded your ship without asking me first. And Elias went to the cockpit on her behalf.

Edited by EliasWindrider

And, @EliasWindrider , I time skipped because @Rabobankrider told us to.

On 4/24/2019 at 1:48 PM, Rabobankrider said:

Ok, when you guys are ready you can narrate returning to the ship and making the jump to Mandalore (time skip to keep things going) . This will be the last planet of the session before the next gm takes over.

(Bold mine)

3 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

You don't get to write that my character boarded your ship without asking me first. And Elias went to the cockpit on her behalf.

@Rabobankrider told us to timeskip ahead to heading to Mandalore. So that’s what I did.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
40 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

And, @EliasWindrider , I time skipped because @Rabobankrider told us to.

(Bold mine)

Too bad. First it was you guys (so he intended a collaborative effort which you acknowledged by using the word "us")... You don't get to control my character without asking me

Presuming that another character is going to leave their ship behind is bad form, and beyond the generally accepted freedom to write for other people's characters

But that's in the past, now you get to decide how Korath responds to Elias who is in the cockpit talking to Korath.

Edited by EliasWindrider

@Tramp Graphics so how is Korath going to respond to what Elias said to him in the cockpit of the Jedi star?

18 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

@Tramp Graphics so how is Korath going to respond to what Elias said to him in the cockpit of the Jedi star?

45 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Too bad. First it was you guys (so he intended a collaborative effort which you acknowledged by using the word "us")... You don't get to control my character without asking me

Presuming that another character is going to leave their ship behind is bad form, and beyond the generally accepted freedom to write for other people's characters

But that's in the past, now you get to decide how Korath responds to Elias who is in the cockpit talking to Korath.

I’m not presuming anything. She has a choice: Come to the cockpit and ask Korath herself, leave the Jedi Star on her own, and meet us in orbit or on Mandalore, or leave Gorse with everyone else on board the Jedi Star. Regardless of what she chooses, she’s doing it after we had the preflight briefing in the library and Korath headed to the cockpit to prepare for takeoff and told everyone to buckle in.

6 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

I’m not presuming anything. She has a choice: Come to the cockpit and ask Korath herself, leave the Jedi Star on her own, and meet us in orbit or on Mandalore, or leave Gorse with everyone else on board the Jedi Star. Regardless of what she chooses, she’s doing it after we had the preflight briefing in the library and Korath headed to the cockpit to prepare for takeoff and told everyone to buckle in.

You incorrectly presumed Aris would board the jedi star and sit through a preflight safety meeting.

Aris never boarded the jedi star, she was apparently waiting at the ramp the whole time. What's Korath's choice for how to respond to Elias?

Edited by EliasWindrider

@Rabobankrider

Tramp without my permission took control of my character saying she boarded the jedi star (though did not name her specifically in the post) and claims she wouldn't have spoken up in a preflight safety briefing and is now insisting she's on his ship. Please rule on this.

@Tramp Graphics , when I said for everyone to skip ahead to getting ready to leave, I did mean players writing for their individual characters. We knew in advance at least one would be in a separate ship, so your post doesn't really work. Bear in mind, this may be Korath's ship, but he hasn't really set himself as a leader of the party, and so can't dictate what others are doing.

You are going to need to edit your post to represent the fact that not everyone was at your briefing (which for the record, not exactly a normal thing in star wars, it's not like getting on a plane). You will also need to provide a response to Elias talking to Korath in the cockpit. It would be a lot easier if your edit included a response to @EliasWindrider 's character, but if you want to rp Korath as hard of hearing or ignorant I won't stop you.

Also you do need to stop telling players what their options are ooc, it sounds very ultimatum like ('my way or the highway'). Let the gm of the day do that, or let the players decide for themselves. There's always multiple options in a ttrpg, that's just a given. I'm going to get annoyed if it keeps happening.

@Tramp Graphics just so we're on the same page @Rabobankrider has already ruled (months ago) that your ship was designed to tow sil3 ships through hyperspace as per RAW. If you have a problem with that you can take it up with him but Aris is not giving up her ship and you don't have the authority to kick another player out of the game so either you can choose to tolerate Aris having her ship docked to the Jedi Star or you can keep on not tolerating it but it's going to happen so I suggest that you will be a lot less frustrated if you choose to tolerate it.

