Jedi Star OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

6 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , no one would have brought the ship to the planet of the current party members, but maybe it comes with the apprentice character. I don't have a problem with that.

I think this was directed at me and thanks... I'll work it in, Aris will meet Korath Jonas kark and drezn in the dock.

Ok so let me get back up to speed.

So I found out about the talisman, and we went to the funeral home to bury the old Jedi.

What other thread are we trying to explore?

2 hours ago, TheShard said:

So I found out about the talisman, and we went to the funeral home to bury the old Jedi.

Aris Renn followed the suspicious people in robes transporting a long dead body on a repulsor sled to a funeral home and is failing miserably at being subtle while trying to discreetly look at what's going on through the window. My intent is for her to get noticed, and confronted by/ make contact the Korath, Jonas, Drezn, and be talked into joining up on a trial basis (as in she can fly off in her ship the Astral Wren at any time)

7 hours ago, TheShard said:

Meeting up with Arvel and company.

4 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Meeting up with Arvel and company.

What, you couldn't say Arvel and Elias? Unless @Lotr_Nerd decides to show up with jar, it's just Arvel and Elias. Or do you have something against the character?

19 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

What, you couldn't say Arvel and Elias? Unless @Lotr_Nerd decides to show up with jar, it's just Arvel and Elias. Or do you have something against the character?

Not at all. I just wasn't sure how many were in that group.

@EliasWindrider , pretty meta regarding the gand culture, especially as they are very secretive with their ways, especially with outsiders. I'm going to need a hard lore check with a setback to see what Elias would actually know about the findsman. I will also need an average underworld check to see if he can tell Reesh is a bounty hunter (he looks more like an armed traveller than anything else really). You also won't be able to tell if he is lying without the appropriate check, just to let you know preemptively.

18 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@EliasWindrider , pretty meta regarding the gand culture, especially as they are very secretive with their ways, especially with outsiders. I'm going to need a hard lore check with a setback to see what Elias would actually know about the findsman. I will also need an average underworld check to see if he can tell Reesh is a bounty hunter (he looks more like an armed traveller than anything else really). You also won't be able to tell if he is lying without the appropriate check, just to let you know preemptively.

Sorry if you thought I was being meta, but I didn't narrate anything that Elias didn't have the stats to back up, and when you narrated Reesh lying without rolling a deception check right off the back I thought that indicated keeping things narrative was ok.

Lore : 4eP+1eA+3eD+1eS 1 success, 1 Triumph
p-s.png p-tr.png p-a-a.png p-s.png a-s-a.png d-th.png d-f-f.png d-th-th.png s-f.png

Underworld : 4eA+2eD 2 successes, 1 advantage
a-s.png a-s.png a-s-a.png a-a-a.png d-th.png d-f-th.png

And I was planning on having Elias use the sense force power to tell if Reesh lies if I need to, but honest question here would Reesh normally make a deception check opposed by Elias' discipline or another skill? Btw Elias has a rank of nobody's fool which upgrades the difficulty of deception checks made against him by one so I think (assuming discipline opposes deception and I'm not sure I remember that correctly) the difficulty would be 4 red and a purple.

I just checked it's discipline or vigilance, if you choose vigilance Reesh will be facing 3 red, 2 purple, and 3 black (Elias' vigilance check is 2 yellow, 3 green, 3 blue, converting to negative dice is 2 red, 3 purple, 3 black, and nobody's fool upgrades a purple to a red)

Elias is a very hard person to deceive.

Edited by EliasWindrider

@EliasWindrider , it would be a deception vs discipline yeah. Unfortunately this way of going on has put Reesh on edge here. Elias may not be the best recruiter for this scenario.

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

@EliasWindrider , it would be a deception vs discipline yeah. Unfortunately this way of going on has put Reesh on edge here. Elias may not be the best recruiter for this scenario.

Hmmm, it appears I was not being meta enough, sorry about that. My mistake was to "method act" too much... I was thinking as my character who was trying to protect the current group against a bounty hunter who was hunting force users rather than recruit Reesh. That's on me. I suggest an out of discussion plan/script about how to fix it.