15 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

@Tramp Graphics just so we're on the same page @Rabobankrider has already ruled (months ago) that your ship was designed to tow sil3 ships through hyperspace as per RAW. If you have a problem with that you can take it up with him but Aris is not giving up her ship and you don't have the authority to kick another player out of the game so either you can choose to tolerate Aris having her ship docked to the Jedi Star or you can keep on not tolerating it but it's going to happen so I suggest that you will be a lot less frustrated if you choose to tolerate it.

Yes, but that still does not change the fact that the docking tube of the YZ-900 does need to clear the wing in order for that to occur. The Kestrel’s docking ring is not at the absolute rear of the ship. There are several meters of engine and wing behind it. And as such will not clear the wing or wing mounted guns of the YZ-900 if it tries to dock without the YZ-900’s docking tube fully extended. It’s not as simple as turning over on its side. That’s necessary regardless. The only hatch that’s accessible without requiring an extended docking tube is the small top hatch behind the cockpit.

Also, for the record, I’m not trying to force you out. Korath is testing her resolve. What he said about commitment is true. Any Jedi master worth his title will not accept a student if that student is not willing to commit 100%. Yoda was the same with Luke. Korath isn’t going to blow sunshine up her backside. He’s not giving her a sales pitch. He’s looking for dedicated, committed students.

I haven't been very active recently. I'm gonna look through ic and catch up.

Looks like we'll need to modify the Jedi star to have docking work without issue. @Rabobankrider what would be the appropriate roll to modify the star so as to resolve @Tramp Graphics concerns? Feel free to narrate the successful results however you want tramp in order to satisfy your needs for emersion and suspension of disbelief. However the ship will be able to dock somehow if I'm successful.

Perhaps even assisting with Korath in this effort?

@EliasWindrider , look at this pic of the Kestrel: 500?cb=20180128172037

There is at least four or five meters of ship behind the dorsal docking ring. The side docking tubes of the YZ-900 are barely a half meter in front of the wing mounted guns. The docking tubes absolutely must be extended for anything to dock with them. Can it dock? Yes; but only to a fully extended docking tube . Is that safe for jumping into hyperspace like that? I don’t know. It’s never been done in canon nor Legends, but it doesn’t look safe to me.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
15 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Yes, but that still does not change the fact that the docking tube of the YZ-900 does need to clear the wing in order for that to occur. The Kestrel’s docking ring is not at the absolute rear of the ship. There are several meters of engine and wing behind it. And as such will not clear the wing or wing mounted guns of the YZ-900 if it tries to dock without the YZ-900’s docking tube fully extended. It’s not as simple as turning over on its side. That’s necessary regardless. The only hatch that’s accessible without requiring an extended docking tube is the small top hatch behind the cockpit.

Also, for the record, I’m not trying to force you out. Korath is testing her resolve. What he said about commitment is true. Any Jedi master worth his title will not accept a student if that student is not willing to commit 100%. Yoda was the same with Luke. Korath isn’t going to blow sunshine up her backside. He’s not giving her a sales pitch. He’s looking for dedicated, committed students.

Then where is the docking ring if not in the absolute rear, it's not on the port, starboard, for, ventral, or dorsal surfaces. If you flip the kst-100 up on it's starboard so that's it's dorsal surface is pointing in the direction of the jedi star's fore it works fine, as is without modification and without extending the jedi star's docking tube. @Rabobankrider already ruled on this months ago it's time for you to accept that and move the story forward

Edited by EliasWindrider

@Tramp Graphics , I'm going to stop going on about this ****. I said way back that the ship would be able to dock without an issue. Unbelievably, that has not actually changed. Just as a reminder as to the gist of my previous posts: THE SHIP WILL DOCK WITH NO ISSUE. If you insist on keeping this ******* argument going, then you will need to retcon the design of your ship so that it does fit no problem.

You know why these kind of debates never show up in the films, series or books (excluding plot points, which this is not). It's because it is so ******* boring. No one cares about the intricate details of docking a ship. I am so ******* done with this arguing, the fact that either of you actually want to keep playing together astounds me, you barely seem to tolerate each other. Either hand wave the ship docking, or change the ship so it works. These are your options. @Tramp Graphics , your next post will be a choice of one of those two options, or, once again, I will into repercussions.

Once this **** is dealt with, we can move on. @Jonas Shaaf I'm assuming there isn't anything else you really want to do on Gorse at this moment?