@EliasWindrider , or perhaps bear in mind that you may know Reesh is a bounty hunter, but in reality have no real way of knowing that his initial intention was to hunt jedi. That would probably solve a big part of the issue, or let @Jonas Shaaf actually take the lead on this one as was the initial intention.

@EliasWindrider , @Tramp Graphics , @Jonas Shaaf and @TheShard , we don't seem to be any closer to bringing the two groups together at the minute. Reesh is pretty much on board via Arvel (also cheers for the plug regarding Mandalore, that makes the next stage easier). Both groups are in the same area, the same street even. I can't really do this bit for you. Perhaps a routine sense check, or an average perception check would be enough to sort this.

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

@EliasWindrider , @Tramp Graphics , @Jonas Shaaf and @TheShard , we don't seem to be any closer to bringing the two groups together at the minute. Reesh is pretty much on board via Arvel (also cheers for the plug regarding Mandalore, that makes the next stage easier). Both groups are in the same area, the same street even. I can't really do this bit for you. Perhaps a routine sense check, or an average perception check would be enough to sort this.

How about vigilance for casual observation since Elias is not specifically looking for Korath

Vigilance for casual observation : 3eA+2eP+3eB+2eD 3 successes, 5 advantage
a-a.png a-a.png a-a.png p-s-a.png p-s.png b-s-a.png b-a-a.png b-s.png d-th.png d-f-th.png

And here's a sense with opposed discipline check

Sense Korath : 2eA+3eP+3eC+4eF 3 successes, 3 advantage, 1 Triumph, 2 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
a-a.png a-a-a.png p-s-s.png p-tr.png p-s-s.png c--.png c-f.png c-f.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png

Edited by EliasWindrider

Forsee

Foresee : 5eF 2 Light Side, 4 Dark Side
f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds.png

I'll use the lightside

@EliasWindrider , like I said, really it should have been a perception check, but at this stage, **** it. Those two would be enough to spot them going into the funeral home.

@TheShard , you would see a vision of the street that you are on from above. It's blurred and shimmering, but the outline of the street itself is very clear. You see two bright lights, one at each end. As the vision focuses you can see that each light has several black silhouettes in the centre. They are various shapes and sizes, but all seem to be of sentient beings. One of the lights is blue, the other is green. Slowly the lights move forwards, drawing closer together till they meet in the centre, merging into a blinding flash. The vision ends there, but you can tell that the lights must represent beings sensitive to the force.

@Jonas Shaaf , when you are ready (it is your characters current focus), I will do a very short time skip to the funeral for your friend. In the mean time everyone else is welcome to carry on with their rp side of things.

6 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Jonas Shaaf , when you are ready (it is your characters current focus), I will do a very short time skip to the funeral for your friend  . In the mean time everyone else is welcome to carry on with their rp side of things.

I'm ready at your convenience. Unless you want Jonas to talk to Elias / Reesh / Arvel first.

7 minutes ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

I'm ready at your convenience. Unless you want Jonas to talk to Elias / Reesh / Arvel first.

Don't forget Aris Renn who was mortified when Elias dragged her in the front door and pointed out that she was spying on the people inside the funeral home through the window.

@EliasWindrider , it's down to you to introduce your Padawan at this point. I will try sort the ic stuff at latest by Wednesday.

I'm shortening the ceremony part a bit to save time, hope you guys understand and I'm sure you all are ready to be onto the next planet.

No problem.

Ok, when you guys are ready you can narrate returning to the ship and making the jump to Mandalore (time skip to keep things going). This will be the last planet of the session before the next gm takes over.

On 4/24/2019 at 11:48 AM, Rabobankrider said:

Ok, when you guys are ready you can narrate returning to the ship and making the jump to Mandalore (time skip to keep things going). This will be the last planet of the session before the next gm takes over.

Can you email me what you had planned? I'll PM you my email address.

I've sent you a message :)